Author Topic: Uhuru about to come clearly - seeking a term extension.  (Read 3888 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Uhuru about to come clearly - seeking a term extension.
« on: June 25, 2019, 09:15:23 AM »
https://www.the-star.co.ke/counties/nairobi/2019-06-25-uhuru-is-too-young-to-retire-in-2022-sonko-says/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Uhuru about to come clearly - seeking a term extension.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »
I doubt it otherwise Babu would not go for it. The Sonkos and Atwolis will continue testing the waters and prepping folks until BBI proposals firm up. Parliamentary will be seen as inclusion - likely bundled with more devolution, more CDF & ward funds, gender parity and name it.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »
I thought Sonko and Kuria were Tanga Tanga crew :)
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 01:34:43 PM »
Even Baba cannot help Uhuru in this scheme. The minute Baba comes up with it, the next minute Orengo and other potential successors in Luoland will pounce on this chance to break Baba's hold on ODM.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 01:52:32 PM »
I see you're really batting for Babu. Babu offer is inferior and at what cost. Uhuru & GEMA elect Raila's PORK for 7 yrs (ceremonial my arse) and Raila is not suppose not to betray & avenge all they have done to him - and go ahead & appoint Uhuru :). The first business of ceremonial PORK will be to ammend the laws and katiba to crawl back on power - long before any PM is appointed - or to even refuse to appoint PM like Sonko has done.

Uhuru either get term extension or makes a deal with Ruto ; anything else is not rational.

I doubt it otherwise Babu would not go for it. The Sonkos and Atwolis will continue testing the waters and prepping folks until BBI proposals firm up. Parliamentary will be seen as inclusion - likely bundled with more devolution, more CDF & ward funds, gender parity and name it.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 02:22:40 PM »

Kuria called for the La Murder meetings. I doubt he is tanga tanga. Looks to me like a moderate or a backslidden tanga tanga goon
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 04:45:08 PM »
CEREMONIAL - repeat after me - elected by Parliament. He appears on portraits or such - like Israel or Ethiopia president -  but nothing more. Exec PM is the leader of majority party/coalition - not appointed by PORK. Basically once your party or coalition wins majority in the National Assembly, you become PM automatically. Once we have parliamentary in place, it is a fresh start and Ruto can be Raila DPM :) - as he help Raila to betray Uhuru. Instead of running with Waiguru.

I see you're really batting for Babu. Babu offer is inferior and at what cost. Uhuru & GEMA elect Raila's PORK for 7 yrs (ceremonial my arse) and Raila is not suppose not to betray & avenge all they have done to him - and go ahead & appoint Uhuru :). The first business of ceremonial PORK will be to ammend the laws and katiba to crawl back on power - long before any PM is appointed - or to even refuse to appoint PM like Sonko has done.

Uhuru either get term extension or makes a deal with Ruto ; anything else is not rational.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 05:46:49 PM »
Kuria like most Mt. Kenya MP's who had sworn allegiance to Ruto is doing a moonwalk back into safe territory where they can watch opportunistically as things unfold.  It is a very difficult time for all politicians until the future becomes clearer.

Kuria called for the La Murder meetings. I doubt he is tanga tanga. Looks to me like a moderate or a backslidden tanga tanga goon
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 07:19:11 PM »

I was being sarcastic - those two amigos are becoming another Ruto headache with their Wanjiku Movement - targeting Ruto's Hustler Nation brand.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »
Why do we have to go for election to elect a dead portrait that cannot even be printed on our money. Already PORK now is largely ceremonial compared to MOI.You see Uhuru loosing his head, having his win annualed and generally biatching about judiciary. Constitution has taken most powers - and given it to independent bodies and arms. And then go further and devolved lots of power to governors.Now you want to split the already dead thing - while creating regional govs - who will have powerful governors - and we have 47 counties with governors. Probably devolved 50% of the money.

And then we go to elect ceremonial pork - PM - and so many deputies. What a joke. This thing cannot be shared any further. It becomes meaningless.

My friend bring us this BBI - so we can laugh out LOUD.

What has saved Uhuru - is clawing back at constitution - to retain stuff like prov admi - go rogue and make Police report to him (they are independent) - and basically many illegal stuff to try to protect his PORK.

CEREMONIAL - repeat after me - elected by Parliament. He appears on portraits or such - like Israel or Ethiopia president -  but nothing more. Exec PM is the leader of majority party/coalition - not appointed by PORK. Basically once your party or coalition wins majority in the National Assembly, you become PM automatically. Once we have parliamentary in place, it is a fresh start and Ruto can be Raila DPM :) - as he help Raila to betray Uhuru. Instead of running with Waiguru.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 07:30:18 PM »
Which Wanjiku want Uhuru term extended. Maybe they mean Wanjiku Wanjiku. Not the proverbial Moi's wanjiku. These are people who do not want to be victimized by Kibicho and company - and are looking for middle ground.
I was being sarcastic - those two amigos are becoming another Ruto headache with their Wanjiku Movement - targeting Ruto's Hustler Nation brand.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 09:03:54 PM »
We are a pure presidential system - in the US mold. Now we want to go Parliamentary - as had been negotiated at length in the Bomas and original CoE Drafts - before PNU and Ruto desecrated it at Naivasha. It's not rocket science - the JSC, SRC, CRA, etc - will continue to check the Executive esp PM who can still go rogue. Ceremonial President object is not power-sharing but a national symbol of unity, sovereignty, portraits, swearing in judges, etc. Officials swear allegiance to Queen & Country, warships are labeled HMS - yet she is not even C-in-C. PM is pure leader of the Executive - summoned and grilled by MPs or courts - without "Head of State" nonsense which allow him impunity to "maintain respect for the office". Fat indolent types need not apply.

As for regional govt Babu and Uhuru are smart enough to know it won't fly. Additionally they can leverage bigger devolution slice, CDFs, gender parity and such sweeteners.

Of course Ruto can propose Opposition Leader, etc - if he has a better plan than Aukot. Or well, he can lead No again.

Why do we have to go for election to elect a dead portrait that cannot even be printed on our money. Already PORK now is largely ceremonial compared to MOI.You see Uhuru loosing his head, having his win annualed and generally biatching about judiciary. Constitution has taken most powers - and given it to independent bodies and arms. And then go further and devolved lots of power to governors.Now you want to split the already dead thing - while creating regional govs - who will have powerful governors - and we have 47 counties with governors. Probably devolved 50% of the money.

And then we go to elect ceremonial pork - PM - and so many deputies. What a joke. This thing cannot be shared any further. It becomes meaningless.

What has saved Uhuru - is clawing back at constitution - to retain stuff like prov admi - go rogue and make Police report to him (they are independent) - and basically many illegal stuff to try to protect his PORK.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 09:13:55 PM »
Which Wanjiku want Uhuru term extended. Maybe they mean Wanjiku Wanjiku. Not the proverbial Moi's wanjiku. These are people who do not want to be victimized by Kibicho and company - and are looking for middle ground.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 09:20:09 PM »
Sounds all good. So Uhuru the lazybone will be doing all donkey work - for Raila - who will be acting as the Queen or King of Kenya. Some jokes are not serious. Kenya do not want a parliamentary system. It that simple. They want to elect the substantive PORK or PM. Then PM or PORK can appoint the ceremonial dude - because we do not want many competing centers of power.

Anyway it literally took a war to get last constitution.

Now you want us to ammend the constitution for two desperate people who have refused to retire :) despite having served as PM and PORK :)

Everyone will be going to the referendum - Kalonzo, Mudavadis - all of them will be part of this imagine charade whose beneficiary is Raila and Uhuru :)

You're courting a revolt - because the line of leaders waiting for those position is long. Kalonzo be waiting for 30yrs now :)

Last time Ruto got 31% opposing it. This time Ruto will get 61% opposing BBI if it ever get there. It cannot even pass parliament then 24 counties.

First let us get the BBI - come up with their illegal output - and we can proceed from there.

We are a pure presidential system - in the US mold. Now we want to go Parliamentary - as had been negtiated at length in the Bomas and original CoE Drafts - before PNU and Ruto desecrated it at Naivasha. It's not rocket science - the JSC, SRC, CRA, etc - will continue to check the Executive esp PM who can still go rogue. Ceremonial President object is not power-sharing but a national symbol of unity, sovereignty, portraits, swearing in judges, etc. Officials swear allegiance to Queen & Country, warships are labeled HMS - yet she is not even C-in-C. PM is pure leader of the Executive - summoned and grilled by MPs or courts - without "Head of State" nonsense which allow him impunity to "maintain respect for the office". Fat indolent types need not apply.

As for regional govt Babu and Uhuru are smart enough to know it won't fly. Additionally they can leverage bigger devolution slice, CDFs, gender parity and such sweeteners.

Of course Ruto can propose Opposition Leader, etc - if he has a better plan than Aukot. Or well, he can lead No again.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 09:26:13 PM »
How to govern people should be continuously and constantly be experimented upon.  The winner take all system is not working, especially the Ouruto experiment of Kikuyu/Kalenjin domination. I am glad Ouru woke up and smelt the coffee.  Ruto too will soon realize that pursuing a purely kalenjin/Kikuyu alliance is an exercise in futility.  I cannot understand why the Kalenjin are stuck in the failed model when the entire country including Kikuyus have figured this thing out. Stability is everything, and handshake and NARA brought instant stability. What more experiments do you need to know that what works in Kenya is a more inclusive system of government and not winner takes all especially the Kalenjin/Gema arrangement which requires heavy rigging and refusal to open the server for them to "win" and take all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 09:30:41 PM »
What instability is there? elections are free and fair. You want Luo/Kikuyu alliance instead of Kalenjin/Kikuyu alliance - same thing to me. This current constitution was perfect about 9yrs ago....what suddenly changed. We saw NARA and we didn't like it. It was quarrelsome and stressful. More like what we are starting to see in Jubilee. What we need are strong leaders like Ruto who can bring onboard everyone. Not share PORK until it's not recognizable.We don't need 5 leaders squabbling everyday while serving the same gov.

If you want to be part of gov - simple - join Jubilee.

How to govern people should be continuously and constantly be experimented upon.  The winner take all system is not working, especially the Ouruto experiment of Kikuyu/Kalenjin domination. I am glad Ouru woke up and smelt the coffee.  Ruto too will soon realize that pursuing a purely kalenjin/Kikuyu alliance is an exercise in futility.  I cannot understand why the Kalenjin are stuck in the failed model when the entire country including Kikuyus have figured this thing out. Stability is everything, and handshake and NARA brought instant stability. What more experiments do you need to know that what works in Kenya is a more inclusive system of government and not winner takes all especially the Kalenjin/Gema arrangement which requires heavy rigging and refusal to open the server for them to "win" and take all.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 09:32:13 PM »
We should have referendums every year if that is what it takes to get it right.  When we get it right like after the "handshake", the country knows it. Handshake was like having a terrible tooth ache and trying all kinds of remedies then one works instantly. Referendum is trying to find away to codify, or capture the handshake, or bottle  it for posterity. 

Sounds all good. So Uhuru the lazybone will be doing all donkey work - for Raila - who will be acting as the Queen or King of Kenya. Some jokes are not serious. Kenya do not want a parliamentary system. It that simple. They want to elect the substantive PORK or PM. Then PM or PORK can appoint the ceremonial dude - because we do not want many competing centers of power.

Now you want us to ammend the constitution for two desperate people who have refused to retire :) despite having served as PM and PORK :)

Everyone will be going to the referendum - Kalonzo, Mudavadis - all of them will be part of this imagine charade whose beneficiary is Raila and Uhuru :)

You're courting a revolt - because the line of leaders waiting for those position is long. Kalonzo be waiting for 30yrs now :)

Last time Ruto got 31% opposing it. This time Ruto will get 61% opposing BBI if it ever get there. It cannot even pass parliament then 24 counties.

First let us get the BBI - come up with their illegal output - and we can proceed from there.

We are a pure presidential system - in the US mold. Now we want to go Parliamentary - as had been negtiated at length in the Bomas and original CoE Drafts - before PNU and Ruto desecrated it at Naivasha. It's not rocket science - the JSC, SRC, CRA, etc - will continue to check the Executive esp PM who can still go rogue. Ceremonial President object is not power-sharing but a national symbol of unity, sovereignty, portraits, swearing in judges, etc. Officials swear allegiance to Queen & Country, warships are labeled HMS - yet she is not even C-in-C. PM is pure leader of the Executive - summoned and grilled by MPs or courts - without "Head of State" nonsense which allow him impunity to "maintain respect for the office". Fat indolent types need not apply.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 09:35:04 PM »
Sorry, but what exactly is the handshake. We should codify that two competing leader shake hands? and find another a job in AU :). I mean I can understand NARA. But handshake is plain personal deal btw two leaders.

We can have referendum every day if you can fulfill the constitution requirements - there is the threshold - and you voted YES. We told you to amend this constitution will be near impossible - I mean last one was tough with mere 2/3 of MPs - now this one is nearly impossible.

We should have referendums every year if that is what it takes to get it right.  When we get it right like after the "handshake", the country knows it. Handshake was like having a terrible tooth ache and trying all kinds of remedies then one works instantly. Referendum is trying to find away to codify, or capture the handshake, or bottle  it for posterity. 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 09:44:53 PM »

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 09:47:58 PM »
If a day can be one year in politics, then imagine 9 years.  We have had enough time with this constitution to figure out what works and what does not.  The Kalenjin/Kikuyu alliance under the winner take all scenario has been tried and it has failed miserably. I do not know the right tribal combination that will be optimum but at least now we know that any alliance that leaves either the kikuyu or luos out does not work. We know this because NARA and Handshake has worked to stabilize the country politically.  We have not tried a tribal combination that leaves the Kalenjin completely out and I do not think we should. I guess that is why Ouru, Raila and Man Gidi are working together to try a broader combination that will rope in more tribes.  If it was possible to have free and fair elections in Kenya I could deal with whatever tribal combination that comes from a free and fair elections. Since elections are rigged, I'd rather they rig it with inclusiveness in mind and not the Ruto model where he thinks he can rig in the Kikuyu/Kalenjin alliance for 100 years. Kenyans will never accept that combination again and I am glad Ouru figured that out before the country fall apart.  I do not know where we would be today as a country without handshake.

What instability is there? elections are free and fair. You want Luo/Kikuyu alliance instead of Kalenjin/Kikuyu alliance - same thing to me. This current constitution was perfect about 9yrs ago....what suddenly changed. We saw NARA and we didn't like it. It was quarrelsome and stressful. More like what we are starting to see in Jubilee. What we need are strong leaders like Ruto who can bring onboard everyone. Not share PORK until it's not recognizable.We don't need 5 leaders squabbling everyday while serving the same gov.

If you want to be part of gov - simple - join Jubilee.