Author Topic: nakumatt to merge with tuskys  (Read 4074 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
nakumatt to merge with tuskys
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:52:45 AM »
"This is a home grown solution. The deal will allow Nakumatt access stock immediately and once it has stock then it can get the cash flows to remain afloat," a source familiar with the deal said.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001254873/nakumatt-signs-merger-deal-with-tuskys

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: nakumatt to merge with tuskys
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:17:47 AM »
"This is a home grown solution. The deal will allow Nakumatt access stock immediately and once it has stock then it can get the cash flows to remain afloat," a source familiar with the deal said.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001254873/nakumatt-signs-merger-deal-with-tuskys
From what I gather from friends and acquaintances, even tuskys is having problems paying on time. So I don't think this is a solution especially to suppliers. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:20:02 AM »
Yeap a strategic partner that will inject new capital is the only way out.
From what I gather from friends and acquaintances, even tuskys is having problems paying on time. So I don't think this is a solution especially to suppliers. 

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 11:49:14 AM »
The house of cards called Kenyan economy is about to unravel. You will see dust. Uhuru has gone on spending binge funded by high taxes and debt. The screwball will leave a trail of destruction

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »
Mmh. I don't think so. Kenya economy is ever more resilent.
The house of cards called Kenyan economy is about to unravel. You will see dust. Uhuru has gone on spending binge funded by high taxes and debt. The screwball will leave a trail of destruction

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 11:56:47 AM »
How will Nakumatt pay Tuskys if Nakumatt cannot pay its suppliers at the moment?

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 12:08:48 PM »
Amazing that a business that sells everything for cash finds itself in cash flow problems.  Points to serious structural issues that need more than a merger.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »
Mmh. I don't think so. Kenya economy is ever more resilent.
That what Greece thought ..it is all about the simple things like the ability of a family to meet basic needs. Most enterprises in Kenya are going on 9th year of cash flow problems and panic. Oil is still at 40 meaning the turknana oil won't help. Tea prices from 2016 to fy 2017 are stagnant. This year there will less of produced..smes are having issues raising capital ..if tuskys and nakumatt go down they will go down with billions owed to suppliers and banks

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 12:17:30 PM »
The easiest way out for most of these kleptocorporates would be to convert the debt into shares and sell to gullible mwananchi.

How is Uchumi doing on the other side of the retail crisis? I also read it is in advanced stages negotiation with a liquidity injecting firm.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 12:34:55 PM »
Details of this 'merger' are hazy. Tusksys must be high on weed to do this.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »
Retail is doing well. Ironically traditional retailers like Nakumatt should thrive as retail formalizes and kiosks die off. The more we have mobile & plastic the more folks will move mainstream. I think Nakumatt troubles are an indicator of inefficiency. How do you explain newcomers like Carrefour & online Jumia?

I can see VC-backed startup Jumia here .. doing well at 5 years. https://www.techcityng.com/rocket-internets-q1-2017-report-reveals-jumias-performance-status/

If Carrefour sells out to Amazon the local slow adapters will have to shape up or ship out. http://fortune.com/2017/10/03/amazon-grocery-stores-france/

♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 05:46:48 PM »
How did you even arrive at this point? You have been denying that Nakumatt is a dead shell!

Next time learn your lessons. One: When a supermarket is kicked out of its premises the landlord knows it is broke and won't sue or take any action. Landlords cannot come within 100 KMs of a solvent supermarket because those who have tried have paid dearly! It makes it worse when the agency kicking them out is a reputable experienced property management firm.

2. Supermarkets and other big business do not pay rent monthly like you. They pay a lump sum for an extended period. Usually in advance but can also pay in arrears for equally long periods.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 06:12:34 PM »
What about the 35 Billion Nakumatt owes its suppliers and creditors?

Will Tuskys maintain Nakumatt employee thieves who brought it down?

Kenya is a true bandit economy,

Without Prejudice.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 06:34:40 PM »
Looking at the history of the retail sector shows there is something managers overlook. From the story of fabled Jack n Jill, Uchumi and now Nakumatt.

Which finance management does one apply to inject 'capital' into an elephant which owes over 18 billion to suppliers only. Nakumatt is dead. The courts should grant Brookside's wish to have it wound up. 
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 07:07:37 PM »
Nakumatt was no0t in the Supermarket business. Nakumatt was a money laundering outfit under Moi, continued under Kibaki and now dumped. The drug dealers and smugglers have found easier and better methods such as Mpesa.

They also have their own banks after Moi left and anybody could start a bank under Kibaki as it was in the 80s and early 90s. New rules and regulations allowed many other outfits to function as "banks" even without taking in ordinary account holders.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 07:44:35 PM »
Nakumatt is dead and out, once your business cannot even puppy and his mother your business is burnt beyond recognition. .

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 09:32:42 PM »
Tuskys will be committing suicide to take Nakumatt. When swimming in shark infested waters the last thing you need is a wounded lion on your back. The lion cab recover temporariky and naul you, or his bleeding wounds will attract the hungry sharks.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 08:15:13 AM »
How did you even arrive at this point? You have been denying that Nakumatt is a dead shell!

Next time learn your lessons. One: When a supermarket is kicked out of its premises the landlord knows it is broke and won't sue or take any action. Landlords cannot come within 100 KMs of a solvent supermarket because those who have tried have paid dearly! It makes it worse when the agency kicking them out is a reputable experienced property management firm.

2. Supermarkets and other big business do not pay rent monthly like you. They pay a lump sum for an extended period. Usually in advance but can also pay in arrears for equally long periods.

I believe nakumatt could have survived if they had downsized. Close down non performing branches and concentrate on the cash cow branches like Mega(uhuru highway), Junction, TRM and maybe village market. Nakumatt struggles are a boom for carrefour and maybe Foodplus, and which hopefully translates to revenue growth for their suppliers like me.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 05:52:49 PM »
Tuskys saving Nakumatt while her sister Naivas is on drip?

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 11:51:20 AM »
What weed is Tuskys smoking to countenance this merger?