Author Topic: Magufuli nails infrastructure  (Read 1571 times)

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
Magufuli nails infrastructure
« on: July 06, 2020, 11:05:46 PM »
Magufuli brought infrastructure ministry under office of president... thus he hits bang for each TZ shilling

From roads, hospitals, community markets, ships, rail, regional mineral markets, hydropower and power transmission... Magufuli infrastructure is far more well knit than jubilee so called road, rail and bridge construction (literally shortened CRBC or big 4)

The impact will be big in the coming years

Small scale native miners are becoming overnight millionaires!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/miner-millionaire-tanzania-biggest-tanzanite-gemstones-history-a9584886.html

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
Re: Magufuli nails infrastructure
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 11:32:54 PM »

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 12:04:59 PM »
Africa needs infrastructural investments but at what costs and how?

We are eating into the future with crazy corrupted deals - future generations will pay for grand corruption by a few or may be not as Ethiopia is about to explode as no jobs for the millions despite rosy roads.

SGR is being subsidised at crazy rates and cannot compete with trucks? What if we did affordable housing with 300B. So far no serious dam is yet to near completion despite all billions poured into water and we keep importing maize, beans and all.

Looking at that bus stage it is empty yet Ubungo and Kariokor are just like our Machakos/ Gikomba. Would it have worked better if they employed vets for chicken and goats.

The counties for instance are doing well putting up dispensaries and big hospital buildings and all sort of medical equipment as this is where it is easy to get quick dollars yet they have refused to promote health workers; no salaries
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 01:56:19 PM »
I agree with him on infrastructure focus - I wish he would quietly do it like Kibaki - without interfering in other areas.

What Africa needs to do is bridge infrastructure deficit.

I think electricity has finally got the focus it requires - and Kenya and TZ - are doing very well. Uganda are still in darkness.

Railways are also getting attention and so are paved roads.

We also need massive investment on clean pipe water and sewage systems.

I wish kenya could borrow say 100B dollars century bond and bridge the infrastructure deficit.

But we have to be careful with Lapset like grandiose projects - Isiolo is still idle - and so Lamu port may end up like that.

Naivasha dry port and industrial park may happen.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 05:34:08 PM »
I agree with him on infrastructure focus - I wish he would quietly do it like Kibaki - without interfering in other areas.

What Africa needs to do is bridge infrastructure deficit.

I think electricity has finally got the focus it requires - and Kenya and TZ - are doing very well. Uganda are still in darkness.

In Africa, you need a big stick to get things. You have to make effective use of the bully pulpit to deter corruption and get the ball rolling in any meaningful way. Magu instinctively gets it.

I wish kenya could borrow say 100B dollars century bond and bridge the infrastructure deficit.

But we have to be careful with Lapset like grandiose projects - Isiolo is still idle - and so Lamu port may end up like that.

Naivasha dry port and industrial park may happen.

$100B?! You wish. You'd find nondescript warriors driving the latest luxury cars and not a single road tarmacked. Insanity!

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.