Author Topic: Raila get himself a council of elders  (Read 6701 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Raila get himself a council of elders
« on: April 30, 2018, 10:00:54 AM »
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/National-healing-to-top-agenda-of-Uhuru-Raila-team/1056-4536696-sr3ek0z/index.html

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Raila get himself a council of elders
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »
Poor Kenya. It seems we are gona have 2022 campaigns for 5years. Only Uhuru can sleep.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:18:49 AM »
Ruto has been sidelined in this handshake team... what's happening Pundit?
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 12:06:01 PM »
I think Ruto get's Uhuru sense of humour here. Raila is being made fun of by Uhuru. Ruto of course has to keep an eye on Raila and anybody who might want to dillute his 2022 PORK. I think some in GEMA seeing they have no succesor to Uhuru are finding themselves in 1975 again - and wants Uhuru to take an executive PM and Ruto a ceremonial pork in 2022.
Ruto has been sidelined in this handshake team... what's happening Pundit?

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 02:05:04 PM »
I don't see how GEMA would want a PM arrangement given their numerical advantage. They're strategic and just want Ruto to assure them of 50-50 and not be smart alec. The PM thing is Raila after PORK turned into a pipe dream. The constitutional change won't happen but Raila will use the debate to drive a wedge between Ruto and smaller tribes who are presently "excluded" from Executive power. After the loss of non-GEMA and the cracks in Jubilee Raila will have a big say in 2022.

That's the Raila aim I suspect.

I think Ruto get's Uhuru sense of humour here. Raila is being made fun of by Uhuru. Ruto of course has to keep an eye on Raila and anybody who might want to dillute his 2022 PORK. I think some in GEMA seeing they have no succesor to Uhuru are finding themselves in 1975 again - and wants Uhuru to take an executive PM and Ruto a ceremonial pork in 2022.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 04:15:22 PM »
I am still not convinced Uhuru is intending to retire at his prime age...the man is not even 60yrs! So the idea of Medved-Putin appeals to him or Supreme Jubilee leader. Either way he doesn't want a GEMA succesor to emerge otherwise he won't have "killed" Kiunjuri and had that warning for GEMA pretenders in Muranga. The man intend to stay and Raila is going to help him with constitutional changes..or well he is willing to pursue the Supreme Leader thing but he can easily be ignored once Ruto picks a running mate.

Raila I think is a pawn in this game. He long ran out of aces. He is right now an overrated tribal chief -  it just few folks from siaya who still think he has a shot.

I don't see how GEMA would want a PM arrangement given their numerical advantage. They're strategic and just want Ruto to assure them of 50-50 and not be smart alec. The PM thing is Raila after PORK turned into a pipe dream. The constitutional change won't happen but Raila will use the debate to drive a wedge between Ruto and smaller tribes who are presently "excluded" from Executive power. After the loss of non-GEMA and the cracks in Jubilee Raila will have a big say in 2022.

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 04:36:40 PM »
Ruto should just play along and kick Uhuru to the cab after taking over. Ruto has enough clout which Raila is undercutting with Uhuru's connivance. Both retirees should go home after 2022. Uhuru can run Brookeside or broker peace in Somalia & Juba with kina Mbeki.

The coalition idea is not so great... we need a clean-slate PORK to execute his Big vision - answer to Parliament and judiciary - without other political partners bogging him down. We can judge him squarely for the good and the bad. Ruto's good enough for that.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 05:50:09 PM »
Pundito:  I see Raila has moved from KAPUT to an overated tribal chief. Si we just wait and watch things unfold.  The picture will become very clear very soon.  One thing we know is that Ruto is no longer sleeping easy as he did after Ouru's swearing in.  He has spent tones of money in a very short time to buy people and to make all kinds of moves. Most politicians are trying to replace the tones of money they spent during the campaign and will sing the song of anybody with open pockets.  Its going to be a long five years for Ruto having thought Raila was in his rear view mirror just for Raila to appear again in front of him.  He must be thinking he is seeing ghosts.  Raila and Ouru holding hands while Ruto is running as an outsider-if anybody predicted this even one month ago, they would have been locked up in Mathare. This is evidence that one day in politics is like 10 years and should caution anybody from making unnecessary predictions too far out of 2022. Literally anything can happen. 

I am still not convinced Uhuru is intending to retire at his prime age...the man is not even 60yrs! So the idea of Medved-Putin appeals to him or Supreme Jubilee leader. Either way he doesn't want a GEMA succesor to emerge otherwise he won't have "killed" Kiunjuri and had that warning for GEMA pretenders in Muranga. The man intend to stay and Raila is going to help him with constitutional changes..or well he is willing to pursue the Supreme Leader thing but he can easily be ignored once Ruto picks a running mate.

Raila I think is a pawn in this game. He long ran out of aces. He is right now an overrated tribal chief -  it just few folks from siaya who still think he has a shot.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 06:05:59 PM »
Robina, when you say "WE need a clean PORK", who are WE, who is that clean PORK and what are those HUGE vision agenda's?  Things have changed and are still changing since the Servers were not opened and we are on a new trajectory.  The Ruto 10 and Ouru 10 is out of the window.  The new political trajectory is not clear yet but we know for sure the one that Ouru and Ruto started in 2013 and was supposed to last 20 years is no more.   Ruto has acknowledged that as a fact and is already on Plan B which is to supposed to continue the semblance of that plan but without Ouru. 2017 was the year of change.

Ruto should just play along and kick Uhuru to the cab after taking over. Ruto has enough clout which Raila is undercutting with Uhuru's connivance. Both retirees should go home after 2022. Uhuru can run Brookeside or broker peace in Somalia & Juba with kina Mbeki.

The coalition idea is not so great... we need a clean-slate PORK to execute his Big vision - answer to Parliament and judiciary - without other political partners bogging him down. We can judge him squarely for the good and the bad. Ruto's good enough for that.

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 02:51:29 AM »
I know you're one of few folks from Siaya Pundit alludes still dream of President Odinga. Take Pundit's advice and pick a successor. Raila us setting a very poor example for Uhuru and Ruto by hanging on past sell-by date.

It's Raila has  moves but so does Ruto. I don't buy Pundit's dismissal of the man: he's a player, and just pulled the handshake out of the hat; Soon to pull referendum**... Ruto can't see around the bend before it's too late. Ruto's is the soft underbelly this round, as vulnerable as Raila 2012, and it shows on his face. The anxiety, fear and hunger are unmistakable. Does Raila have the power to marshall the mortal enemies to finish off Ruto?

The principal beneficiary of this fiasco is Uhuru and GEMA, as desperate Ruto sweetens their pie, with Raila threatening to snatch everything.

Robina, when you say "WE need a clean PORK", who are WE, who is that clean PORK and what are those HUGE vision agenda's?  Things have changed and are still changing since the Servers were not opened and we are on a new trajectory.  The Ruto 10 and Ouru 10 is out of the window.  The new political trajectory is not clear yet but we know for sure the one that Ouru and Ruto started in 2013 and was supposed to last 20 years is no more.   Ruto has acknowledged that as a fact and is already on Plan B which is to supposed to continue the semblance of that plan but without Ouru. 2017 was the year of change.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 09:18:07 AM »
Robina it would be a mistake to go soft on GEMA or Uhuru. That doesn't work. Ruto has to approach them from a point of strength - and that strength is having political support from Moyale to Namanga - from Busia to Liboi. That I think is where Ruto need to concentrate. Right now western is where all the action is...there is a lot of re-configuration going on there. Coast will be next. Ruto enjoys the upper-hand - and therefore will get GEMA backing - because they will be damned either way -
I know you're one of few folks from Siaya Pundit alludes still dream of President Odinga. Take Pundit's advice and pick a successor. Raila us setting a very poor example for Uhuru and Ruto by hanging on past sell-by date.

It's Raila has  moves but so does Ruto. I don't buy Pundit's dismissal of the man: he's a player, and just pulled the handshake out of the hat; Soon to pull referendum**... Ruto can't see around the bend before it's too late. Ruto's is the soft underbelly this round, as vulnerable as Raila 2012, and it shows on his face. The anxiety, fear and hunger are unmistakable. Does Raila have the power to marshall the mortal enemies to finish off Ruto?

The principal beneficiary of this fiasco is Uhuru and GEMA, as desperate Ruto sweetens their pie, with Raila threatening to snatch everything.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 12:48:54 PM »
Robina, stop the silly/cheap politics.  President Odinga has only been an obsession of the Odianga haters.  To me Odinga represented the progressive wing of Kenyan politics while ouruto represented the right wing. When Odinga goes, I will still be representing that politics. For now, Odinga is the symbol of that wing of politics.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 04:07:08 PM »
Handshake politics to shape 2022.  I have seen Waiguru endorsing the grifter.  I am waiting to see how and if kamwana will comment on the issue.  The irony is Miguna who is already a footnote might actually end up supporting arap Singh.  :D   This shit is funny.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »
Kichwa don't get me wrong: of course Raila is the face of progressive politics in Kenya. Ruto stands for the status quo. Sadly the ideology is a non-issue to Kenyans hence the tribal positioning. Since these two magicmen contend for non-GEMA leadership, Ruto is between a rock and a hard place pandering to both GEMA and non-GEMA. If he supports PM he faces trouble with GEMA. If he opposes it he faces trouble with smaller tribes especially Coast and Western. Raila knows this and is working him good.

So you're right we don't know what will happen by 2022. Except that Ruto's odds are now 50-50. Raila odds are zero ?

And don't even start to pretend you don't mellow at the thought of President Raila Odinga!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 05:14:28 PM »
Kichwa don't get me wrong: of course Raila is the face of progressive politics in Kenya. Ruto stands for the status quo. Sadly the ideology is a non-issue to Kenyans hence the tribal positioning. Since these two magicmen contend for non-GEMA leadership, Ruto is between a rock and a hard place pandering to both GEMA and non-GEMA. If he supports PM he faces trouble with GEMA. If he opposes it he faces trouble with smaller tribes especially Coast and Western. Raila knows this and is working him good.

So you're right we don't know what will happen by 2022. Except that Ruto's odds are now 50-50. Raila odds are zero ?

And don't even start to pretend you don't mellow at the thought of President Raila Odinga!

If there is one guy I would not write off, Baba would be it.  If previous predictions were to be taken seriously, he'd already be in a trash heap. Instead he is still throwing heft all over the place way past his "sell by date".  It would take death or a crippling illness to knock him out.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »
If there is one guy I would not write off, Baba would be it.  If previous predictions were to be taken seriously, he'd already be in a trash heap. Instead he is still throwing heft all over the place way past his "sell by date".  It would take death or a crippling illness to knock him out.

His odds at PORK. the curse of the kingmaker.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 09:25:00 AM »
Robina - you heard it from here first. Uhuru's hanger on don't want to retire so soon...will Uhuru accept to go home! all evidence suggests he aint going home soon.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Atwoli-plea-to-give-Uhuru-soft-landing-met-with-criticism-/1064-4540060-nr1c0x/index.html

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 05:11:31 PM »
This is Ruto's big headache - as he has vehemently opposed any change. Ruto's on his own just like 2010 - with Raila,  Uhuru,  Madvd, etc backing "inclusion". It could wind up in bad fallout at Ruto's expense. You heard Nyeri MP Ngunjiri Wambugu saying Gema will not accept Ruto to choose a DPORK for them... meaning we're watching as you try to build allies to break free of Gema. Handshake is two can play that game. I hope Ruto wins this checkers but I'm not confident he will.

Robina - you heard it from here first. Uhuru's hanger on don't want to retire so soon...will Uhuru accept to go home! all evidence suggests he aint going home soon.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Atwoli-plea-to-give-Uhuru-soft-landing-met-with-criticism-/1064-4540060-nr1c0x/index.html

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 11:59:09 PM »
Makes sense, however,  if you are right that  Ouru is not going home then Ruto is definitely going home and Raila maybe coming in. It may explain why Ouru is not worried about betraying Ruto and also why Raila was telling Ruto to join him.  The two maybe up to something.  Anyway 2022 is still a long way from now and a lot will happen between now and then.   

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 02:31:38 PM »
I think there are things that we know for sure won't make thro - 14 regions is dead on arrival - executive PM elected by Mps rather than PORK elected by kenyans is out - I think Uhuru just want something to do after election - mostly his hanger-ons - it's Ruto job to find him something to do -  I think Jubilee Supreme Leader will be good enough for him - but his hang-ons want to continue eating.

This is redux of 1975-76 - Ruto is now the Moi (I told ya :) and is assured of 2022 - and he is going to get everything thrown at him - but knowing Ruto - he won't choke - not at the final lap.

Makes sense, however,  if you are right that  Ouru is not going home then Ruto is definitely going home and Raila maybe coming in. It may explain why Ouru is not worried about betraying Ruto and also why Raila was telling Ruto to join him.  The two maybe up to something.  Anyway 2022 is still a long way from now and a lot will happen between now and then.