Author Topic: Are ISIS a bunch of psychopaths masquerading as jihadists?  (Read 12513 times)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Are ISIS a bunch of psychopaths masquerading as jihadists?
« on: September 26, 2014, 12:00:05 PM »
Just wondering. I have heard even Al-Qaeda distanced themselves from this group calling them extremist!! :o

Stuff they have done so far;

-Beheading children as young as 4 years old;
-Cutting children in half;
-Burying entire families alive, including women and children;
-Crucifying teenagers;

They actually make Bin Laden seem civil! :o 

Methinks this group attracts the types of characters who would otherwise be serial killers and such, giving them free reign to actualize their most sadistic desires. I confess, I've never seen the notion of burying humans alive nowhere, even in fiction--yaani directly in the soil, not even in a coffin-- Not even in a Hollywood horror flick, have I seen that. Perhaps I have not seen enough movies. This story from April...
'They put women and children under the ground. They were alive. I still hear their screams. They were trying to keep their heads up to keep breathing,' said car repairman Dawud Hassan, 26.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729130/They-started-people-holes-people-alive-Yazidi-survivors-horror-story-reveals-ISIS-threw-screaming-women-children-mass-graves.html#ixzz3EPVW4Jnu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Lord have Mercy! It's like having the worst elements of Mungiki take over the country. Can you imagine the horror? :(
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Are ISIS a bunch of psychopaths masquerading as jihadists?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 12:50:56 PM »
I can't speak for them buy you saw RVs cremating negroes in a church and Okoyus copying them this time in a house in Naivasha
It don't take much to turn intelligent primates into the worst you can imagine
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 12:53:51 PM »
They are not mad. That is their weapon...they want to strike fear by performing the most gruesome of acts.

And their success running over huge territories without much weapons and money is testament that their strategy is working.You can bet people 100kms from where ISIS are coming from flee in different direction.

That is what US did with nuclear bomb. This is what armies or opposing groups do...strike fear on the enemy.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »
Wake up guys. I am not one to peddle conspiracy theories but have a look at this:

1979 - Iran Overthrows Shah. Suddenly an Islamic state within inches of an atomic bomb and armed to the teeth by the US
1979 - Iraq attacks - Supported by US allies in the Middle East and granted access to US satellite pictures of Iranian forces' movements
1988 - Ceasefire - Iran willing to forgo claimed territories in exchange for peace. Khomeini acknowledges the strength and determination of The Devil (Saddam Hussein).
88 - 90 - Peace where the two former foes and both declared enemies of Israel make great economic recovery. But the reconstruction funds promised by Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and other countries Saddam knew he was fighting Iran on their behalf fail to materialize. US aid fails too; Saddam is engineered in to war again after a two year hiatus
1990 - Not to have two fronts, Saddam cedes all his "gains" in the 8 year old war back to Iran and cuts a peace deal as he heads to Kuwait and hopes to intimidate Saudi Arabia in to paying
1991 - First Gulf War
1992 - 2002 - Containment Policy with inhuman sanctions against Iraq; No fly zones and permanent aerial bombing of non military targets. It reaches a point where there is a fear of mass starvation and some US allies begin to openly break the sanctions. a mislabeled "Oil for Food program" where Western Countries sell Iraqi oil and pay themselves reparations (96%) and use under 4% of the proceeds to buy food from their own farmers to feed iraqis cannot go on as every white person who ever stepped in Iraq has been paid "compensation" and every bullet used has been replaced several times over! In all likelihood and honesty, sanctions should now be lifted and Iraq set free. Not so fast!

2003 - after a systematic propaganda campaign with the help of the so called Weapons inspectors (CIA operatives led by washed up frustrated individuals - two from Sweden and one from Australia) Bush goes to war again

2004 - 2013 - Occupation (Political scientists agree that occupation can be likened to having a passenger on a boat who drills a hole in the boat's hull and proceeds to "help" throw out the water as it gathers.

If you examine this, you will see a ten year cycle.

The idea is to protect Israel. If it is not the ISIL it will be something else. But Iraq cannot be allowed to be stable. You would be having Iran (shia) and Iraq (Shia)

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
I can't speak for them buy you saw RVs cremating negroes in a church and Okoyus copying them this time in a house in Naivasha
It don't take much to turn intelligent primates into the worst you can imagine
I think even in the PEV those were psychopaths. There are people who just wait for the opportunity to practice sadism with impunity. Since the society will kill them otherwise, they wait for those opportunities where a convenient scape-goat has been identified. That way, they know no one will come after them. The scape-goat may be a group, a person, a criminal...You see it in Kenyan mob-justice all the time. There are people who will abandon their business just for the opportunity to murder a suspected thief. I honestly think these are psychopaths. If a brain scan was performed, I bet they'd be found to have that signature brain defect of psychopaths, their brains are inactive in the area that shows empathy.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 02:07:37 PM »
To better understand the neurological basis of empathy dysfunction in psychopaths, neuroscientists used functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) on the brains of 121 inmates of a medium-security prison in the USA.

Participants were shown visual scenarios illustrating physical pain, such as a finger caught between a door, or a toe caught under a heavy object. They were by turns invited to imagine that this accident happened to themselves, or somebody else. They were also shown control images that did not depict any painful situation, for example a hand on a doorknob.

Participants were assessed with the widely used PCL-R, a diagnostic tool to identify their degree of psychopathic tendencies. Based on this assessment, the participants were then divided in three groups of approximately 40 individuals each: highly, moderately, and weakly psychopathic.

When highly psychopathic participants imagined pain to themselves, they showed a typical neural response within the brain regions involved in empathy for pain, including the anterior insula, the anterior midcingulate cortex, somatosensory cortex, and the right amygdala. The increase in brain activity in these regions was unusually pronounced, suggesting that psychopathic people are sensitive to the thought of pain.

But when participants imagined pain to others, these regions failed to become active in high psychopaths. Moreover, psychopaths showed an increased response in the ventral striatum, an area known to be involved in pleasure, when imagining others in pain.

This atypical activation combined with a negative functional connectivity between the insula and the ventromedial prefrontal cortex may suggest that individuals with high scores on psychopathy actually enjoyed imagining pain inflicted on others and did not care for them. The ventromedial prefrontal cortex is a region that plays a critical role in empathetic decision-making, such as caring for the wellbeing of others.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/09/130924174331.htm?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=neurological-basis-for-lack-of-empathy-in-psychopaths

The thing with psychopathy is that it is not exactly "madness". It's just an extreme lack of empathy. These individuals are otherwise functional in other areas of their lives. There is an over-representation of psychopaths among politicians and top business executives: careers where the ability to step on other people's toes and ruthlessly go after what you want may be advantageous.

I think behind all these ruthless stuff that humans do from time to time there always lies a psychopath, especially in the leadership. ISIS seems to have more psychopaths even among their ranks and file, it seems to me. Not that they are all psychopaths but that they must have an unusual representation of them.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »
It is the law,order and probably culture that restrains us. Those fighters was as normal as you.
Then there are effects of fighting. You see death-dying men,corpses,rot, and blood all over and gradually human life is not as sacrosanct. Talk to some Garangs of their experience in Civil War right up to CPA 2005 and you will see psychoanalysis is unnecessary

I think even in the PEV those were psychopaths. There are people who just wait for the opportunity to practice sadism with impunity. Since the society will kill them otherwise, they wait for those opportunities where a convenient scape-goat has been identified. That way, they know no one will come after them. The scape-goat may be a group, a person, a criminal...You see it in Kenyan mob-justice all the time. There are people who will abandon their business just for the opportunity to murder a suspected thief. I honestly think these are psychopaths. If a brain scan was performed, I bet they'd be found to have that signature brain defect of psychopaths, their brains are inactive in the area that shows empathy.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 02:36:36 PM »
It is the law,order and probably culture that restrains us. Those fighters was as normal as you.
Then there are effects of fighting. You see death-dying men,corpses,rot, and blood all over and gradually human life is not as sacrosanct. Talk to some Garangs of their experience in Civil War right up to CPA 2005 and you will see psychoanalysis is unnecessary

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 02:41:20 PM »

I disagree. Not that I dont think we all have the capacity for inhumanity, but there is a reason why some of us end up actually behaving this way while the majority do not. Not everyone in those same circumstances goes around carrying out acts of horror. The culprits are always a minority. Why is that?

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »
They are not mad. That is their weapon...they want to strike fear by performing the most gruesome of acts.

And their success running over huge territories without much weapons and money is testament that their strategy is working.You can bet people 100kms from where ISIS are coming from flee in different direction.

That is what US did with nuclear bomb. This is what armies or opposing groups do...strike fear on the enemy.

Precisely, but they must be stopped immediately. I' am glad coalition bombs have started raining on them.

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 03:04:57 PM »
Kadame: Correct! The info I have looked at....this is a group of crazy guys. They used to operate in Algeria and other places. They are not as organized as they seem to appear. Defeating ISIS/ISISO is as easy as sending sepial ops. Al Shabaab is 100 more organized than this group. The important thing though about ISIS is who is funding them. If you cut the funing, they will die a natural death.

Just wondering. I have heard even Al-Qaeda distanced themselves from this group calling them extremist!! :o

Stuff they have done so far;

-Beheading children as young as 4 years old;
-Cutting children in half;
-Burying entire families alive, including women and children;
-Crucifying teenagers;

They actually make Bin Laden seem civil! :o 

Methinks this group attracts the types of characters who would otherwise be serial killers and such, giving them free reign to actualize their most sadistic desires. I confess, I've never seen the notion of burying humans alive nowhere, even in fiction--yaani directly in the soil, not even in a coffin-- Not even in a Hollywood horror flick, have I seen that. Perhaps I have not seen enough movies. This story from April...
'They put women and children under the ground. They were alive. I still hear their screams. They were trying to keep their heads up to keep breathing,' said car repairman Dawud Hassan, 26.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729130/They-started-people-holes-people-alive-Yazidi-survivors-horror-story-reveals-ISIS-threw-screaming-women-children-mass-graves.html#ixzz3EPVW4Jnu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Lord have Mercy! It's like having the worst elements of Mungiki take over the country. Can you imagine the horror? :(
Malaki 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought on his name."

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 03:23:20 PM »
whichever definition you adopt for psychopaths, war-zone is not the best environment to dig for these characters. Too many variables bring out the worst.

People like Onyancha here
or
Kinyua
http://mobile.nation.co.ke/News/Kenyan+cannibal+pleads+guilty+in+US+court/-/1950946/1962118/-/format/xhtml/-/p99ww3z/-/index.html
who act crazy in normal environment are real psychopaths
I disagree. Not that I dont think we all have the capacity for inhumanity, but there is a reason why some of us end up actually behaving this way while the majority do not. Not everyone in those same circumstances goes around carrying out acts of horror. The culprits are always a minority. Why is that?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 03:32:51 PM »
Me says they are normal for a war zone.  They happen to be in an era where documenting war crimes and disseminating happens at the flip of a button.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
Imagine giving a bunch of Onyanchas free reign in a war as your generals...what horrors might you see?  :o

Humans also suffer from group-think, so you have a point. They will tend to follow the crowd if the current is strong enough. But looking through those movements, you will find a psychopath in a key position, either the leader or the one who whispers in the leader's ear, a position that gives him advantages and renders him invincible as much as possible. I also think if I was a psychopath and Muslim in Iraq, and some group like ISIS came about, someone like me could easily and happily blend in and kill to my heart's relish with no one raising his brow. In the past, someone like me might even rise to the level of General or King, my ruthlessness being my guarantee to greatness. I think people like Shaka Zulu were psychopaths. Psychopaths are not your serial-killer archetype alone, their distinguishing feature is a lack of empathy and remorse. They are politicians, shrewd business men, even teachers and pastors and cult-leaders, even gold-digging killer wives/husbands! :o

vooke, you should and read this book: "The sociopath next door" You will fear everyone not you for a while, even your beloved one in your house or family or neighbour, before you settle back to normal. :D

whichever definition you adopt for psychopaths, war-zone is not the best environment to dig for these characters. Too many variables bring out the worst.

People like Onyancha
Kinyua
http://mobile.nation.co.ke/News/Kenyan+cannibal+pleads+guilty+in+US+court/-/1950946/1962118/-/format/xhtml/-/p99ww3z/-/index.html
who act crazy in normal environment are real psychopaths

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 03:50:58 PM »
kadame,
thank you, I will get me a pirated e-pub

Read this too

http://www.amazon.com/The-Lucifer-Effect-Understanding-People/dp/0812974441
I think he is more realistic in asserting that pulling a few levers can turn humans into monsters. I lean towards that as opposed to belief in latent psychopaths of varying degrees everywhere

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 04:04:44 PM »
Sawa!

Here is another one: PS- Dr. Hare, one of the authors, is the world's leading researcher/expert on psychopathy, so don't brush his thoughts aside: It's called Snakes in suits: when psychopaths go to work". I dont know if its pirated, but it's online and that's not my fault. Free pdf for you.

You see that majority psychopaths are not serial killer-Onyancha types at all, that's what's so scary.

[pdf]http://www.mtpinnacle.com/pdfs/psycophaths-at-work.pdf[/pdf]

By the way, I agree that psychopathy alone does not explain it all, yet after learning about it and how easily it goes undetected in human society, you can't help but see it as a key element wherever there is gross inhumanity or social chaos. I'm sure a good bunch of Kenya's politicians are psychopaths. :o

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Sawa!

Here is another one: PS- Dr. Hare, one of the authors, is the world's leading researcher/expert on psychopathy, so don't brush his thoughts aside: It's called Snakes in suits: when psychopaths go to work". I dont know if its pirated, but it's online and that's not my fault. Free pdf for you.

By the way, I agree that psychopathy alone does not explain it all, yet after learning about it and how easily it goes undetected in human society, you can't help but see it as a key element wherever there is gross inhumanity or social chaos. I'm sure a good bunch of Kenya's politicians are psychopaths. :o

http://pan.baidu.com/wap/shareview?&shareid=3535560617&uk=1241830975&dir=%2FBooks%2F%E9%9D%9E%E5%B0%8F%E8%AF%B4%E7%B1%BB%2F%E7%A7%91%E5%AD%A6%E7%A7%91%E6%99%AE&page=1&num=20&fsid=85555983&third=0

Jisaidie na Lucifer Effect

And let me aks, is this knowledge important for an average person? Looks like scaremongering. Next you will be profiling friends, enemies and clasifying them as psychos.
 Sio kwa ubaya :)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »
Sawa!

http://pan.baidu.com/wap/shareview?&shareid=3535560617&uk=1241830975&dir=%2FBooks%2F%E9%9D%9E%E5%B0%8F%E8%AF%B4%E7%B1%BB%2F%E7%A7%91%E5%AD%A6%E7%A7%91%E6%99%AE&page=1&num=20&fsid=85555983&third=0

Jisaidie na Lucifer Effect

And let me aks, is this knowledge important for an average person? sio kwa ubaya
LOL! Most topics on nipate are not important to your life, just interesting. :D But I think knowledge on psychopathy and Narcissistic Personality Disorder can be very important. Who knows, people like Esther may have thought a few seconds longer when they met their manipulators had they read some of the stuff out their on antisocial personalities. I just saw the stories on ISIS and my mind thought there must be many pschopaths there, that's all. Terminator thinks this is normal for a war zone, but I dont think so. Even in Syria hatujaskia hizi except from the same group.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 04:55:48 PM »
no problem, just don't go paranoid on us sniffing psychos over our preferred fonts and length of posts.
Ruud Babe looks like she took a crash course in this and is always seeing evil everywhere.....on a light note

LOL! Most topics on nipate are not important to your life, just interesting. :D But I think knowledge on psychopathy and Narcissistic Personality Disorder can be very important. Who knows, people like Esther may have thought a few seconds longer when they met their manipulators had they read some of the stuff out their on antisocial personalities. I just saw the stories on ISIS and my mind thought there must be many pschopaths there, that's all. Terminator thinks this is normal for a war zone, but I dont think so. Even in Syria hatujaskia hizi except from the same group.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 05:46:05 PM »
Kadame,

I really think ISIS is par for the course in a war zone.  There is a lot of propaganda from the west about them.  But I can assure you, the US military also do saw-off heads and worse to people in a war zone. 

If you've ever met a marine in person, it's almost a requirement to be a psychopath.  One could say the same for the other uniformed branches like the army to an extent.  But marines stand out for taking pride in being well trained killers.  The more up close and personal personal the better.

They rarely document it themselves and when they do, they are court-martialed.  That is the only difference.  I think ISIS enjoy unlimited freedom to share their exploits.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman