Author Topic: uhuru has reactivated mau evictions  (Read 8299 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: uhuru has reactivated mau evictions
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
GEMA don't need a candidate in 2022 - that's a tall order after 35 years with present 20. Kalenjin at least have 20 year break since Moi. What they need is to scuttle non-GEMA play by Ruto by supporting Raila, Madvd, Joho, etc. That way Ruto needs them like they needed him in 2012.

2012 Ruto had his own party URP while Uhuru had GEMA. Uhuru should deny Ruto control of Jubilee and non-GEMA dominance. He has a full toolkit to do this with PORK and Raila. That way Ruto will be forced to deal a proper 50-50 likely with a puppet DPORK. Allowing Ruto full power now like you dream - and waiting to be Supreme Leader :) -  is laughable stupidity. To quote you & Fred Douglas, power concedes nothing without a demand...

I think Uhuru is playing his cards well. Once the scramble is over, there'll be hugs & smiles at Jevanjee or KICC as Ruto's new party signs MOU with Jubilee :)... until 2028 when he throw them out in final term.

That can only work if Uhuru is planting to front a gema candidate -in which case the non-gema will easily rally around Ruto given Raila is really past his sell-by-date and has basically like GEMA betrayed everyone. Ruto squaring with Gema candidate would be easy stuff for Ruto.

So the way I see contrary to what you say - GEMA find themselves in unviable position if they are not ready for 2022 - Uhuru has term limit to contend with and there is no GEMA heir apparent who can be sold in 2022 - they were all destroyed in last election.

Do you get Peter Kenneth from the dustbin and try to make him win PORK against machine like Ruto & Raila? Will a new Kikuyu upstart even manage to unite GEMA - or RV Kikuyu diaspora-for own safety & Meru-Embu wing will go rogue & honour Ruto 2022 deal?

Uhuru and GEMA's play is to ensure a split of power in non-GEMA with no clear supremo. Hence the Handshake and supporting Raila. It's a good calculation than naively supporting Ruto - that would be very foolish.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2018, 02:25:20 PM »
Sound complicated. Go slow on Uhuru. He is no musk. I think at end of the day the best deal for Uhuru is to remain Jubilee party leader than trying make Jubilee gema or kikuyu only party by splintering it. It would make sense to allow Ruto to bring on board even more tribes to Jubilee and be the supreme leader. At this point - Uhuru has done it all - he just need something to keep him busy and occuppied - something like "Obama foundation". I believe Ruto will be committed to 50-50 deal. Ruto is very reasonable and knows with GEMA behind him - he'll be able to transform Kenya - rather than fight. And GEMA DPORK will get a thro ball in 2033.
GEMA don't need a candidate in 2022 - that's a tall order after 35 years with present 20. Kalenjin at least have 20 year break since Moi. What they need is to scuttle non-GEMA play by Ruto by supporting Raila, Madvd, Joho, etc. That way Ruto needs them like they needed him in 2012.

2012 Ruto had his own party URP while Uhuru had GEMA. Uhuru should deny Ruto control of Jubilee and non-GEMA dominance. He has a full toolkit to do this with PORK and Raila. That way Ruto will be forced to deal a proper 50-50 likely with a puppet DPORK. Allowing Ruto full power now like you dream - and waiting to be Supreme Leader :) -  is laughable stupidity. To quote you & Fred Douglas, power concedes nothing without a demand...

I think Uhuru is playing his cards well. Once the scramble is over, there'll be hugs & smiles at Jevanjee or KICC as Ruto's new party signs MOU with Jubilee :)... until 2028 when he throw them out in final term.

That can only work if Uhuru is planting to front a gema candidate -in which case the non-gema will easily rally around Ruto given Raila is really past his sell-by-date and has basically like GEMA betrayed everyone. Ruto squaring with Gema candidate would be easy stuff for Ruto.

So the way I see contrary to what you say - GEMA find themselves in unviable position if they are not ready for 2022 - Uhuru has term limit to contend with and there is no GEMA heir apparent who can be sold in 2022 - they were all destroyed in last election.

Do you get Peter Kenneth from the dustbin and try to make him win PORK against machine like Ruto & Raila? Will a new Kikuyu upstart even manage to unite GEMA - or RV Kikuyu diaspora-for own safety & Meru-Embu wing will go rogue & honour Ruto 2022 deal?

Uhuru and GEMA's play is to ensure a split of power in non-GEMA with no clear supremo. Hence the Handshake and supporting Raila. It's a good calculation than naively supporting Ruto - that would be very foolish.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2018, 02:28:29 PM »
Luto in 2014/5, barely two years after Jubilee used Mau as a strategy for 2013 elections. Hawana haya!

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2018, 02:40:21 PM »
It beats me for anyone to seriously think that the DP is popular outside kalenjin Rift Valley. Some kyuks in central think he will protect Uhuru after he leaves office, how come Uhuru himself does not think he needs him? The Nyeri town MP Ngunjiri Wambugu who was an avid blogger on Mashada and Jukwa has scoffed.
Rightly so-  If DP is so popular in the coast how come Jubilee won almost nothing at coast both in 2013 and 2017? Gov Joho this week already told him to stopwasting his time in pwani. Those like Aisha Jumwa are only after the gravey train.
Sound complicated. Go slow on Uhuru. He is no musk. I think at end of the day the best deal for Uhuru is to remain Jubilee party leader than trying make Jubilee gema or kikuyu only party by splintering it. It would make sense to allow Ruto to bring on board even more tribes to Jubilee and be the supreme leader. At this point - Uhuru has done it all - he just need something to keep him busy and occuppied - something like "Obama foundation". I believe Ruto will be committed to 50-50 deal. Ruto is very reasonable and knows with GEMA behind him - he'll be able to transform Kenya - rather than fight. And GEMA DPORK will get a thro ball in 2033.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »
We agree on most things except that Ruto is "trustworthy" and "committed to 50-50" without a political necessity. That's really naive. Why didn't Ruto dissolve URP and trust GEMA in 2012? Uhuru should and will retire but continued influence depends on how much Ruto needs him. Containing Ruto by supporting Raila, etc is in GEMA's interest. That is the smart thing to do, not to trust and support Ruto blindly. That's what it's all about with corrupt Chumos and Ndubais as collateral.

♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2018, 02:56:12 PM »
Ruto has a polarizing image which he's trying to fix through harambees and maendeleo tours and playing the nice loyal deputy. Uhuru and Raila will not let him - they are baiting him to erupt and show his true colors. What matters is how many influencers - Nanoks, Wetas, Kingis - he can buy to garner regional support whereas Raila and Uhuru seek to scuttle this. That's Kenyan politics for you, not the Obamaesque popularity you seem to imply.

It beats me for anyone to seriously think that the DP is popular outside kalenjin Rift Valley. Some kyuks in central think he will protect Uhuru after he leaves office, how come Uhuru himself does not think he needs him? The Nyeri town MP Ngunjiri Wambugu who was an avid blogger on Mashada and Jukwa has scoffed.
Rightly so-  If DP is so popular in the coast how come Jubilee won almost nothing at coast both in 2013 and 2017? Gov Joho this week already told him to stopwasting his time in pwani. Those like Aisha Jumwa are only after the gravey train.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
Like I said before, Ruto is nothing without Ouru. The only thing still propping Ruto up is his money but that can only take him so far as new sources of looting are being closed.  Sooner or later he will start being careful with his money.  Ruto without money is a very polarizing figure whose appeal is confined to Kalenjin.  Even some members of the Mt. Kenya tangatanga squad who used to follow him around are now  being seen elsewhere. The Mau forest which he exploited against Raila not too long ago is not working anymore as more folks are now more educated about the science of environmental conservation. Ruto is being deflated like a big fat balloon right before our eyes. He is like a tire with a slow puncture.

We agree on most things except that Ruto is "trustworthy" and "committed to 50-50" without a political necessity. That's really naive. Why didn't Ruto dissolve URP and trust GEMA in 2012? Uhuru should and will retire but continued influence depends on how much Ruto needs him. Containing Ruto by supporting Raila, etc is in GEMA's interest. That is the smart thing to do, not to trust and support Ruto blindly. That's what it's all about with corrupt Chumos and Ndubais as collateral.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2018, 01:30:14 AM »
You're so wrong, Ruto is charming and adorable, Kenyans are dying to crown him. Ok, just kidding. But please be gentle with poor Ruto, remember he's someone's hero. 

Like I said before, Ruto is nothing without Ouru. The only thing still propping Ruto up is his money but that can only take him so far as new sources of looting are being closed.  Sooner or later he will start being careful with his money.  Ruto without money is a very polarizing figure whose appeal is confined to Kalenjin.  Even some members of the Mt. Kenya tangatanga squad who used to follow him around are now  being seen elsewhere. The Mau forest which he exploited against Raila not too long ago is not working anymore as more folks are now more educated about the science of environmental conservation. Ruto is being deflated like a big fat balloon right before our eyes. He is like a tire with a slow puncture.

Offline Ole

• Regular
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2018, 08:25:22 AM »
I think Ruto is smart and a hardworking politician but the problem is that he has opened too many battle fronts so early and quickly as if the election is being held tomorrow. Now with the current war with the kikuyu and maasai he is losing a lot of ground. Ruto needs to take thr advise that mutahi ngunyi gave him to take an hiatus from the tangatanga activities, lower the temperatures and let uhuru push the big four for a while.  If he continues like this i think fatigue about him will start setting in countrywide. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
Maasai (Narok) are just being dishonest. The Mau that kipsigis settled in Narok was sold to them by Maasais. Moi never allocated any Kipsigis Maasai Mau. Only Moi Kiptangich sit on Narok but rest of Mau that gov excissed was in Nakuru district.  Now Maasai's Narok county decided one day to kill their forest and share it amongst the group ranches & individual. Those individuals have over 30 yrs proceeded to sell it to Kipsigis....

Maasai have destroyed their forest. Bomet part of Mau is intact - I live 200 meters from Mau and ours remain virgin - with people jealously protecting it. Kericho part of Mau is intact. Nandi, Baringo and name them part of Mau is intact. Nakuru part of Mau was last excised 30yrs ago to settle mainly ogiek.And while destroying Mau Maasai forest (trustland), Maasai have also destroyed their political future. Maasai can hoot and puff but at end of the day - they'll need kipsigis votes to win in Narok and therefore any anti-kipsigisi politician in Narok cannot go far.

The remaining part of Maasai Mau only exist because Maasai who have already been allocated those forest I have yet to decide to sell to Kipsigis. That forest need to be reverted to national gov like the rest of Mau - otherwise Mau Narok forest will be completely destroyed by Maasais...all the way from sogoo to olmekenyu to siera leone to deep in Narok North...Narok county have excised it and shared it amongst themselves.

After the kipsigis move in to those private land that appear as forest, proceed to cut trees, and settle down - Maasai who sold the forest start crying crocodile tears - and want people evicted without compensation.

I think Ruto is smart and a hardworking politician but the problem is that he has opened too many battle fronts so early and quickly as if the election is being held tomorrow. Now with the current war with the kikuyu and maasai he is losing a lot of ground. Ruto needs to take thr advise that mutahi ngunyi gave him to take an hiatus from the tangatanga activities, lower the temperatures and let uhuru push the big four for a while.  If he continues like this i think fatigue about him will start setting in countrywide. 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2018, 09:35:11 AM »
How's Ruto's record of honesty on Mau?

Maasai (Narok) are just being dishonest. The Mau that kipsigis settled in Narok was sold to them by Maasais. Moi never allocated any Kipsigis Maasai Mau. Only Moi Kiptangich sit on Narok but rest of Mau that gov excissed was in Nakuru district.  Now Maasai's Narok county decided one day to kill their forest and share it amongst the group ranches & individual. Those individuals have over 30 yrs proceeded to sell it to Kipsigis....

Maasai have destroyed their forest. Bomet part of Mau is intact - I live 200 meters from Mau and ours remain virgin - with people jealously protecting it. Kericho part of Mau is intact. Nandi, Baringo and name them part of Mau is intact. Nakuru part of Mau was last excised 30yrs ago to settle mainly ogiek.And while destroying Mau Maasai forest (trustland), Maasai have also destroyed their political future. Maasai can hoot and puff but at end of the day - they'll need kipsigis votes to win in Narok and therefore any anti-kipsigisi politician in Narok cannot go far.

The remaining part of Maasai Mau only exist because Maasai who have already been allocated those forest I have yet to decide to sell to Kipsigis. That forest need to be reverted to national gov like the rest of Mau - otherwise Mau Narok forest will be completely destroyed by Maasais...all the way from sogoo to olmekenyu to siera leone to deep in Narok North...Narok county have excised it and shared it amongst themselves.

After the kipsigis move in to those private land that appear as forest, proceed to cut trees, and settle down - Maasai who sold the forest start crying crocodile tears - and want people evicted without compensation.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2018, 11:50:18 AM »
Ruto was on course to solving this mau issue before the current mess. You see what Jubilee did btw 2013-2017 and then we can discuss. First Jubilee did away with all MAU IDPS in record time. We just created new ones. Ruto did this by giving each of them 400K - there was a camp near our home - and it disappeared. Then Ruto embarked on establishing a cut line and planting tea. One of my neighbour is manager of that project..and it was going well....that tea zone would finally end the debate of where the forest is and where it isn't. The current problem is on Maasai Mau forest - which is trustland under Narok County. They've made a mess out of this.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2018, 12:48:47 PM »
Those are lovely details. But he used lies bout Mau to malign Raila pre-2012. He's getting a test of his own medicine. With Mau he can forget Maa vote.

Ruto was on course to solving this mau issue before the current mess. You see what Jubilee did btw 2013-2017 and then we can discuss. First Jubilee did away with all MAU IDPS in record time. We just created new ones. Ruto did this by giving each of them 400K - there was a camp near our home - and it disappeared. Then Ruto embarked on establishing a cut line and planting tea. One of my neighbour is manager of that project..and it was going well....that tea zone would finally end the debate of where the forest is and where it isn't. The current problem is on Maasai Mau forest - which is trustland under Narok County. They've made a mess out of this.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »
There was no lies used against Raila. Raila made a huge mess out of MAU and created so many IDPs that Jubilee had to deal with. Ruto I think has chosen to remain silent because of maa vote - I don't see any big threat there - it just two lonely ODM Kenta & Ole Kina trying to milk this.

The current issues

The current issues was created by Maasai. Maasai allocated themselves Maasai Mau -and over the years have sold those forest to Kipsigis - who proceeded to cut trees. The people are being evicted from land they bought from Maasai Ranches.

Those are lovely details. But he used lies bout Mau to malign Raila pre-2012. He's getting a test of his own medicine. With Mau he can forget Maa vote.

Online hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »
Sammy mwaita former Mp of baringo isn't one of the people who allocated themselves forest land  then sold it after ole ntutu commission established the forest line? Just asking don't know the  mau history.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2018, 04:35:58 PM »
There are two Mau. There is Mau that is under national gov (KFS). And there is Mau that has always been under Narok County Council & now Narok County Gov

KFS MAU - was excised severally and the likes of Mwaita got land there. My land in Mau was part of this Mau. To exercise National Forest there are procedures that includes gazetting it. The last excision was 2001 under Mwaita. It never happen again because of hue & cry.

Now Narok's Mau otherwise called Maasai Mau is like Maasai Mara a trustland that was managed by Narok County. To exercise a trustland forest under country gov you just require councillors to sit down and pass a resolution. Here is where Mau is getting finished without any noise. Maasai councilors sit and dice the forest. They then wait for sometime & flip it to kipsigis - group ranches of many acres - are sold for a few millions - and when Kipsigis descent on the forest and clear the land - then it hit them what disaster they've unleashed.

Narok councillors have been dishing out Mau forest since 1970s. Ntimama (long serving Narok Council Chairman) gave Moi 5,000 hectares in 1974 when Moi was mere VP. They gave PC Cheluget a whopping 13,000 hectares. Moi cleared the trees and planted tea. Cheluget was too lazy and nearly lost his land to squattors - I have heard he got it back recently and sold it to William Ruto - who has acquired many lands in Narok including Transmara with help of Tunai.

Of course the Maasai councillors and big men sliced and diced the forest amongst themselves. Ntutus, name them, either own it or had group ranches owning the forest. These excissed land complete with brand new titles were then sold to Kipsigis cheaply - anything from 10K an acre to now around 70k an acre. I have bought my Mau(Nakuru) land from anything 30k to 50k an acre - this is by basically tracing Moi era civil servants who got land but have no idea where the land is :).

Unless Maasai Mau is reverted is audited and reverted back to KFS - there is nothing to save there. It very likely Maasais have sold everything. The owners are just waiting for opportune time to clear the forest.

Gov Chepkwony has gone to court to try and save poor Kipsigis who bought maasai group ranches - the people who were kicked out yesterday have title-deed - given from them in Narok.
He claimed that the government is illegally evicting private owners of individual property comprising Reiyo, Enakishomi, Sisiyan, Enoosokon and Nkaroni group ranches.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Mau-evictions--Governor-goes-to-court/1056-4680746-af2fi9z/index.html

After Maasai are done selling mau forest - and kipsigis move en-masse - they start panicking and start trying to claim the remaining uncleared forest is forest :). It not a forest. It private land just waiting to be cleared. Classic maasai dishonesty where they lease your land and come around to graze their cattle on them.

Sammy mwaita former Mp of baringo isn't one of the people who allocated themselves forest land  then sold it after ole ntutu commission established the forest line? Just asking don't know the  mau history.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2018, 08:18:33 PM »
Is it true smart alec Ruto has kunjad mkia over Mau... and sent Murkomen to surrender his poorly thought out tantrums and ultimata. Classic egg in the face :) UhuRao should not be fooled by the tactical retreat and should finish him off.

Meantime

Court declines to stop evictions in Maasai Mau forest
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/Maasai-Mau-evictions-to-go-on---court-rules/1950946-4680856-i9m4uh/index.html

Building Bridges team starts work on forming 'new Kenya'
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/Building-Bridges-team-starts-work-on-forming--new-Kenya-/1950946-4681024-15cj8g5z/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2018, 11:27:02 AM »
Desperate Ruto now claims there's a 'secretariat' well equipped to clip his wings. I think he's right  :) kijana amechorewa. This as Uhuru met the Mois for a catch-up on finishing Ruto... rubbing it in after the Ruto visit embarrassment. Uhuru obviously cares only about Moi's not Ruto's debt. He owes Ruto nothing after paying him in cash and nusu PORK.

Talk of State House team to fight William Ruto could be last straw for Jubilee
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/State-House-team-fight-William-Ruto-last-straw-for-Jubilee/3126390-4686382-7c358xz/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2018, 11:31:06 AM »
Meantime Kalonzo still hoping to pita katikati... back to Uhuru just days after warming up to Ruto.

Wiper commits to work with Jubilee in spirit of handshake
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Wiper-commits-to-work-with-Jubilee-in-spirit-of-handshake/1064-4686614-6pg1g9/index.html

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2018, 05:47:06 PM »
Desperate Ruto now claims there's a 'secretariat' well equipped to clip his wings. I think he's right  :) kijana amechorewa. This as Uhuru met the Mois for a catch-up on finishing Ruto... rubbing it in after the Ruto visit embarrassment. Uhuru obviously cares only about Moi's not Ruto's debt. He owes Ruto nothing after paying him in cash and nusu PORK.

Talk of State House team to fight William Ruto could be last straw for Jubilee
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/State-House-team-fight-William-Ruto-last-straw-for-Jubilee/3126390-4686382-7c358xz/index.html

But Giddy has no tegree.  Does he get one from Kabarak Uni for purposes of running?  Or is that going to be one of the fixes(overdue IMO) to the constitution?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman