Author Topic: CBK - time to change ugly kenya notes.  (Read 3227 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
CBK - time to change ugly kenya notes.
« on: September 16, 2017, 04:28:21 PM »
Kenya currency as the ugliest in the region - they are so old generation - they should have long gone.
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/CBK-risks-legal-action-delayed-newlook/539546-4098566-e68ecj/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: CBK - time to change ugly kenya notes.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 06:04:41 PM »
Really? You are concerned with the FACE on the currency  :( You can even replace with Queen Mekatilili or Beautiful Nyakio... until our pea-size economy expands it all means so little.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 07:28:04 PM »
I like our notes. Some countries have bills that look like monopoly bills, so weird. Like SA. I also think Euros look weird. Best-looking bills are American bills. But ours are ok. They look Iike real money.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 08:27:36 PM »
I like our notes. Some countries have bills that look like monopoly bills, so weird. Like SA. I also think Euros look weird. Best-looking bills are American bills. But ours are ok. They look Iike real money.

I also thing USD are the best. Can't stop admiring the artwork. Explains my wallpaper.

But every time I hold GBP I feel raw power in my palm. Maybe it's because it's the strongest in the world

Only note I love is our 500/- bill.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 08:35:09 PM »
Our notes are big,dirty n really ugly.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 08:45:55 PM »

I also thing USD are the best. Can't stop admiring the artwork. Explains my wallpaper.

But every time I hold GBP I feel raw power in my palm. Maybe it's because it's the strongest in the world

Only note I love is our 500/- bill.
I dont know what the pound looks like but yeah American bills are very majestic. Believe it or not there are some three or so currencies that are twice or more, stronger than the sterling pound. One I believe is the Kuwaiti one.

I like the old blue (20/-) that vanished from circulation. But at least our money looks like money. The G is the ugliest Kenyan bill. Horrible colour.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 08:49:24 PM »
Our notes are big,dirty n really ugly.
Lol. What do you mean dirty?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 08:53:50 PM »
It's probably the paper they use but you don't find dirty dollars or even ugx or tshs or franc

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »
It's probably the paper they use but you don't find dirty dollars or even ugx or tshs or franc

The dollar is the dirtiest currency.  You don't know how many stripper's ass cracks it's been through.  Touch that money with caution.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »

The dollar is the dirtiest currency.  You don't know how many stripper's ass cracks it's been through.  Touch that money with caution.
:roll: :roll: That's so raw, descriptive and funny.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 10:09:04 PM »

:roll: :roll: That's so raw, descriptive and funny.

Yep.  One of those deceptively clean looking things, but not quite that way.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 01:44:26 PM »
New money is beautiful! Has lions, rhinos etc rather than faces.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 02:02:47 PM »
If it is what I have seen, it is mediocre. Njoroge should hire a graphic designer from River Road. A better job can be done instead of just replacing Kenyatta's image with lions and elephants.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 02:09:31 PM »
If it is what I have seen, it is mediocre. Njoroge should hire a graphic designer from River Road. A better job can be done instead of just replacing Kenyatta's image with lions and elephants.

Well, I didn't really mind our money in the first place, so to me the animals look great. Maybe they'll take advantage of this change to redesign the whole thing if enough people lobby for it. If they do, they'be better not give us toy-looking money that belongs to a monopoly game.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 05:27:40 PM »

You clearly haven't seen Her Majesty's new currency.  I like it...alot.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 05:32:15 PM »

It occured to me the other day I have never seen a pound.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 06:03:14 PM »

It occured to me the other day I have never seen a pound.