Author Topic: The Indian Sends Rocket To Mars  (Read 8954 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
The Indian Sends Rocket To Mars
« on: September 23, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
He is an amazing specimen.  He is sending cutting edge rockets to Mars all the while still shitting on streets.  Without batting an eyelid.
India's Mars orbiter satellite, which has been on an arduous nine-month-long journey to the Red Planet, cleared a crucial test today. The main rocket engine of the satellite, which has been lying dormant for this extended period, was successfully test-fired
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/india-s-mars-orbiter-mangalyaan-clears-crucial-test-596042
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: The Indian Sends Rocket To Mars
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
You're joking. I won't believe it.

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:03:01 PM »
That is simply amazing

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
He is an amazing specimen.  He is sending cutting edge rockets to Mars all the while still shitting on streets.  Without batting an eyelid.
India's Mars orbiter satellite, which has been on an arduous nine-month-long journey to the Red Planet, cleared a crucial test today. The main rocket engine of the satellite, which has been lying dormant for this extended period, was successfully test-fired
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/india-s-mars-orbiter-mangalyaan-clears-crucial-test-596042

Maybe it demonstrates that we are all on different evolutionary journeys and at our own individual pace?  There are a billion evolutions taking place in India right now.... some still squat in the bushes whilst others are going to the moon...

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »
Byran, are you trying to justify the theory that human beings were never meant to be equal?

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 12:41:06 AM »
Byran, are you trying to justify the theory that human beings were never meant to be equal?

Not quite, we're are equal, I am just saying that we are on different evolutionary journeys ....

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 01:23:18 AM »

Maybe it demonstrates that we are all on different evolutionary journeys and at our own individual pace?  There are a billion evolutions taking place in India right now.... some still squat in the bushes whilst others are going to the moon...
Hehehe...me I am thinking it is the same individual who configures parameters for orbital insertion in a few hours.  Then walks out and does his curry infested ahem on the street.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 07:44:52 AM »
Such sat and tech helps fight poverty....so i don't think priorities are messed up. India can deploy weather stations on those rockets and that can help their farmers...and help reduce poverty. That is just one example of the many utilities of such tech.

That india is now able to fire rockets...Nigeria is next...shows either the world is catching up on developed nation or the developed nation have retrogressed.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 09:07:14 AM »
they missed the space race by 50 years..waste of brains and mullah
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
You think they should leapfrog to something new. Everyone has to go through the pains. This is a proud moment for indian space tech and no amount of derision will take away what these indians have done...
they missed the space race by 50 years..waste of brains and mullah

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
Is there a way I can have a letter delivered to the people of Mars? I want to warn them about allowing even a mall number of immigrants over there and the danger this may bring to their planet.

I would tell them about the dirt, militarization, corruption and political oppression. I would warn them against the Caste system which will target the darker members of their population. It is also possible that the Earthlings might get in to all manner of businesses including Retail and Hawking, thus denying the Martian Peasantry income. The Earthlings could dominate Hardware, Wholesale and Supermarket Business which would give them a huge economic advantage over the indigenous people; There is a danger that they could easily make an unholy alliance with the Martian ruling class, help them set up a dictatorship that would rig elections and detain critics while supplying them with a percentage of the profits from over-priced goods and services to donate at Harambees!

The Police are likely to be bought as would be the civil servants.

Even if they stay 1000 years on Mars, they will still remain unintegrated and will in fact look down upon Martians.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »
Sound like Shikuku anti-indian tirade.
Is there a way I can have a letter delivered to the people of Mars? I want to warn them about allowing even a mall number of immigrants over there and the danger this may bring to their planet.

I would tell them about the dirt, militarization, corruption and political oppression. I would warn them against the Caste system which will target the darker members of their population. It is also possible that the Earthlings might get in to all manner of businesses including Retail and Hawking, thus denying the Martian Peasantry income. The Earthlings could dominate Hardware, Wholesale and Supermarket Business which would give them a huge economic advantage over the indigenous people; There is a danger that they could easily make an unholy alliance with the Martian ruling class, help them set up a dictatorship that would rig elections and detain critics while supplying them with a percentage of the profits from over-priced goods and services to donate at Harambees!

Even if they stay 1000 years on Mars, they will still remain unintegrated and will in fact look down upon Martians.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 12:31:34 PM »
Who said anything about Indians? This is about Earthlings
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »
What became of the Italian owned Kenyan space station in Lamu. Can't we collaborate with some foreign power to do our thing? We could use the results for weather forecast.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »
Brogolio space center...San marco is dead as dodo...we went on tour there in campus. But thanks to it...we malindi is now an italian town. I think the founder of san mariono...who is kenya italian..did a lot to market malindi to italians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broglio_Space_Centre
What became of the Italian owned Kenyan space station in Lamu. Can't we collaborate with some foreign power to do our thing? We could use the results for weather forecast.

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 05:47:32 PM »
Such sat and tech helps fight poverty....so i don't think priorities are messed up. India can deploy weather stations on those rockets and that can help their farmers...and help reduce poverty. That is just one example of the many utilities of such tech.

That india is now able to fire rockets...Nigeria is next...shows either the world is catching up on developed nation or the developed nation have retrogressed.
I am all for the Indian to do what he wants.  I am just fascinated.  The way the Indian does things.  It proves that with some organization, these things are not rocket science hehehe.. 

That said, one still requires a certain industrial ecosystem in place for a country to support a space industry.  Naija ought to have a very advanced petro-chemical industry among others.  Otherwise They can have a space commission, but they are no different than the grandiose visions typical of the African.  They look good on paper.  Usually targeting 20 to 30 years in the future where accountability does not exist.  I think the Boer stands a better chance.

@Olekoima,

Malindi is the most optimal located space port in the world.   You want to be as close to the equator as possible.  Given that the African will sleep, shit, till, slaughter, piss on a gold mine, Kenya should consider leasing those facilities to NASA or Roscosmos.

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 05:49:09 PM »

:roll:

This had me in stitches. Thanks Omollo.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 06:02:11 PM »
Veritas

I am glad someone did get the spirit of my contribution.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 06:04:27 PM »
Brogolio space center...San marco is dead as dodo...we went on tour there in campus. But thanks to it...we malindi is now an italian town. I think the founder of san mariono...who is kenya italian..did a lot to market malindi to italians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broglio_Space_Centre
Can't it be revived?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 06:10:39 PM »
I think you're prejudiced and painting broad brush over a country as big as India or heck even Kenya. Part of India like that Bangalore where the base station is can be called developed world with industrial base with the likes of Tata and many big manufacturing, one of world leading biotechnology,world leading software companies, world leading pharmaceuticals; there are lots of brain activity going down there; that sync make it possible for rockets and cutting edge stuff to be developed there; i do not think for instance Bangalore should wait for some messed part region of India to catch up; just because they are in India.

The rocket being launched therefore is no big suprise if you know the kind of stuff going down in Banglore,India.

I am all for the Indian to do what he wants.  I am just fascinated.  The way the Indian does things.  It proves that with some organization, these things are not rocket science hehehe.. 

That said, one still requires a certain industrial ecosystem in place for a country to support a space industry.  Naija ought to have a very advanced petro-chemical industry among others.  Otherwise They can have a space commission, but they are no different than the grandiose visions typical of the African.  They look good on paper.  Usually targeting 20 to 30 years in the future where accountability does not exist.  I think the Boer stands a better chance.

@Olekoima,

Malindi is the most optimal located space port in the world.   You want to be as close to the equator as possible.  Given that the African will sleep, shit, till, slaughter, piss on a gold mine, Kenya should consider leasing those facilities to NASA or Roscosmos.