Author Topic: Uhuru has to NO legal right to terminate a case or release suspects  (Read 13013 times)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Re: Uhuru has to NO legal right to terminate a case or release suspects
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 10:14:55 AM »
I actually think he is the complainant/aggrieved. So he has the legal right to terminate the case. Politically he has the right too since he is the President.
Its not a civil suit. Crimes are offences against the republic, not just the complainant.

By the way, really nice to see you here, Robina. Karibu! :D
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 10:27:08 AM »
I actually think he is the complainant/aggrieved. So he has the legal right to terminate the case. Politically he has the right too since he is the President.

Not quite Kasupuu,

Once the wheels of justice have started spinning, the complainant cannot then "unsay"/ withdraw the complaint. 

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 02:07:27 PM »
... Politically he has the right too since he is the President.
Robina

You are not getting it. Under the law, the President has as much power to terminate the case as yourself. To emphasize: The President has NO ROLE and no power as concerns criminal cases.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 02:43:32 PM »
They shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. This thing of arresting people and then look for a crime that fits should be done away with. Its a colonialist mentality. It goes to show that politics had something to with it in their arrest.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 02:56:06 PM »
They shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. This thing of arresting people and then look for a crime that fits should be done away with. Its a colonialist mentality. It goes to show that politics had something to with it in their arrest.
That has been my position: What crime have they committed? They were at a political rally and expressed their opinion. You may disagree with the opinion and how they expressed it but they did express it. Then you turn around and arrest them despite the katiba granting them the right to do so.

Three shoes were thrown from what we hear. So does it it two dozen people to throw three shoes? Did any of it hit Uhuru?  Can Uhuru prove the intention of throwing the shoe was criminal? I think those boys should sue Uhuru for wrongful arrest and violation of their civil rights ( a case which will be stood over until he is back to Gatundu trying to dodge the ICC)
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
They can sue the govt. not Ouru. Unless he ordered their arrest!!!

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 04:03:18 PM »
They can sue the govt. not Ouru. Unless he ordered their arrest!!!
I know. But Uhuru is playing politics so you answer in the same language. You file a case, it is dismissed, you cry out aloud how the powerful are crushing the weak...