Author Topic: MCA's Want Armed Body Guards  (Read 5639 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
MCA's Want Armed Body Guards
« on: September 25, 2014, 01:28:21 AM »

Insecurity is making our lives difficult, they say.

. . .

. . .
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Now-MCAs-demand-guns-and-bodyguards/-/1064/2464468/-/14rr179/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Online gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: MCA's Want Armed Body Guards
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:04:31 AM »
the MCAs are kenyans ..... vijana wa NYS wapate kazi ...5,000 power jobs pap sio kushinda wakifagia kibera
time national govt .president, dp, mps...and funnily senators respected county govts ...they are equals if not more powerful
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 05:34:49 PM »
the MCAs are kenyans ..... vijana wa NYS wapate kazi ...5,000 power jobs pap sio kushinda wakifagia kibera
time national govt .president, dp, mps...and funnily senators respected county govts ...they are equals if not more powerful

Absolutely, let NYS do this as way of job creation for the youth. A case of killing two birds with a single stone.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 05:37:01 PM »
They should have bodyguards.

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 06:37:51 PM »
Me?  I think they should instead look at the underlying reasons why they are insecure.  Every Kenyan deserves security.  Not just leaders. 

If they think they deserve their own security that they can control 24/7.  You want to think that they should see the same need for the county.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

They want to be pushing for devolution of security to county level. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 06:40:47 PM »
Devolving security sounds good. I really don't think there'd be a body guard uprising any time soon. Cut the budget in driving public officials to and fro work and employ more body guards.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 06:50:39 PM »
Anything that will improve the capacity of Counties is welcome. Let make MCA a competitive job by giving them perks equal to Mps. Then we an attract folks who really can be able to make governors accountable.

What we do not need are those many party nominated gender/youth/disabled MCAS...i hope electrocate can just do the right thing and elect as many women as men..sprinkled with youths and disabled.

But we need to ammend the rule that say 1/3 of county assembly will be nominated MCAs. They serve no purpose.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 03:28:29 PM »
Devolving security sounds good. I really don't think there'd be a body guard uprising any time soon. Cut the budget in driving public officials to and fro work and employ more body guards.

Dovolve security? This doesn't sound good. May be counties should be allowed to make use of NYS youth as part of their security detail. That way the young lads can find employment too.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »

Dovolve security? This doesn't sound good. May be counties should be allowed to make use of NYS youth as part of their security detail. That way the young lads can find employment too.
It's actually one of those functions that make perfect sense devolving. 

For me, it just means, the locals are in charge of their own security.  The policemen are locals from the neighborhood.  They know and are known by the locals.  The police chief is selected by the locals.

It makes for better relations between the police and the people.  The current system in place is a colonial relic.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »
I think the MCA's request is very reasonable.  It's more jobs for the youth anyway. Each county should develop its own security force to guard county officials and county buildings and facility.  The training should be no more three months and then deployment.  They could start with  as little as fifty personal and build it up slowly every year. I think MCA's are more important than even MP's and hopefully in the next elections the county government should attract more educated candidates.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 07:55:05 PM »
Armed body guards should in theory be given to any mwananchi. I have on many occasions hired policemen to guard my compound when I am present. To ensure no games, I usually insist on out of town policemen. I pay for the service and when its over, give each mwananchi a parting gift as I leave.

In fact I don't have to. The police should on their own assess the level of threat and danger against a given citizen and then take measures that it can to protect the person regardless of rank.

However in Kenya, "security" is the same as status. The more policemen you have following you and making trouble for wananchi the more "important" you are. Some MPs and senators need no security. They are in no danger. The same applies to some Ministers and so on. But they have "security" as a status symbol.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread