Author Topic: Patronage  (Read 1883 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Patronage
« on: January 27, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »
In 1997 before NDP merger with KANU raila was another poor man. After appointment as energy minister he stole enough to make him a billionaire. In 1999 i used to work with Railas nephew. I met late Fidel thru the nephew. By 2000 or there about Fidel relocated to kwiinya and in span of decade he was worthy over $5 million without breaking a sweat or producing anything of value to sell

This kind of patronage is what has made Raila bastardized the struggle of luo peasants for a free Kenya

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Patronage
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 09:53:03 AM »
Plato on a high... are you manic?
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »
Plato on a high... are you manic?

Nope just idle for a few months. Meaning i have 3 hours free in the morning and at night

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 11:05:08 AM »
Mercedes
If you are trying to figure me out good luck. I am an open book but a mystery. Anyway Raila has conned his way to billionaire status. He is the biggest political pyramid schemer of our lifetime. He has leveraged his detention very well. He is a master of musical chairs and political theatrics that just end to no where. The tragedy is that only junior and the younger lass have a chance to keep Jaramogi torch shining.

The younger lass has great potential

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »
Mercedes
If you are trying to figure me out good luck. I am an open book but a mystery. Anyway Raila has conned his way to billionaire status. He is the biggest political pyramid schemer of our lifetime. He has leveraged his detention very well. He is a master of musical chairs and political theatrics that just end to no where. The tragedy is that only junior and the younger lass have a chance to keep Jaramogi torch shining.

The younger lass has great potential

Lol. You are a hustler... self-made go-getter who knows what they want and goes hard at it. I saw your truck business story and laughed. That is suffering not business. I stick to my specialization in tech where i work corporates and moonlight nominally. And select stock in unicorns - lime, ethereum, bitcoins, uber, tesla, etc. Can't wait till they float SpaceX. Wish i had guts for high risk ventures dangling dollars about. I will stick to what i know and watch the risk takers like you and Pundit from the periphery.

Raila is a gambler. BBI is his last play as he clocks 80. That is why he is ready to sacrifice and retire as ceremonial president. Of course he has stolen enough billions through loot, tenders and kickbacks over the years. But not as much as Kenyatta 1 & 2, Moi, Kibaki or Ruto. I like that he does not openly condone sleaze and in fact preaches integrity. Generally i view politics more as a sport - entertainment - so Tangatanga and Handshake is like Chichago Bulls vs NY Knicks. I stay entertained, maybe alittle tense but least personally invested.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 01:21:57 PM »
Making money is hard and easy. I once bought trap houses in Harrisburg and flipped them from 10k to 60k in months. However i had to fight off crackheads. Two years ago i had a very successful minimart in the ghetto till the area was rebuilt and i lost the poor clientele ..money is there but be reeady to eat shit to get it

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 01:54:02 PM »
Raila was born rich, and the rich get richer through connections and opportunities.

Ruto is self-made. Does it make sense to call this patronage?

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 02:20:36 PM »
In 1997 before NDP merger with KANU raila was another poor man. After appointment as energy minister he stole enough to make him a billionaire. In 1999 i used to work with Railas nephew. I met late Fidel thru the nephew. By 2000 or there about Fidel relocated to kwiinya and in span of decade he was worthy over $5 million without breaking a sweat or producing anything of value to sell

This kind of patronage is what has made Raila bastardized the struggle of luo peasants for a free Kenya

Dont scratch your head about Fidel... What you are calling $5M without a sweat was Raila's loot. Raila simply did what other thieving Kenyans do, hide Ill-gotten wealth in close relatives names. There can be no other explanation why RAO's wife shamelessly took Fidel's widow to court over succession matters. The Eriterian was going to get her hands on Raila's loot! Mama Ida even set up a jaluo woman to go commit perjury by telling the court she had sired a child with Fidel. In this era of DNA how do you even lie on such matters? Anyway dont know how that ended but I guess that lady was intelligent enough not to go along with that scheme.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 05:12:04 PM »
Did she kill him?

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 08:17:08 PM »
Did she kill him?
If Fidel's death was foul play, I highly doubt the RAO family had anything to do with it. The grape-vine has it that Raila spent SEVERAL hours at Fidel's death bed deep in shock, when he was called by her daughter in law and told Fidel had gone to bed and found dead in the morning. For Raila this was a case of a son he had so many plans for, going too soon. RIP. The timing was awful tempting one to think perhaps somebody was out to hit RAO where it hurt most.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 08:58:58 PM »
He wasn't exactly poor - Jaramogi was rich - he was probably amongst the first richest africans - way before Jomo kenyatta went on a stealing spree.