Author Topic: Spain raids Catalonia to stop secession  (Read 5117 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Spain raids Catalonia to stop secession
« on: September 21, 2017, 01:38:55 AM »
Be warned secession sio mchezo... this is Spain... EUROPE.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-spain-politics-catalonia/spanish-police-raid-catalan-government-to-halt-banned-referendum-idUSKCN1BV0U0

♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Spain raids Catalonia to stop secession
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 09:08:44 AM »
They failed to get a superpower on their side such as Russia, USA or North Korea. The key to cessation is a support from a country with nukes.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »
only a fool think secession is a walk in the park.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 12:25:46 PM »
Yup. Corsica attempted to secede from France. Paris declared the small island as old drug mafia rebels ... and used maximum force. Nobody talked about human rights even in EU yet there were commandoes everywhere on street corners. But the bloodiest secession attempt was Quebec from Canada - 000's dead.

None of the big powers will entertain secession anywhere to avoid their own problems.

China has Taiwan & Tibet
EU has Catalonia, Scotland, etc
Canada has Quebec, Nova Scotia
Russia has Chechnya & all those autonomous republics & okrugs
Even the Turks have their Kurds... and then look at the newly "independent" African states - S.Sudan & Eritrea - shida tupu.

It's the absolute worst time - internationally - to talk secession

only a fool think secession is a walk in the park.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 12:52:47 PM »
No way broke Spain would let go off 42 billion Euros. It is all about who get the taxes from the sweat of the serfs.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »
They failed to get a superpower on their side such as Russia, USA or North Korea. The key to cessation is a support from a country with nukes.

:D Not necessarily one with nukes.  But yes, secession is 90% about who can sway the international community and 10% local. 

There are exceptions.  But for the most part, to secede, getting the big international boys on board should be where you focus on.

Catalonia is Spain's richest region.  And it's not the only region with issues.  The Basques also like to entertain those notions.  So Spain has reason to be very worried about any part seceding.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 01:34:08 PM »

:D Not necessarily one with nukes.  But yes, secession is 90% about who can sway the international community and 10% local. 

There are exceptions.  But for the most part, to secede, getting the big international boys on board should be where you focus on.

Catalonia is Spain's richest region.  And it's not the only region with issues.  The Basques also like to entertain those notions.  So Spain has reason to be very worried about any part seceding.

You're right about Catalonia being the economic backbone... Barcelona is actually the Spanish financial hub. It's like London seceding from the UK.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 01:53:43 PM »
If you're ready to die for it then you're ready to secede

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 02:31:10 PM »
A jubilee government would unleash force to keep the honest section of the kenyan society in the cruel marriage of convenience.  Well convenient to them any way.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
Kenya is very different. People will die on both sides.  You cannot send the military to kill folks in Kisumu, Kakamega, Kisii or Mombasa and expect Nairobi, Nakuru, Eldoret to remain peaceful. The government of Kenya will therefore be very careful before they employ full force otherwise the whole country will break apart for everybody. I think succession is the only language a goon like WSR will understand.  WSR plans for Kenya is to return the country back to Moi era and he must be fought all the way including with succession. I'd rather the country breaks apart than be under dictator Ruto.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 04:01:15 PM »
Kenya is very different. People will die on both sides.  You cannot send the military to kill folks in Kisumu, Kakamega, Kisii or Mombasa and expect Nairobi, Nakuru, Eldoret to remain peaceful. The government of Kenya will therefore be very careful before they employ full force otherwise the whole country will break apart for everybody. I think succession is the only language a goon like WSR will understand.  WSR plans for Kenya is to return the country back to Moi era and he must be fought all the way including with succession. I'd rather the country breaks apart than be under dictator Ruto.

Only an abusive husband beats his wife to stay with him.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 04:36:00 PM »
They somehow believe they can manipulate numbers to create a fake majoritarian dictatorship.  Succession may not be easy but so is WSR plans to dominate Kenyans through a fake majority created by a rigged electoral process. The courts will be very busy until this problem is resolved by adults. We only need a few honest judges.

Only an abusive husband beats his wife to stay with him.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »
You'll lose even more. You need to focus on devolution and majimbo. Federalism. Secession is DEAD ON ARRIVAL. You can ask Somalis who fought for it for 30yrs how much they suffered and number of massacres. You think KDF and Kenya Police will have time for nonsense? Or you think they will split up? So you pay them with what - peanuts or MPESA paybill :)? Their loyalty is to gok that pays them salary.

There are regions that can secede....but they have to be ready to shed a lot of blood for many years. It's not worthy it.

Fight for majimbo or federalism...where Nyanza get to decide pretty much everything..and leave UhuRuto to ran the show in Nairobi.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 12:29:23 AM »
Looks like the Catalans are pressing forward with their referendum. 

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 01:24:27 PM »
Looks like the Catalans are pressing forward with their referendum. 
The Mother Government in Madrid is not pulling any punches either: They just upped their rhetoric
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 07:32:49 PM »
Catalonia is splitting from spain. Referendum happening now

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 07:34:29 PM »
Why can't they just let them Catalans go?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »
Why can't they just let them Catalans go?

Because it would encourage the Basque separatists.   Also Catalonia is very wealthy.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 10:08:11 PM »
Next up the formation of The People's republic of Kenya.