Author Topic: Uhuru versus Ruto cold war continues  (Read 10408 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: Uhuru versus Ruto cold war continues
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2019, 11:08:30 AM »
Try Watching again - and try remove you ODM blinkers this time again.

You are the only one here with blinkers. Murkomen is making an apologia for not fighting corruption and you trying to spin that into a clever position to take in public? Even in Moi era looting, no one was dumb enough to say anything in public about corruption except that it is a vice that must be fought with zero tolerance. Fear-mongering about Magufuli doesn't make that position a single bit better either.

I mean, your enemies are busy painting you as the figure-heads of corruption in Kenya because they know it's the most hated vice in the country--a unifier of an issue-- and your best response is to just hand them what they want? What kind of thinking is that? The best way to attack the fight-against-corruption is not try and convince people of this crazy proposition that being stern about it is a dangerous/bad thing. That's frankly nonsense in a country that has grown accustomed to hearing about the theft of billions year after year with the perpetrators getting off scot-free every time and even moving on to bigger and better things as common people's lives only grow harder.

You want to fight it by either delegitimising it by showing bigger thieves are still around, starting with the president's own family, and the folks being targeted are simply scapegoats. It is asinine to imagine normal people will accept the idea that fighting corruption is somehow a bad thing. The definition of a losing argument if I ever saw one, or to put it better: it is simply rolling over and taking the hit that your opponent has given you. Murkomen sounds like someone interested in protecting and preserving corruption on that podium and the question is: why would anyone with clear thinking allow themselves to be painted in that role? Amazing.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2019, 11:29:15 AM »
ODM last won power which year. Murkomen is Senate Majority Leader at 38-39yrs year. Please teach your people politics. Nearly a dozen of RV mps were my colleagues at UON including Murkomen - and I couldn't be more proud of them.

Okay to the issues at hand. This is akin to ICC/Local Tribunal where a great idea "fighting impunity" is mis-used by the same Nancy Gitaus to achieve political ends.There are two ways about it. RVs can remain silent, watch as OP induced fight against "graft" is waged against them and then they get rolled over.

Or they can fight OP & DCI. This is not a fight against corruption. This is a fight against WSR. Obviously Ruto & Rvs having been in power for 24hrs understand GOK in and out...have parallel intelligence and knows the end game . Only fools like Raila or MaDVD or Kalonzo are taken to cleaners without them even knowing.

If there is any fight against corruption Matiangi who was fingured by EACC in Ruaraka land would be in hot soup. When EACC took the file the DPP - it was returned severally - they gave up.

Anyway this is politics. So kindly stop adivising those of us in Jubilee-Ruto camp how to do our politics. Raila and ODM REALLY TRULLY NEED you well argued points - and they may one day get power - and you'll not be this EMBITTERED.

Ruto was elected after being indicted with ICC....what about the fake narrative of corruption.

The last two opinion polls still show WSR is the man to beat in 2022.

You are the only one here with blinkers. Murkomen is making an apologia for not fighting corruption and you trying to spin that into a clever position to take in public? Even in Moi era looting, no one was dumb enough to say anything in public about corruption except that it is a vice that must be fought with zero tolerance. Fear-mongering about Magufuli doesn't make that position a single bit better either.

I mean, your enemies are busy painting you as the figure-heads of corruption in Kenya because they know it's the most hated vice in the country--a unifier of an issue-- and your best response is to just hand them what they want? What kind of thinking is that? The best way to attack the fight-against-corruption is not try and convince people of this crazy proposition that being stern about it is a dangerous/bad thing. That's frankly nonsense in a country that has grown accustomed to hearing about the theft of billions year after year with the perpetrators getting off scot-free every time and even moving on to bigger and better things as common people's lives only grow harder. You want to fight it by either delegitimising it by showing bigger thieves are still around, starting with the president's own family, and the folks being targeted are simply scapegoats. It is asinine to imagine normal people will accept the idea that fighting corruption is somehow a bad thing. The definition of a losing argument if I ever saw one, or to put it better: it is simply accepting the hit that your opponent has thrown at you. Murkomen sounds like someone interested in protecting and preserving corruption. Why should anyone with clear thinking allow themselves to be painted in that role? Amazing.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2019, 11:40:53 AM »
I agree this is just war against Ruto not genuine war on corruption. But the real battle is in GEMA where Ruto is slowly but surely losing. Kalenjin really sound entitled to largesse.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2019, 11:43:14 AM »
ODM last won power which year. Murkomen is Senate Majority Leader at 38-39yrs year. Please teach your people politics. Nearly a dozen of RV mps were my colleagues at UON including Murkomen - and I couldn't be more proud of them.
Who cares? I went to school with some of them too.

Okay to the issues at hand. This is akin to ICC/Local Tribunal where a great idea "fighting impunity" is mis-used by the same Nancy Gitaus to achieve political ends.There are two ways about it. RVs can remain silent, watch as OP induced fight against "graft" is waged against them and then they get rolled over.

Or they can fight OP & DCI. This is not a fight against corruption. This is a fight against WSR. Obviously Ruto & Rvs having been in power for 24hrs understand GOK in and out...have parallel intelligence and knows the end game . Only fools like Raila or MaDVD or Kalonzo are taken to cleaners without them even knowing.

If there is any fight against corruption Matiangi who was fingured by EACC in Ruaraka land would be in hot soup. When EACC took the file the DPP - it was returned severally - they gave up.

Anyway this is politics.
It is politics and fools like Murkomen are busy accepting the guilty role in public and here you are telling us that we should think this is a clever thing to do.
So kindly stop adivising those of us in Jubilee-Ruto camp how to do our politics. Raila and ODM REALLY TRULLY NEED you well argued points - and they may one day get power - and you'll not be this EMBITTERED.
LOL, who is embittered? Slow down on your muratina. Murkomen is being an idiot. I will say that everywhere to my heart's satisfaction because it's simply true. Thinking you can control what I say or not say here is your usual primitive reactions when you've ran out of points. Murkomen in that video is a bonafide fool, and if that hurts to read you can simply ignore my posts too because I won't tailor my posting to your liking. :)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2019, 11:58:02 AM »
Naturally Pundit has the penchant to silence Ruto critics. His boy's goose is cooked.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2019, 12:10:02 PM »
You don't decide who wins the narratives. RVs are fighting back against OP induced DCI fake fight against graft and they are doing a great job. Let EACC fight graft without it being directed by OP. They are independent, enjoy security of tenure and are mandated to fight corruption.

This is politics. I want Murkomen to go beyond rallies and summon Kinoti to senate and parliament to explain who is directing this fight.

Who decide in a country where everyone is corrupt to go for XYZ.

LOL, who is embittered? Slow down on your muratina. Murkomen is being an idiot. I will say that everywhere to my heart's satisfaction because it's simply true. Thinking you can control what I say or not say here is your usual primitive reactions when you've ran out of points. Murkomen in that video is a bonafide fool, and if that hurts to read you can simply ignore my posts too because I won't tailor my posting to your liking. :)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2019, 12:12:36 PM »
I don't silence anyone - I just try to remind them to go slow on their hypocrisy and double standards - you see most ODMers are naturally like that - always taking the higher road - when everyone knows Raila is deeply corrupt man who has made billions from public services like any politician.

As for my man Ruto - I think we know who will blink first - Uhuru. We will see who will call for a truce. If not he can forget about any legacy. There will be full scale chaos everywhere...he won't be able to govern.

Naturally Pundit has the penchant to silence Ruto critics. His boy's goose is cooked.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »
You don't decide who wins the narratives. RVs are fighting back against OP induced DCI fake fight against graft and they are doing a great job. Let EACC fight graft without it being directed by OP. They are independent, enjoy security of tenure and are mandated to fight corruption.

This is politics. I want Murkomen to go beyond rallies and summon Kinoti to senate and parliament to explain who is directing this fight.

Who decide in a country where everyone is corrupt to go for XYZ.

Everyone knows this fight is fake and I haven't decided "who wins the narrative", what a strange thing to say. Murkomen is on stage playing the role of grandfather of corruption which is what their enemies have been painting them as. That's silly however you spin it. By the way, what you suggest: questioning the people directing this fight, is a far better strategy than that Murkomen diatribe. Funnily, it is precisely what I suggested is the only clever way to counter the fight-against-corruption: paint it at an attempt at skapegoating while protecting the biggest scammers, so go figure.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2019, 12:25:56 PM »
Pundit - since beating ICC is the new yardstick for smart, can we assign Uhuru double points? Ruto is mere VP while he is PORK  :) There is nothing big about getting your own tribe's backing. Even clueless Madvd got 90% Maragoli. The real game is battle for swing tribes - Raila has better experience in this than Ruto. Te battle for GEMA comes down to who is endorsed by Uhuru.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2019, 12:27:12 PM »
I don't silence anyone - I just try to remind them to go slow on their hypocrisy and double standards - you see most ODMers are naturally like that - always taking the higher road - when everyone knows Raila is deeply corrupt man who has made billions from public services like any politician.

As for my man Ruto - I think we know who will blink first - Uhuru. We will see who will call for a truce. If not he can forget about any legacy. There will be full scale chaos everywhere...he won't be able to govern.

You just feel pain that someone dared suggest Murkomen was being an idiot. No one here has even taken the higher road on this Uhuru fight, we've always known RV's are being cooked by their former GEMA spouses which you've denied from the beginning.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2019, 12:28:20 PM »
Leave our loot alone or else... it so easy to beat Ruto in GEMA - just play the Kiambaa video of torchings and beheadings and he is toast. The ground is being softened as we speak.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2019, 12:53:24 PM »
That is fine. I think they are two points 1) Corruption fight the way it been fought has the ability to grind gov operation to a halt - murkomen point is valid and 2) the obvious witchhunt driven fight against graft from DCI - when we have EACC mandated to fight that job. DCI should go back to dealing with homicide.
Everyone knows this fight is fake and I haven't decided "who wins the narrative", what a strange thing to say. Murkomen is on stage playing the role of grandfather of corruption which is what their enemies have been painting them as. That's silly however you spin it. By the way, what you suggest: questioning the people directing this fight, is a far better strategy than that Murkomen diatribe. Funnily, it is precisely what I suggested is the only clever way to counter the fight-against-corruption: paint it at an attempt at skapegoating while protecting the biggest scammers, so go figure.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2019, 12:55:05 PM »
Of course. But to what end. You don't like Ruto - you gotta kiss Raila. That is GEMA dillema. And then you diss Kalenjin you endanger 1m Kikuyus who are living peaceful amongst them. You're talking Kiambaa of Raila  2007 and creating Kiambaa of Ruto 2022.

Leave our loot alone or else... it so easy to beat Ruto in GEMA - just play the Kiambaa video of torchings and beheadings and he is toast. The ground is being softened as we speak.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2019, 01:51:13 PM »
What does PEV  II do for Ruto except automatically alienate diaspora - Gema, Gusii, Luhya? 3 birds one stone - threatening violence is the easiest own goal possible. The anti-Ruto scheme not random but well chereographed. Uhuru-Raila have laid landmines for Ruto.

1) Graft - he can turn the other cheek and the kitty suffers; he fights back he loses non-Kalenjin especially Gema
2) Referendum - he opposes Uhuru and "inclusion" and loses non-Kalenjin including Gema; he support it and Uhuru goes for PM - with Raila for ceremonial PORK.

In short I don't see how Ruto bags GEMA .. he shoud just focus on MATUSA and Mijikenda and forming another party.

Of course. But to what end. You don't like Ruto - you gotta kiss Raila. That is GEMA dillema. And then you diss Kalenjin you endanger 1m Kikuyus who are living peaceful amongst them. You're talking Kiambaa of Raila  2007 and creating Kiambaa of Ruto 2022.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2019, 02:11:31 PM »
Legacy.. this is a new mono-horned animal. Does it produce milk? Mbeca. You are wrong to think Uhuru really cares about legacy or a few dead GEMA. Uhuru is not scared of Ruto.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2019, 02:36:46 PM »
I think such PEV would happen post-election; not pre-election; if GEMA were to refuse to back Ruto.That is just the reality of our tribal politics. As for politics - Uhuru has to make a choice - continue to trust Ruto - or trust Raila. At end of the day that is what it boils down to...otherwise people can change positions anyday. If he goes for PMship...what gurantees will he get that he will be appointed - to executive position after serving 10yrs as PORK.

Anyway I think unless Uhuru goes mad he won't be trust Raila anytime soon.

What does PEV  II do for Ruto except automatically alienate diaspora - Gema, Gusii, Luhya? 3 birds one stone - threatening violence is the easiest own goal possible. The anti-Ruto scheme not random but well chereographed. Uhuru-Raila have laid landmines for Ruto.

1) Graft - he can turn the other cheek and the kitty suffers; he fights back he loses non-Kalenjin especially Gema
2) Referendum - he opposes Uhuru and "inclusion" and loses non-Kalenjin including Gema; he support it and Uhuru goes for PM - with Raila for ceremonial PORK.

In short I don't see how Ruto bags GEMA .. he shoud just focus on MATUSA and Mijikenda and forming another party.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2019, 02:39:01 PM »
Uhuru has all the money in the world. Maybe he enjoys the political power but I doubt he is motivated by making money. It doesn't change nothing for him - Mama Ngina and his father already stole more than enough for many kenyatta generations.

And clearly if you think presidential term limits are easy to go around ; then you got a lot of thinking to do. Uhuru if he was as political adept as Ruto would attempt to pull that through....but i don't see how kenyans will 1) accept parliamentary system of gov 2) allow the removal of term limits in any form.

Legacy.. this is a new mono-horned animal. Does it produce milk? Mbeca. You are wrong to think Uhuru really cares about legacy or a few dead GEMA. Uhuru is not scared of Ruto.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2019, 03:00:55 PM »
PEV is not spontaneous but must be instigated by clear incitement - madoadoa, etc - this is a poisoned chalice. All big 3 diaspora tribes fear Kalenjin and Ruto needs them.

PM again is not just "appointed" - he is leader of biggest party/coalition - so you know in advance who will be PM. They would form a new "coalition" - party in reality - with Uhuru as party leader and Raila as PORK candidate. You have to entertain the possibility of a Uhuru-Raila camp v Ruto-Oparanya or such.. or you can bury head in the sand and claim Uhuru will be Ruto campaign manager yet he is raining blows on the guy.

I think such PEV would happen post-election; not pre-election; if GEMA were to refuse to back Ruto.That is just the reality of our tribal politics. As for politics - Uhuru has to make a choice - continue to trust Ruto - or trust Raila. At end of the day that is what it boils down to...otherwise people can change positions anyday. If he goes for PMship...what gurantees will he get that he will be appointed - to executive position after serving 10yrs as PORK.

Anyway I think unless Uhuru goes mad he won't be trust Raila anytime soon.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2019, 03:10:37 PM »
I have to agree with kadame on this one. Sudi approach was the best way for Ruto team to fight back. Murkomen seem lost, looks like DCI has a file on him on this dam issue. This whole dam issue looks like a big setup that kalenjin politicians walked into in reckless abandon.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2019, 03:11:12 PM »
Try Watching again - and try remove you ODM blinkers this time again.

I think he makes a valid point - the fight against corruption - should be an ongoing fight  - best done without the drama - otherwise what you end is another Magufulixation of kenya - where nothing get done because of fear of DCI.

Magufuli was "great" but looks at the damage he is doing to Tanzania - where a climate of fear and intimidation has be cultivated - nothing is getting done unless Magufuli makes it happen.

Look at mess at Kamworor & Aror dam - DCI swoops in with little evidence and little information about international contracts - and have to summon Treasury CS for 4 days - mostly for them to taught international contracting.

What is well known is that moment something get smeared with corruption - its the very END of the project. New guys who come in won't touch it with ten-foot pole. That dam in Elgeyo Marakwet & Baringo will not be built this century.

Haven't watched the whole thing but Murkomen is actually on a podium arguing that corruption shouldn't be fought? :D That we can't fight corruption from January to December, we can't keep threatening to jail people for corruption, and that not giving corruption a free pass is hurting farmers? LOLOLOLOL!!!! Idiocy on steroids.

Of all the ways you could attack this, how do you pick such a losing proposition? Does he think there are Kenyans who like or are tolerant of corruption, for real? What a genuine fool. You can even hear the crowds of supporters there unable to cheer this entitled rant. Why not claim it's witch-hunting or framing based on ukabila or a facade meant o protect some and point to the big fish that are being let off the hook or something like that? How do you just boldly get on a podium in front of cameras and proclaim that we shouldn't fight corruption?

I hereby award Murkomen this year's award for most foolish argument ever in political history. Truly amazing.

He's basically confessing to corruption and making Uhuru's fight seem more legitimate with those little insider anecdotes he's sharing about how govt officers are getting stern warnings of prison about buying through corruption. What demon lied to this politician that this will make Kenyans support Uhuru's fight less? No, genius. Kenyans will support him less when you share how he's all talk and no action: when you say that he's screaming fight-against-corruption outside while in govt it's business as usual. Telling people that govt folks are being threatened daily about corruption makes Uhuru more legitimate in ordinary people's eyes. They'll now think, "Uhuru ako serious! Hana mchezo roundi hii!" Murkomen is a giant fool.

Yep.  That was quite a mouthful.  Let corruption flourish because that way wananchi are served.  They are also terrified baba is breaking up the party(another way of saying they still think their deal with kamwana is not undone).

My main takeway from this circus?  That now they want DCI to stop doing the work of EACC.  That he should go after small time pickpockets and drug dealers but not touch the weapons grade economic criminals.  Because that is what EACC does  :D.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman