Author Topic: Nullify the whole thing-Martha is on to something.  (Read 2977 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Nullify the whole thing-Martha is on to something.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 10:11:39 AM »
Refer to SCOK 2013 decision on what fresh election means - it essentially mean a run-off btw Uhuru and Raila - unless SCOK 2017 have overturned that too.
Pundit, Maraga said the first election was invalid, null and void meaning it is as if it never took place. In my understanding it's not a runoff but a completely new election for president.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 06:08:39 PM »
The question is whether this is a runoff. The order though clear needs to be reviewed. I am sure the hearing of Aukot vs IEBC will setttle many issues.
An order is hereby issued directing the 1st Respondent to organize and conduct a fresh Presidential Election in strict conformity with the Constitution and the applicable election laws within 60 days of this determination under Article 140(3) of the Constitution.
Refer to SCOK 2013 decision on what fresh election means - it essentially mean a run-off btw Uhuru and Raila - unless SCOK 2017 have overturned that too.
Pundit, Maraga said the first election was invalid, null and void meaning it is as if it never took place. In my understanding it's not a runoff but a completely new election for president.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 06:18:37 PM »
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread