Author Topic: Banks & money: Housing, land and financial speculation  (Read 2299 times)

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Banks & money: Housing, land and financial speculation
« on: September 28, 2014, 03:16:16 PM »

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Banks & money: Housing, land and financial speculation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »
 :rolleyes:

I had to do this compulsory course ECONOMICS 101 as part of my politics major. . I don't remember much of it but I do recall listening bored shatless on the history of monetary systems. They were from shells apparently, an extension of trade networks. . when he went into micro and macro economics was about the time I switched off completely. I think this chap is right to say what they teach about money and what happens in the real world are completely different.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Banks & money: Housing, land and financial speculation
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 07:33:22 PM »
:rolleyes:

I had to do this compulsory course ECONOMICS 101 as part of my politics major. . I don't remember much of it but I do recall listening bored shatless on the history of monetary systems. They were from shells apparently, an extension of trade networks. . when he went into micro and macro economics was about the time I switched off completely. I think this chap is right to say what they teach about money and what happens in the real world are completely different.

Well, it should be part of the basic education. We spend all time working for money but no time devoted to understand the basics. Schools I have attended never presented any economics beyond the supply/demand curves :(