Author Topic: Magufuli starts seeing sense...  (Read 3049 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Magufuli starts seeing sense...
« on: July 23, 2017, 05:32:13 PM »
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Relief-as-Kenya--Tanzania-agree-to-lift-trade-ban/1056-4028678-a75ldr/index.html

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Magufuli starts seeing sense...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 06:18:43 PM »
Who started these trade wars? I thought it's Kenya which banned Tanzania gas that caused the erratic relationship to escalate.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »
Obviously Magufuli and TZ have stone-walled EAC - Kenya with UG & Rwanda - are 10 steps ahead - TZ is every day trying to backpedal. Magufuli started long time ago when he banned brookside from taking milk in Arusha - and of course in week 1 - he was expelling kenyans - and before that TZ had started blocking tourism vans. I mean TZ should just quit EAC and Arusha HQ should be transferred to Kisumu or Kampala.
Who started these trade wars? I thought it's Kenya which banned Tanzania gas that caused the erratic relationship to escalate.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 06:47:15 PM »

Pundit hates Magufuli because of his close relationship to Raila.  Ignore everything else.

Obviously Magufuli and TZ have stone-walled EAC - Kenya with UG & Rwanda - are 10 steps ahead - TZ is every day trying to backpedal. Magufuli started long time ago when he banned brookside from taking milk in Arusha - and of course in week 1 - he was expelling kenyans - and before that TZ had started blocking tourism vans. I mean TZ should just quit EAC and Arusha HQ should be transferred to Kisumu or Kampala.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:09:51 PM »
And that too.

Pundit hates Magufuli because of his close relationship to Raila.  Ignore everything else.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 07:43:39 PM »
A trade war between Kenya and Tz makes no sense at all.  I had no idea Kenyan imported wheat from Tz.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »

NO, that's the only reason.  The rest is BS.

And that too.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 02:37:19 PM »
A regime that is addicted to spinning ends up rather badly. Look at Tony Blair.

1. Kenya imposed trade restrictions on Tanzania (gas imports banned)
2. Kenya started arresting and deporting Tanzanian nationals over work permits
3. Tanzania protests
4. Kenya ignores
5. Tanzania hits back with its own trade restrictions but targets Uhuru family business
6. Tanzania starts arresting and deporting Kenyans without work permits or lawful reason to be in TZ (targets Kikuyus)
7. Tanzania lets JP businessmen buy maize all over TZ but confiscates it & Trucks at border and deports all them
8. Officially bans export of food to Kenya, especially maize

Kenya approaches Tanzania for dialogue. They are told to stop tabia mbaya and all will be well.
Uhuru lifts restrictions
Tanzania lifts restrictions

This same thing happened under Kibaki. They banned Tanzania registered vehicles from collecting tourists at JKIA and confibed them to the Namanga border so that Kikuyu tour operators could make easy money transporting the tourists to TZ (another example of a people abusing the powers of the state for personal gain).

TZ protested was ignored and imposed similar sanctions:

Kenyan vehicles banned from Kilimanjaro Airport
Kenyan tour operators could collect tourists at their side of the Namanga border

Kibaki met Kikwete, they agreed to take it all away simultaneously.

The idea that Kenya would make Tanzania scream is widespread in certain circles.

TZ has hit Uhuru so hard, he is still smarting from it all. The Pipeline, the Uganda SGR??
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »
TZ & Burundi has stone-walled any effort to make EAC work. Kenya and Rwanda are miles away - Uganda is not far behind. Let us be honest for once. Kenya has been nothing but friendly neighbour to TZ. TZ need to get out of their tunnel vision and realize that nobody want to take their small pie - we want to all bake a bigger pie.
A regime that is addicted to spinning ends up rather badly. Look at Tony Blair.

1. Kenya imposed trade restrictions on Tanzania (gas imports banned)
2. Kenya started arresting and deporting Tanzanian nationals over work permits
3. Tanzania protests
4. Kenya ignores
5. Tanzania hits back with its own trade restrictions but targets Uhuru family business
6. Tanzania starts arresting and deporting Kenyans without work permits or lawful reason to be in TZ (targets Kikuyus)
7. Tanzania lets JP businessmen buy maize all over TZ but confiscates it & Trucks at border and deports all them
8. Officially bans export of food to Kenya, especially maize

Kenya approaches Tanzania for dialogue. They are told to stop tabia mbaya and all will be well.
Uhuru lifts restrictions
Tanzania lifts restrictions

This same thing happened under Kibaki. They banned Tanzania registered vehicles from collecting tourists at JKIA and confibed them to the Namanga border so that Kikuyu tour operators could make easy money transporting the tourists to TZ (another example of a people abusing the powers of the state for personal gain).

TZ protested was ignored and imposed similar sanctions:

Kenyan vehicles banned from Kilimanjaro Airport
Kenyan tour operators could collect tourists at their side of the Namanga border

Kibaki met Kikwete, they agreed to take it all away simultaneously.

The idea that Kenya would make Tanzania scream is widespread in certain circles.

TZ has hit Uhuru so hard, he is still smarting from it all. The Pipeline, the Uganda SGR??

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »
There was a time you were objective about Kenya-Tanzania relations. I don't  think you were then horribly encumbered by partisan politics to spn and "defend" jubilee. That time may well return in the near future.

Kenya provokes Tanzania and then when Tanzania finally reacts, Kenya, like every naughty bully feigns ignorance of the reasons why. This game must come to an end.

In every diplomatic tiff that has taken place between the two countries, Kenya has been the aggressor but the one that cries loudest for "justice".

TZ has raised its own concerns. The fact that a country wants to restrict its land ownership to non citizens is no reason to call it a stumbling block. Prices are different. All the other countries have high and super high prices for land. Only TZ has cheap and affordable land. Tell me how long it would take to have all the Hutus in TZ demanding to become a Tanzania tribe?

For Kenya, I would welcome it because I know who will rush there is droves and for once leave us in peace!
TZ & Burundi has stone-walled any effort to make EAC work. Kenya and Rwanda are miles away - Uganda is not far behind. Let us be honest for once. Kenya has been nothing but friendly neighbour to TZ. TZ need to get out of their tunnel vision and realize that nobody want to take their small pie - we want to all bake a bigger pie.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 07:13:26 PM »
There was a time I felt we needed to go slow and become the big person - but this has changed - magufuli eps has shown opened hostility - and I am okay if Kenya looked  north - at Ethiopia. There is no EAC when it comes to TZ. Rwanda and Uganda yes.
There was a time you were objective about Kenya-Tanzania relations. I don't  think you were then horribly encumbered by partisan politics to spn and "defend" jubilee. That time may well return in the near future.

Kenya provokes Tanzania and then when Tanzania finally reacts, Kenya, like every naughty bully feigns ignorance of the reasons why. This game must come to an end.

In every diplomatic tiff that has taken place between the two countries, Kenya has been the aggressor but the one that cries loudest for "justice".

TZ has raised its own concerns. The fact that a country wants to restrict its land ownership to non citizens is no reason to call it a stumbling block. Prices are different. All the other countries have high and super high prices for land. Only TZ has cheap and affordable land. Tell me how long it would take to have all the Hutus in TZ demanding to become a Tanzania tribe?

For Kenya, I would welcome it because I know who will rush there is droves and for once leave us in peace!