Author Topic: Pundit: NASA has endorsed Mandago will that change MOAS?  (Read 6280 times)

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Pundit: NASA has endorsed Mandago will that change MOAS?
« on: July 26, 2017, 11:10:37 PM »
Buzeki core base was the NASA supporters.  Will NASA endorsement change the arithmetics?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Pundit: NASA has endorsed Mandago will that change MOAS?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:40:56 PM »
Maybe he can pull joho..where for five years he mistreats other tribes but they look at big picture.Dont forget  uasin gishu is Ruto home.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 05:52:15 AM »
Nandis will swallow their sour grapes quietly as all seats go Keiyo. NASA scores nothing.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 06:30:57 AM »
Nandi will win soy  and maybe Turbo where luhya okwara is the jubilee candidate.But Nandi have William  Ruto for Dpork although technically wsr is a kipsigis.If Mandago gets nearly 20% NASa support in Eldoret will turn the tables on Buzeki.But we I'll he...will luo n luhyas ignore their plight coz baba endorsed mandago like joho in msa.We will have to watch ho we far this endorsement rings.In the meantime NASa endorsing munya buries him in meru just like Isaac 35% went up the smoke.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 07:07:23 AM »
Well, Ruto and Uhuru endorsed Mandago and non-Nandis especially kikuyus didn't budge. And the NASA endorsement is a catch22 isn't it? Due to the big picture. I expect Luhyas to vote Raila but stick with Buzeki.

Nandi will win soy  and maybe Turbo where luhya okwara is the jubilee candidate.But Nandi have William  Ruto for Dpork although technically wsr is a kipsigis.If Mandago gets nearly 20% NASa support in Eldoret will turn the tables on Buzeki.But we I'll he...will luo n luhyas ignore their plight coz baba endorsed mandago like joho in msa.We will have to watch ho we far this endorsement rings.In the meantime NASa endorsing munya buries him in meru just like Isaac 35% went up the smoke.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 07:37:11 AM »
Yeap - the endorsement may ring hollow - coz other tribes (luhya,keiyo,kikuyus,luos, marakwet) have issues with mandago running the county like it was Nandi county(which has 20% luhya)- I guess like he was running maybe Bomet or Kericho where Kalenjin are 97%. We shall see but my money for now is still with Buzeki. In Mombasa - Joho has mistreated the non-coastal (luo,luhyas,gusii,kambas, kikuyus) but because he has strong support of Raila - I think they will just sheepily vote for him.
Well, Ruto and Uhuru endorsed Mandago and non-Nandis especially kikuyus didn't budge. And the NASA endorsement is a catch22 isn't it? Due to the big picture. I expect Luhyas to vote Raila but stick with Buzeki.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 04:06:33 PM »
MSA is interesting. Joho props ODM nationally not to look like Western alliance - picking fights with Uhuruto viciously - in turn Raila diehards overlook his dismal record - so yes it's sheepish loyalty. It's why Sarai Hassan Omar scores meagre 6% vs Joho 60% despite Wiper backing. Being just another fire-spitting Swahili is Omar's undoing - if he was say Mijikenda - Joho would feel some heat. Teaming up with Mwaboza gave Shahbal the boost to the 20% he polls consistently. Omar whole 6% must be Kamba.

Yeap - the endorsement may ring hollow - coz other tribes (luhya,keiyo,kikuyus,luos, marakwet) have issues with mandago running the county like it was Nandi county(which has 20% luhya)- I guess like he was running maybe Bomet or Kericho where Kalenjin are 97%. We shall see but my money for now is still with Buzeki. In Mombasa - Joho has mistreated the non-coastal (luo,luhyas,gusii,kambas, kikuyus) but because he has strong support of Raila - I think they will just sheepily vote for him.

Offline Kadame5

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 04:15:22 PM »
Hassan Omar was very dumb to go after Governor. Whats the greed? Why couldnt he stay senator? He will lose for the same reason that Raila couldnt push Balala onto coast in ODM politics back in the day, he was forced to let Balala fend for himself. I understand that the Mijikenda have a bitter historical animus with the tiny Waarabu population that ruled the coast and even though Omar is not a proper mwarabu, he  still is no match for a strong mijikenda. I feel about Joho the way I feel about Sonko. But I couldve told Hassan Omar for free that that was a monumentally dumb move. Like Keneth/Karua going for PORK in 2013. Just amazing.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 04:24:32 PM »
Some people speculate that he really believed Joho would be barred from running.

Hassan Omar was very dumb to go after Governor. Whats the greed? Why couldnt he stay senator? He will lose for the same reason that Raila couldnt push Balala onto coast in ODM politics back in the day, he was forced to let Balala fend for himself. I understand that the Mijikenda have a bitter historical animus with the tiny Waarabu population that ruled the coast and even though Omar is not a proper mwarabu, he  still is no match for a strong mijikenda. I feel about Joho the way I feel about Sonko. But I couldve told Hassan Omar for free that that was a monumentally dumb move. Like Keneth/Karua going for PORK in 2013. Just amazing.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 04:31:06 PM »
I think being so pedigree - young, eloquent, smart Swahili - must have deluded him as an easy run against D student Joho :D How could he stay a mere powerless senator? Well he is not alone - Khalwale, Nyong'o, Kiraitu, Munyes - the list is long

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 04:31:27 PM »
Yeap Joho buys off Raila because he knows after the mijikenda - the luos are second largest- combined with luhyas - they are a big force in Mombasa.
MSA is interesting. Joho props ODM nationally not to look like Western alliance - picking fights with Uhuruto viciously - in turn Raila diehards overlook his dismal record - so yes it's sheepish loyalty. It's why Sarai Hassan Omar scores meagre 6% vs Joho 60% despite Wiper backing. Being just another fire-spitting Swahili is Omar's undoing - if he was say Mijikenda - Joho would feel some heat. Teaming up with Mwaboza gave Shahbal the boost to the 20% he polls consistently. Omar whole 6% must be Kamba.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 04:35:25 PM »
I doubt it. His attacks have been well trained on Joho since 2013. He must have meant to run against him all along. Shahbal & Awiti have always been just a distraction.

Some people speculate that he really believed Joho would be barred from running.

Offline Kadame5

• Superstar
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »

In the post 'ICC duo charged with crimes against humanity and running for highest offices with blessings of IEBC and judiciary' world, that was an incredibly stupid assumption to make to the extent of staking your political career on it, honestly.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 05:49:23 PM »
1. Luhyas, Luos, Kisiis etc have no candidate of their own. So it is really a choice between going to vote for one of the Kalenjin candidates or abstaining. Those who go to the polling box will follow the NASA advice and vote for Mandago. There may be some exceptions such those who have been bribed etc but they will be very few.

2. I disagree that Munya is done. For starters when two strong candidates are in contesting their supporters are pretty much settled and none can shift for any reason. For instance those who are supporting Uhuru in Kiambu will not vote for Raila unless Uhuru committed some crime that is unheard of (and I rule out shooting a man or woman at a public rally, raping a donkey in public...etc). In even the two are balanced in support, that is when the swing vote comes in.

Mandago knows that the Kikuyu will provide the swing vote for Buzeki. So he has engineered "insecurity" that has seen many leaving in droves. It is possible election day threats may cause some suppression. He has then made a pact with NASA to secure the Luhya vote in exchange for his supporters voting for NASA.

The reason I think you dismissed the other guy too fast is because who knows where this will lead to? If the exodus grows, it may result in unforeseen consequences even for the Luhyas and Luos. But the one thing that will be clear is like the man you dismissed wrote, the Luos, Luhyas, Kalenjin would be back in alliance against Kikuyus.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 06:00:56 PM »
Its amazing how the political analysis how UG will vote for its governor is purely tribal with no mention of even a single "other issues".  I do not buy it. Since its  a close race, can we fit in the so called "other factors" in the analysis?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 06:05:34 PM »
Its amazing how the political analysis how UG will vote for its governor is purely tribal with no mention of even a single "other issues".  I do not buy it. Since its  a close race, can we fit in the so called "other factors" in the analysis?

Apparently this one breaks down to sub-tribes too.  Because Keiyo and Nandi are in play - I don't know which of them is Nandi or Keiyo, though I suspect Mandago is Keiyo.  Then the ancillary tribes play their roles to push one or the other over the top.  You could probably break it down further into clans.

There are always going to be some who care about track records, integrity and that kind of thing.  But how many seriously?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 07:23:47 PM »
Issues are viewed with tribal lenses.

'Issues' matter once tribe is no longer an issue. Like Kiambu overwhelmingly rejecting Kabogo
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 07:27:58 PM »
That would  only be true if there were only two tribes in UG-the one which Mandago belongs to and the one Buzeki belongs to.  If there are more than two  tribes as in this case then the "other factors" must be at work but we are just too lazy to cite them because assigning tribal motives to political behavior is  something we Kenyans love and have a lot of experience with.  Its the only political analytical tool we put to use  and so goes the saying, "if a hammer is the only tool you have, everything looks like a nail and needs to be hammered".

Apparently this one breaks down to sub-tribes too.  Because Keiyo and Nandi are in play - I don't know which of them is Nandi or Keiyo, though I suspect Mandago is Keiyo.  Then the ancillary tribes play their roles to push one or the other over the top.  You could probably break it down further into clans.

There are always going to be some who care about track records, integrity and that kind of thing.  But how many seriously?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »
Ok- then take out the tribal lense.  Its like calling everything red because you are wearing red lensed glasses and insisting that they are red instead of taking off the red lensed glasses.

People who do not belong to the candidates tribe are always considering other issues all the time except they are ignored.  There are so many people who will vote for NASA because they believed Ouru and Ruto are incompetent and corrupt. However the Kenyan elite tribal political pundits will ignore their concerns and arrogantly assign them to a tribal voting block, wapende wasipende.

'Issues' matter once tribe is no longer an issue. Like Kiambu overwhelmingly rejecting Kabogo

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 07:44:31 PM »
Ok- then take out the tribal lense.  Its like calling everything red because you are wearing red lensed glasses and insisting that they are red instead of taking off the red lensed glasses.

In UG, all non Kales are really indifferent to tribe because none of their home boy, to borrow your tautology, is vying.

There's an incumbent so the usual questions, has he delivered or does he appear to have delivered? Does he get along with UG electorate? Can't tell.

Mandago has tried to stoke ethnic flames by insinuating that min-Kales should not influence UG politics. This has made him look bad to all non-Kales
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.