Author Topic: Change of fortune for Turkana family as Ruto lands in remote village  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
This man Samoei.. ni kama ndlama ni kama vindyo.

IN SUMMARY

They stood still and let fate decide what was next, and soon they learned that a powerful government official had landed on their laps, in the remote Nayane Aroo area of Lotikipi Plains where just a few people live.

After an exchange of pleasantries, they were informed that they were the unplanned hosts of Deputy President William Ruto, but they asked who he was.

Pictures taken during the visit show naked children clinging onto their parents as the DP seemingly tries to strike a conversation with them.

The photos have since attracted praise and vitriol in equal measure on social media, with most people wondering why the DP comfortably interacted with naked children who appeared hungry.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/counties/Ruto-abrupt-chopper-landing-shocks-family/1950480-5117770-ypol52/index.html
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
More politician should be forced to go and live in that environment for a week.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
More politician should be forced to go and live in that environment for a week.

It won't change a thing.  If anything, it might just remind them of what their positions and corruption permit them to escape.  The hustler claims he used to live on the streets.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Well - I don't know - but I think unless their hearts are stone-cold - those kind of images are very disturbing - and very sobering - on just how far behind some parts of the country are in.
It won't change a thing.  If anything, it might just remind them of what their positions and corruption permit them to escape.  The hustler claims he used to live on the streets.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
I actually admire this in Ruto - the ability to step off the pedestal and connect with ordinary or downtrodden folks.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels