Author Topic: Google Fired Him now he's a hero  (Read 5626 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Google Fired Him now he's a hero
« on: August 10, 2017, 05:04:08 AM »
Most offensive thing he said was that Biology limits how many and how high women can jump in tech industry

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4772960/amp/KATIE-HOPKINS-trust-Google-free-speech.html
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Google Fired Him now he's a hero
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 05:18:16 AM »
You can be sure he is a racist too.  The way a turd almost always follows a fart in the bathroom.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 05:20:07 AM »
vooke has no reference of racism or what it takes for a man like this to have the guts to put that into pen and paper and share widely in corporate gig.. This is a man who cannot control his impulse. Like when Bill O'reilly see a shiny thigh

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 05:25:17 AM »
This idiot should be refired again.if you cannot understand how long historical discrimination or favor s can create unfair competition that can only be bridge d by dolling out favors for equally long time then you're a fool.I mean woman in us started working n voting last century.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 05:46:18 AM »
Bloomberg reckons he has next to zero chances at any avenue of legal redress he pursues
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/fired-googler-faces-headwinds-making-legal-case-he-s-the-victim
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 05:53:30 AM »
WOW!!..and I guess tribalism is Ok.   

This idiot should be refired again.if you cannot understand how long historical discrimination or favor s can create unfair competition that can only be bridge d by dolling out favors for equally long time then you're a fool.I mean woman in us started working n voting last century.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 11:39:53 AM »
Freedom of speech I think is the 1st Amendment to the US constitution. I hope Google is fined heavy($10M) for violating this guy's right of expression. Tree-hugging liberals here should save us the screeches.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 12:03:57 PM »
Tribalism is an issue and we have diversity programs for minority tribes.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
So should we fire people - say Kikuyus or Kalenjins - who dare to question those divesity programs?

Tribalism is an issue and we have diversity programs for minority tribes.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 12:11:33 PM »
Each company has their values n code of conduct.A woman right ngo will definitely fire you if you express sexist views against women.Outside work you can express anything.A company is legal person...I can kick you out of my house for good reason.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 12:39:37 PM »
Google is not analogous to your house - it is a publicpolitical correctness - a political monster the backlash to which propelled Donald Trump to the White House. Trump could not say Islam promotes terror without liberal vultures baying for his blood.

Well -political correctness - it is the same kind of nonsense in kenya - where TIFA or Ipsos cannot factor tribe in opinion polls - cause it offends sensitivities. Diversity programs are great... to correct past injustices... but you can't fire or jail people for questioning or discussing them. Under Google moronic "ethics"... Pundit would promptly be shown the door for discussing tribe... or claiming Luos have a chip on the shoulder. It's an affront to freedom itself.

Each company has their values n code of conduct.A woman right ngo will definitely fire you if you express sexist views against women.Outside work you can express anything.A company is legal person...I can kick you out of my house for good reason.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 12:43:29 PM »
I think Google will score hugely by sacking him.

Robina, what I'm learning is private companies enjoy more latitude in restricting freedom of expression.

Googl has a policy, he knew it probably by heart...activism from inside is not IT

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 12:55:35 PM »

Robina, what I'm learning is private companies enjoy more latitude in restricting freedom of expression.

Googl has a policy, he knew it probably by heart...activism from inside is not IT

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 01:05:18 PM »

Yes Robina, private as in not government. He has his rights but Google does not have to give him a podium. He spread misogyny and Google will claim it was defending its employees from his bile.

Now that he's jobless, he's free to do a book and give lectures on his ideals

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 01:18:35 PM »

Yes Robina, private as in not government. He has his rights but Google does not have to give him a podium. He spread misogyny and Google will claim it was defending its employees from his bile.

Yeah right. All James Damore needs is to show others who have drafted similar memos - critical of other groups that Google holds as less important - but Google happily gave them a podium or looked the other way. Such policies would have to be consistent and not only applied to white people or men. It is simple discrimination. One reason I like the Trump victory is giving political correctness a bloody nose - by appointing conservative judges.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 01:42:36 PM »
Pastor vooke - here is an opinion I agree with on Google's BS - not all you see on CNN is gospel.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/why-you-should-read-the-whole-google-memo/news-story/1d900d80d9bc1b6a9185acb622f51a0b

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
Robina,

First amendment protects your free speech from infringement by the government.  It doesn't protect you from socioeconomic consequences of the same.

He can't be arrested and prosecuted for what says.  But he sure as hell can be booed and even booted out of a job for it.  Google, a private institution, is not obligated to provide him a platform for his views by the first amendment.

In America, the latitude for a boss to fire you is almost limitless.  This guy stands no chance in court.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »
The document

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 03:02:38 PM »
Robina,

First amendment protects your free speech from infringement by the government.  It doesn't protect you from socioeconomic consequences of the same.

He can't be arrested and prosecuted for what says.  But he sure as hell can be booed and even booted out a job for it.  Google, a private institution, is not obligated to provide him a platform for his views by the first amendment.

Really? -so companies are free to suppress freedom of speech because they are "private"? - we shall see. I hope James Damore is suing for a $100M in damages - he may end up with a good fraction.

In America, the latitude for a boss to fire you is almost limitless.  This guy stands no chance in court.

That is debatable especially where politics is involved. On competence/performance yes. Damore has been fired for his views on a political issue that has made its way to Supreme Court - affirmative action. Here's some news that fly in our faces.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/walmart-subsidiary-discriminated-against-transgender-worker-eeoc-finds-n790696

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/10/cargill-meatpacking-teamsters-local-union-455-muslim-workers-civil-rights-prayer/

Here Google is accused by DoJ of totalitarian policies -
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/19/google-confidentiality-wage-gap-us-investigation

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 03:16:45 PM »

Yeah right. All James Damore needs is to show others who have drafted similar memos - critical of other groups that Google holds as less important - but Google happily gave them a podium or looked the other way. Such policies would have to be consistent and not only applied to white people or men. It is simple discrimination. One reason I like the Trump victory is giving political correctness a bloody nose - by appointing conservative judges.

Yes,
He can sue for unlawful dismissal, discrimination....but I doubt Google would have gone all the way had there been a culture of such memos.

I think his views are extreme but that's my opinion. Google has every right to inculcate a culture of its choice and enforce it. Disseminating views contrary to Google culture using their resources (computers and time) would attract sacking.

Try replacing his views with the idea that Africans are intellectually inferior and tell me whether his right to those views would go unchallenged