Author Topic: Poor Mutunga  (Read 5526 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Poor Mutunga
« on: September 26, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »
Makes a dreadful reading (even with the multiple errors and confusion by the journalist).

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/lifestyle/article/2000136225/mutunga-defies-court-after-messy-divorce

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Poor Mutunga
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:42:41 PM »
Omorlo,
ALL the negroes I know in the US dread marrying AA negroes. I think melanin is not a symptom of common descent
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:51:38 PM »
Is she Akata? I had no idea. I thought she is white. No reason really.... just imagined perhaps because of the reasons you cited.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 04:11:43 PM »
Woman from hell.

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
Mutunga should know better. Settle this ASAP. It has nothing to do with an African American lady. It is about being honor bound.
Malaki 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought on his name."

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 04:21:45 PM »
woman from hell indeed.  I cringe when people refer to AA as akata. Its worse than any other corruption of negro.  I prefer to treat human beings individually.  There are Kenyan women and men who can just be as bad.

Is she Akata? I had no idea. I thought she is white. No reason really.... just imagined perhaps because of the reasons you cited.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 04:22:42 PM »
She is Negro as they come, worst case scenario is Afro-Carribean

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 04:25:50 PM »
woman from hell indeed.  I cringe when people refer to AA as akata. Its worse than any other corruption of negro.  I prefer to treat human beings individually.  There are Kenyan women and men who can just be as bad.

KM

I don't really know the etymology of the reference. I hope it is not derogatory. I will eschew its use until I know enough to confidently place it. Thanks

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 04:27:36 PM »
Modern Usage[edit]
It is unclear how the word became associated with black Americans. One speculation is that the first w.ave of Nigerian students in 1960s and 1970s United States, upon interacting with the Black Panther movement, referred to group members as akata, with the term eventually becoming shorthand for all African Americans.

Because of perceived tension between African immigrants and black Americans, the word is also perceived to be pejorative. The word was erroneously translated as "cotton picker" in the 1994 film Sugar Hill. Some have even likened the word to the racist insult Nigger, despite akata's very mundane origins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akata

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »
Divorces are always ugly. You can never tell who is being truthful because all these intrigues were happening between lovers in their own secrecy. The woman does seem a bit on the wild side, though. Those ones who will engage in a fight on the streets with another woman over the man. avoid at all costs.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 04:39:25 PM »
Modern Usage[edit]
It is unclear how the word became associated with black Americans. One speculation is that the first w.ave of Nigerian students in 1960s and 1970s United States, upon interacting with the Black Panther movement, referred to group members as akata, with the term eventually becoming shorthand for all African Americans.

Because of perceived tension between African immigrants and black Americans, the word is also perceived to be pejorative. The word was erroneously translated as "cotton picker" in the 1994 film Sugar Hill. Some have even likened the word to the racist insult Nigger, despite akata's very mundane origins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akata
I read an article by a Yoruba who says that it only means those who don't live at home. Since AA are considered African still by these Nigerians, they are called Akata because they don't live on the continent. That's just one explanation though.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline TheDayTheDollarDies

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 04:40:27 PM »
This is madness. The law should be changed. Why should a grown up woman demand maintenance? The maximum amount that a spouse should be given should be the minimum wage. Anything else is pure madness.

Robina

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 10:07:59 PM »
The new marriage and divorce laws don't allow this nonsense. There was a puzzled African lady recently when the magistrate suggested she should pay her aging white ex's upkeep and not the other way around. Mutunga should appeal with the current law. This young energetic prof should pay him upkeep.

I don't feel gor Mutunga, I always see him as the vasanova type, cunning and playing victim.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 11:16:50 PM »
Hahahah at "she had not found a job she liked" how nice.....if everyone waited for a job they liked, we would have a lot of jobless people around. I dont feel sorry for Mutungarooo......you make your bed, you lay in it.....didnt his house cost us tax payers about KSH 300 Million?
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi