Author Topic: Pro Jubilee Media Bias  (Read 5350 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Pro Jubilee Media Bias
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:56:05 PM »
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Pro Jubilee Media Bias
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 01:25:18 AM »
These media houses are private businesses you know, no such obligation at least legally. Only KBC can be held to such standards as a state agency. You should listen to vernacular stations and be amazed by the open bias.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:30:29 AM »
Actually it is quite subjective. I never agree with your characterization of the NMG as so hopelessly ethnicized. They are much better than you bother to notice. As someone who considers herself a political independent I like to believe am quite objective on such issues. Most Kikuyus think the NMG is anti-Jubilee - at least in comparison to the real ethnic rags - Inooro, Kameme, etc.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 08:20:09 AM »
Maybe NASA have not given anything for media to cover. How many minutes do you want a shopping? Uhuru attended several rallies in Kiambu -

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 10:47:44 AM »
These media houses are private businesses you know, no such obligation at least legally. Only KBC can be held to such standards as a state agency. You should listen to vernacular stations and be amazed by the open bias.
When you are a media house you are serving a viewer group or viewer groups. They have certain rights. There are also ethics to consider for each journalist. You don't work in a vacuum. KBC collapsed because people figured out that it had become a government mouth-piece.

But NASA is not unduly worried. NASA has heavily invested in modern technology. The Online community follows all rallies even those that are usually ignored by the MSM. That is partly why I have been wondering why the MSM still thinks its the KANU days where the truth was whatever the president said it was.

Robina, the MSM lost out when they went on strike a few years ago after Uhuru forced them to subscribe to services he and Ruto were offering. Kenyans discovered that they did not need the MSM.

About radios: They have become less lethal and lost influence. They are known as unserious specializing in triteness and banter like whose wife suffered Penis captivus while being screwed by who.

Jubilee is bombarding the airwaves with ads paid for by the state but they are backfiring because they forgot to check the education levels in the country since NARC and NARA. People are aware that they are abusing state resources and they don't like it one bit

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 10:53:21 AM »
Maybe NASA have not given anything for media to cover. How many minutes do you want a shopping? Uhuru attended several rallies in Kiambu -
Raila went shopping with his grandson and son then held a press conference to discuss that and many other issues. The media gave it a blackout but curiously carried the response to it - typical KBC tactics of the Jomo Kenyatta Era.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 11:13:10 AM »
Which media. I think every media hse have their own way of doing things.
Raila went shopping with his grandson and son then held a press conference to discuss that and many other issues. The media gave it a blackout but curiously carried the response to it - typical KBC tactics of the Jomo Kenyatta Era.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 11:33:36 AM »
Pundit

NASA calculated that the MSM will not only deny it equal coverage but will align with Jubilee in a common push against NASA. So keep you pants on. There are other strategies we are employing which are more lethal than MSM.

If I were to advise Jubilee I would tell them to go slow on flooding people with ads. They just backfire. But you are enjoying it so we say knock yourselves out. By 9/8 you will know you are going home.

At this point in time I share with you that we are now sure of victory. Your cheating plans are almost 88% dismantled. We are waiting for the IEBC to release the register so we can dump the 12% shock on their faces and complete the process. BTW that Safaricom Interception Centre to doctor results .... we know about it and it wont help.

So in brief keep your media. They will come begging on 10/9 and will start by heaping praise on Raila and NASA.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 12:53:22 PM »
 Good. Let hope you don't come crying on 9th and then spend next 5yrs inundating this board with rigging allegations. Just remember MOAS never lies. It saying 53% versus 46%.
Pundit

NASA calculated that the MSM will not only deny it equal coverage but will align with Jubilee in a common push against NASA. So keep you pants on. There are other strategies we are employing which are more lethal than MSM.

If I were to advise Jubilee I would tell them to go slow on flooding people with ads. They just backfire. But you are enjoying it so we say knock yourselves out. By 9/8 you will know you are going home.

At this point in time I share with you that we are now sure of victory. Your cheating plans are almost 88% dismantled. We are waiting for the IEBC to release the register so we can dump the 12% shock on their faces and complete the process. BTW that Safaricom Interception Centre to doctor results .... we know about it and it wont help.

So in brief keep your media. They will come begging on 10/9 and will start by heaping praise on Raila and NASA.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 03:41:52 PM »
Robina, Actually NO.  Since they use public air waves, they have an obligation (as a condition of their licensing) to be fair and balanced.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 12:17:07 AM »
No such law Kichwa. Except journalism ethics. It's just like you can create your blog and people subscribe, you get to set the pulse and followers can desert you if they disagree. Only libel laws apply.

Robina, Actually NO.  Since they use public air waves, they have an obligation (as a condition of their licensing) to be fair and balanced.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 10:10:35 AM »

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »

Code of conduct for the Practice of journalism in Kenya

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »
Omollo - seem the world has conspired against you.I have been watching media occasionally and I don't see any bias.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »
Omollo - seem the world has conspired against you.I have been watching media occasionally and I don't see any bias.
Ever wondered why?

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 02:27:00 PM »
I trust the system to work - KUJ, MOA, etc. Unless all these are Jubilee outfits?? The media is independent and Omollo or NASA or Jubilee cannot teach them how to report.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 03:18:02 PM »
We cannot and will not. They are shooting themselves in the foot. They are becoming KBC under Moi and look where that got it!

People are getting rid of a LYING Government. What makes you think they will spare a LYING Media?

I trust the system to work - KUJ, MOA, etc. Unless all these are Jubilee outfits?? The media is independent and Omollo or NASA or Jubilee cannot teach them how to report.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 04:07:28 PM »
If you want to know that the Kenyan media is biased just imagine if the NYS scandal involved Raila/opposition/odm.  NYS unlike other scandals, there is evidence in the public domain and yet the principals are free, arrogant and still running for high office.  The money was split equally between Ruto's men and Ouru's men.  I wonder how many more scandals like that out there unearthed.

Also, Raila has been issuing serious statements about the plot to rig elections, illegal use of GOK money to campaign for Jubilee, abuse of office by CS to campaign for Jubilee etc, and yet the media does not even bother to report it as factual allegations instead they treat it as mere political statements and do not go beyond requesting a rebuttal from jubilee which they accept without asking even a simple follow-up question.

Everybody knows Jubilee is not planning to accept defeat.  Jubilee supporters are publicly urging ouru not to relinquish power under any circumstances and emulate kibaki of 2007 if defeated but the media is not saying a word. Imagine if this were Raila supporters making these statements.

We are entering a very serious political  times. What they need to know is that there is another half of Kenya who is taking Raila very seriously.

The reason why 2017 will not be like 2013 is because we have a divided country but Ouruto think they do not need the other half of the country.  There is  really no reason for the other half of Kenya to accept a stolen elections just to be the subject of ridicule and victims of political and economic marginalization.

We cannot and will not. They are shooting themselves in the foot. They are becoming KBC under Moi and look where that got it!

People are getting rid of a LYING Government. What makes you think they will spare a LYING Media?

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Online Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 07:28:37 PM »
I have been of the opinion that our media is not biased per se but COMPLACENT and incompetent. They are not mature enough to be professional... so rather than an arbitor of truth by investigation, verification, etc they ride along with the best propagandist, just like the rest of the gullible public. I saw this problem when they happily accepted "chai" at State House circa 2013.

Recall in 2007 when ODM outwitted the government, a journalist was later indicted by the ICC. Kriegler later indicted the media... and the fools were not contesting any seats! It is this same intellectual incompetence with lack of professional and ethical independence that I see now.

You are right Omollo, Kenyans will vote with their feet, if indeed the media does not adapt. In the West where the MSM fell to the sly leftwing ideologues, Trump called them out and resorted to social media. CNN et al went on and on and discovered quite late that most Americans no longer cared about their opinion.