Author Topic: IEBC versus NASA - Presidential tallying - who is the final  (Read 10221 times)

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
I am told it's being read. Look like NASA may lose this.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: IEBC versus NASA - Presidential tallying - who is the final
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 10:13:15 AM »
NASA has lost the case after IEBC went to court of Apeal.IEBC Chairman is the final Person to declare Presidential election at National tallying Centre....and not at Constituency level as demanded by NASA.

This was so commonsensical - NASA  & their groupies like Maina Kiai - just want to look for all excuses when they lose the election.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 10:27:12 AM »
Okay that is from facebook - they are still reading the judgement.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 11:22:40 AM »
Okay that is from facebook - they are still reading the judgement.
I read this while watching the judgement and now I wonder how many other Facebook crap you have fed us
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »
Facebook is generally crap. So what judgement.
I read this while watching the judgement and now I wonder how many other Facebook crap you have fed us

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »
1. On Jurisdiction: The Court rules in favor of the High court
2. On Res Judicata (matter already judged): Finds against IEBC
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 11:30:52 AM »
Well I hope IEBC will appeal to supreme court. In any case I anticipate a lot more chaos if const tallys are final. This won't cure the problem. It will escalate it by factor of 290. We are giving unknown & un-vetted const RO way too much power. The rigging shift to 290 Ros.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 11:35:23 AM »
It will be very interesting considering the IEBC just told NASA yesterday not to go to court because litigation will delay elections. Plus the IEBC vowed not to go beyond the Appeals Court.

Well I hope IEBC will appeal to supreme court. In any case I anticipate a lot more chaos if const tallys are final. This won't cure the problem. It will escalate it by factor of 290. We are giving unknown & un-vetted const RO way too much power. The rigging shift to 290 Ros.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »
I really don't know how any judge can rule against the High court judgment. The SC has already spoken on that matter and any change would leave it the laughing stock of the legal fraternity. It would destroy the court for ever.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 11:43:51 AM »
I thought SC spoke in favour of Chebukati - meaning const results are provisional until declared by Chebukati as pres RO. In any case I foresee scenario where many compromised ROs will declare fake results. That is going to lead to chaos. IEBC should be allowed to do it's job independently. Judiciary should not interfere into it. IEBC knows better. They know the characters they employed as ROs are people with little accountability to anybody. They are no commissioners.

Why have IEBC commissioners? All they do seem to be delegate all authority to secretariat and then wait for final results to announce. It plain useless. They are slowly emasculating it - and leaving chaos in it;s wake.

I really don't know how any judge can rule against the High court judgment. The SC has already spoken on that matter and any change would leave it the laughing stock of the legal fraternity. It would destroy the court for ever.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »
?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 12:32:21 PM »
Some of the pleadings were quite childish. To contest the jurisdiction of the High court in the Appeals court while stating that only the SC has jurisdiction is plainly silly. You are in effect saying that even the court you are before lacks jurisdiction.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 12:45:11 PM »
Now listening in. Is this unanimous or everyone has their own thought. William Ouko now reading.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 01:03:01 PM »
Just ended - everyone has poker face - the ruling seem convoluted.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »
Breaking news - Polling results at polling station will be final. Does that mean presiding officer is now the final man.This is just recipe for chaos. IEBC basically has been emasculated.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 01:12:49 PM »
Breaking news - Polling results at polling station will be final. Does that mean presiding officer is now the final man.
Pundit

The IEBC and Jubilee create their own propaganda and start screaming for no reason.

The ROs are IEBC staff appointed by the same IEBC to conduct elections at the constituency level. The court has found it hard to believe that they are dishonest and not trustworthy.

The vote is counted at the polling station. That is what matters. The rest is dealing with papers. Beyond the polling station there can be no basis to amend, alter, change, verify the count. The ROs can verify etc the forms given to them without altering a number and the same to the IEBC in Nairobi. This is just common sense. Any attempt to give one person power to alter results in our corrupt country has very predictable results.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 01:18:05 PM »
Who cares about IEBC? -it's more about the political contestants and Kenyans at large - are they more or less confident in the IEBC and the elections? As long as there is one presiding officer per polling station no chaos should occur. I can sit in my house and add up 10K stations and come up with the same results as Chebukati - not him to disappear for 2 days "tallying results" behind CLOSED DOORS. No matter how clean you are, doing things behind closed doors raises suspicion.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 01:21:50 PM »
Jubilee are okay with either case - so let concentrate on IEBC.

So assume in my polling station at Kapsengere primary school - the presiding officers count votes -  700 registered votes - he goes ahead to assign .Uhuru 700, Raila 0  - and sign off Form 34 while in reality the papers ballot in the box shows Uhuru got 600 and Raila 100 - what happens. In another polling station - they might even declare 7000 instead of 700.

IEBC just become convey belt of that bad input - all the way?

The current procedure - is Form 34 from presiding officer - triplicate - at RO level - it's counted again & Form 36 is filled - at national tallying center - it checked again & another form filled.

Pundit

The IEBC and Jubilee create their own propaganda and start screaming for no reason.

The ROs are IEBC staff appointed by the same IEBC to conduct elections at the constituency level. The court has found it hard to believe that they are dishonest and not trustworthy.

The vote is counted at the polling station. That is what matters. The rest is dealing with papers. Beyond the polling station there can be no basis to amend, alter, change, verify the count. The ROs can verify etc the forms given to them without altering a number and the same to the IEBC in Nairobi. This is just common sense. Any attempt to give one person power to alter results in our corrupt country has very predictable results.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 01:22:36 PM »
With a transparent process crying wolf will be quite unbecoming. And dismissable. Any polling station with issues can easily be physically recounted. Omollo cannot talk about Safaricom interception rigging center.

Now let us get rid of Al Ghurair and be done with this.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels