Author Topic: Screwball Trump tears up Iran nuclear deal  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Screwball Trump tears up Iran nuclear deal
« on: May 09, 2018, 03:08:55 PM »
It seems anything Obama did will be out by 2020. ObamaCare, Iran deal, climate accord, TPP, name it. Will Kim Jong-Un trust the US after this?

Donald Trump withdraws from Iran deal, defying allies
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/world/Trump-announces-US-withdrawal-from-Iran-nuclear-deal-/3126396-4551812-15nx9b3/index.html
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Screwball Trump tears up Iran nuclear deal
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 03:12:04 PM »
Yeppers.  If he could resurrect Osama bin Laden, he would do it in a loquacious press conference.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »
Trump wants to force another deal with Iraq so he can contrast Obama deal with his deal. I doubt the terrorists will want any deal after they dumped 97% of their nuclear stuff
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 03:58:25 PM »
Trump wants to force another deal with Iraq so he can contrast Obama deal with his deal. I doubt the terrorists will want any deal after they dumped 97% of their nuclear stuff

I don't think he has any other plan.  His impulse, egged on by Netanyahu's own hatred of Obama, told him to get rid of it and he did.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 04:37:41 PM »

I don't think he has any other plan.  His impulse, egged on by Netanyahu's own hatred of Obama, told him to get rid of it and he did.

I believe Obama and P5+1 were played by the cunning ayatollahs. On that alone Trump is right. However he is reckless, mercurial and has no better plan. Very irresponsible.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 08:10:13 PM »
The route to Nobel Peace Prize is littered with disappointment. There have been warnings about Ramadan attacks to coincide with the Jerusalem embassy move. If at all it will happen God forbid, you will see the world rally behind Trump. And you can be sure he will respond like a Republican.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 04:57:15 PM »
It seems anything Obama did will be out by 2020. ObamaCare, Iran deal, climate accord, TPP, name it. Will Kim Jong-Un trust the US after this?

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/world/Trump-announces-US-withdrawal-from-Iran-nuclear-deal-/3126396-4551812-15nx9b3/index.html
It will be difficult for any leader to trust USA when they don't honor such a big deal supported by the international community. Guess what, He has no proposal to replace it. Russia is flexing its muscles in the region and Trump will soon know how difficult it is for any deal.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 07:52:20 PM »

It will be difficult for any leader to trust USA when they don't honor such a big deal supported by the international community. Guess what, He has no proposal to replace it. Russia is flexing its muscles in the region and Trump will soon know how difficult it is for any deal.

Yep.  You can't sign a deal with the US longer than the term of the current office holder.  It's very destabilizing.  At best you can expect to be renegotiating it once a new government(almost always Republican - they are contemptuous of international expectations) comes into power.  That is why some initiatives like climate change among others just can't make headway.

Harriet Tubman