Author Topic: Celebrity children paradox  (Read 1052 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Celebrity children paradox
« on: April 27, 2018, 03:04:48 PM »
https://mpasho.co.ke/last-video-of-sk-macharia-sons-last-moments-on-earth/

Many condolences to SKM. Losing a son is painful whatever the cause may be.

So the young man was fond of fast cars and was once convicted of DUI. It appears certain persons knew his habits and quickly fished out stories of previous incidents. We've heard of celebrity children/sons of who's who in Kenya drinking and bar hopping through the night. We only get a glimpse of this when they die or cause road crashes. There was once such a crash near Integrity Center involving them. In the west we've had stories of celebrity children (adults, really) doing crazy things. They have everything they need. Some are well educated and have thriving businesses, but others are mere couch potatoes waiting for the apple to fall. A paradox because peasant children look up to them saying when I grow up.... Yet the some of these careless celebrity children end up dying in terrible places.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Celebrity children paradox
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »
Don't drink and drive.  It seems like something one doesn't have to be told.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: Celebrity children paradox
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 02:51:30 PM »

It sounds obvious to a sober mind but once  alcohol becomes a problem its not too obvious that one should not drink and drive.  Alcohol is going to be a major problem without a viable solution in Africa for a very long time.  The poor people die more from alcoholism than even the rich.  Unemployed/idle youth in Kenya seek solace in alcohol at a big cost to their families and the country.   All in all, it is very sad indeed to lose a child regardless of the circumstances. 

Don't drink and drive.  It seems like something one doesn't have to be told.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza