Author Topic: Ethnic Rag: NASA Declares War on 7 Ministers  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Ethnic Rag: NASA Declares War on 7 Ministers
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 01:21:15 AM »
Legally, there is no doubt they are in violation.  I will show you when I get a chance.  I know for a fact that CSs are not exempt from that rule. 

The nature of the job argument, aside from not making a legal point, is still debatable.  Robert Gates, to pick an example, is a Republican, who served as Defence Secretary for Obama.  At no point was he required or even expected to endorse or promote the Democratic Party of his boss, in the performance of his duties. 

For the Eugene Wamalwas of this world, which part of their work is hindered if they can't campaign for the BOSS?

Eugene has been effecting Uhuru's water and irrigation policies via Galana etc, so he has to explain to the public his achievements so far as Uhuru's assistant. If they collectively fail they pack - just as the governors, MPs, etc. No exceptions.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 11:38:30 AM »
Legally, there is no doubt they are in violation.  I will show you when I get a chance.  I know for a fact that CSs are not exempt from that rule. 

The nature of the job argument, aside from not making a legal point, is still debatable.  Robert Gates, to pick an example, is a Republican, who served as Defence Secretary for Obama.  At no point was he required or even expected to endorse or promote the Democratic Party of his boss, in the performance of his duties. 

For the Eugene Wamalwas of this world, which part of their work is hindered if they can't campaign for the BOSS?

Eugene has been effecting Uhuru's water and irrigation policies via Galana etc, so he has to explain to the public his achievements so far as Uhuru's assistant. If they collectively fail they pack - just as the governors, MPs, etc. No exceptions.
It is illegal. He should have done that BEFORE elections were called. Once the elections are called it becomes illegal. I will post the entire law sometime in the day. I am busy now
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 06:58:24 PM »

My bad.  Whatever I had in mind is restrictions on running for elective office, not general political activities.  There is nothing specific in the constitution that outlaws their activities; at least not in a blanket sense(all CSs).

But Omolo's link shows that their political activities are outlawed.  The consensus, that the President and DP, the two elected state officers are exempt is sensible. 

The idea that Eugene somehow can't effect Galana or his docket's policies without giving praises to Jubilee or reminding whoever it is that he was appointed by Uhuru, is simply crazy.  Robert Gates is able to do his work without praising Democrats or Obama just fine(and there is no US statute or any law against it; just tradition).  Why can't Eugene or Nkaissery(in a country where they are forbidden by law)?

While I can't find anything specific in the constitution, outside of the statute shared by Omollo, that outlaws their activities, there are still some restrictions, even in the constitution for people like Nkaissery.

Chapter 14, (239)(3) 

In performing their functions and exercising their powers, the national security organs and every member of the national security organs shall not
(a)   act in a partisan manner;
(b)   further any interest of a political party or cause; ...

Nkaiserry is a member of these organs.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »
The intention of the "information" is what is at the root of this. The election has been declared, parliament gone on a death recess, the same to county assemblies, the president is effectively an "acting president" and then you come up with "information"? The intention is to CAMPAIGN for one side.

Nobody is stopping Eugene from holding a press conference to address legitimate matters concerning the failed Galana-Kulalu Scheme. But if the intention is to win favor for any party then he is engaging in politics.

We shall institute private prosecution of a number of them next week. I have advised against the inclusion of Eunice since these cases will go beyond the election and will get serious after Uhuru is removed. Eunice can die in prison.

Kiunjuri is playing with fire because should he be found guilty he will automatically be banned from the 2022 election. So as he nurses presidential ambitions, he should start using his head. His own friends can work to have him convicted.

I am definitely for Nkaissery's trial. I want to see him REFUSE to attend court and I want the IG to pretend he cant be found when a warrant is issued. This will expose Jubilee for the lawless motherfuckers they are.

My bad.  Whatever I had in mind is restrictions on running for elective office, not general political activities.  There is nothing specific in the constitution that outlaws their activities; at least not in a blanket sense(all CSs).

But Omolo's link shows that their political activities are outlawed.  The consensus, that the President and DP, the two elected state officers are exempt is sensible. 

The idea that Eugene somehow can't effect Galana or his docket's policies without giving praises to Jubilee or reminding whoever it is that he was appointed by Uhuru, is simply crazy.  Robert Gates is able to do his work without praising Democrats or Obama just fine(and there is no US statute or any law against it; just tradition).  Why can't Eugene or Nkaissery(in a country where they are forbidden by law)?

While I can't find anything specific in the constitution, outside of the statute shared by Omollo, that outlaws their activities, there are still some restrictions, even in the constitution for people like Nkaissery.

Chapter 14, (239)(3) 

In performing their functions and exercising their powers, the national security organs and every member of the national security organs shall not
(a)   act in a partisan manner;
(b)   further any interest of a political party or cause; ...

Nkaiserry is a member of these organs.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:46 PM »
Omollo if wishes were horses :o
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »
Omollo if wishes were horses :o
I wish you were more clear like Yule Musee in stating what you think is wishful thinking.

I want to assume its the prosecution of ministers.

Here is the way it works:

1. A person citing the constitution can institute private prosecutions.
2. Due to legal precedents, one may need to show a reluctance on the part of the DPP to prosecute (though this is only so as to minimize the chances of the court agreeing to a possible application by the DPP to take over and discontinue the charges - something Wako specialized in doing)
3. Once charged, the CSs will be bound by the law to cease working

Please fell free to ask me to clarify any other "wish".

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 02:45:31 PM »
I wish you were more clear like Yule Musee in stating what you think is wishful thinking.

I want to assume its the prosecution of ministers.

Here is the way it works:

1. A person citing the constitution can institute private prosecutions.
2. Due to legal precedents, one may need to show a reluctance on the part of the DPP to prosecute (though this is only so as to minimize the chances of the court agreeing to a possible application by the DPP to take over and discontinue the charges - something Wako specialized in doing)
3. Once charged, the CSs will be bound by the law to cease working

Please fell free to ask me to clarify any other "wish".

Laughable at best. Let us assume Raila wins: these guys would start singing praises for NASA and "Eunice"  the parrot might even land an ambassador position. So you can stop dreaming about prosecutions. Remember #Lockherup?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 02:55:05 PM »
Laughable at best. Let us assume Raila wins: these guys would start singing praises for NASA and "Eunice"  the parrot might even land an ambassador position. So you can stop dreaming about prosecutions. Remember #Lockherup?

I will give it one more try one last time:

1. The prosecutions are supposed to be NOW for the crimes being committed NOW
2. This comes after GoK and DPP refused to act to stop the violations;
3. The law allows for private prosecutions

The idea is to file charges and force them to be interdicted.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 04:35:09 PM »
I will give it one more try one last time:

1. The prosecutions are supposed to be NOW for the crimes being committed NOW
2. This comes after GoK and DPP refused to act to stop the violations;
3. The law allows for private prosecutions

The idea is to file charges and force them to be interdicted.

This is even better. Should we watch out for it in the evening news?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 12:58:22 PM »
DPP writes to CID over NASA complaints

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001244540/dpp-writes-to-cid-over-nasa-complaints
He is pre-empting the NASA private prosecution by setting in motion delaying tactics

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 02:25:57 PM »
He is pre-empting the NASA private prosecution by setting in motion delaying tactics

I wouldn't put it past him. If there is one systemic failure under the new constitution it's the DPP. At first I imagined he was hired only to shield Uhuruto from PEV manenos and that his mettle would shine elsewhere. Alas, was I wrong! Ironically his resume really wows, what a waste.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 10:01:30 PM »
Robina

I agree

Many of these people have seen their careers come to a rapid sunset because of working with regimes like Uhuru Kenyatta's. In this global world who would not read about Githu Muigai's role as Consigliere for the Kenyatta mafia? How then would such a person vote to give him a serious job unless he was out to recruit a loyal poodle who would bend the law to suit his master?

Amos Wako had a wonderful career and a promising international role. Then Moi happened and he became Kibaki's adviser on how not to pass the new constitution. The bastard actually received orders from Kiraitu Murungi to write a constitution that would get Kibaki re-elected and he did and wanted us to vote for it

I wouldn't put it past him. If there is one systemic failure under the new constitution it's the DPP. At first I imagined he was hired only to shield Uhuruto from PEV manenos and that his mettle would shine elsewhere. Alas, was I wrong! Ironically his resume really wows, what a waste.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 11:49:57 PM »
These men have security of tenure so they don't have to listen to anyone. With sterling careers, international reputations. Must be the quick cash that beats them. A corrupt AG or DPP - seriously powerful jobs - is bound to retire with loads of billions. You can smell it on Wako who has retired into the Senate. Unlike other idiots who are now clamoring for governor, Wako knew the Senate is toothless and is content to be there.

Robina

I agree

Many of these people have seen their careers come to a rapid sunset because of working with regimes like Uhuru Kenyatta's. In this global world who would not read about Githu Muigai's role as Consigliere for the Kenyatta mafia? How then would such a person vote to give him a serious job unless he was out to recruit a loyal poodle who would bend the law to suit his master?

Amos Wako had a wonderful career and a promising international role. Then Moi happened and he became Kibaki's adviser on how not to pass the new constitution. The bastard actually received orders from Kiraitu Murungi to write a constitution that would get Kibaki re-elected and he did and wanted us to vote for it

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2017, 01:36:51 AM »
These men have security of tenure so they don't have to listen to anyone. With sterling careers, international reputations. Must be the quick cash that beats them. A corrupt AG or DPP - seriously powerful jobs - is bound to retire with loads of billions. You can smell it on Wako who has retired into the Senate. Unlike other idiots who are now clamoring for governor, Wako knew the Senate is toothless and is content to be there.

They certainly could do a lot better ... but, looking at what it must look like from the other side: At the end of the day, it has to do with what Kenyans want.     For the most part---that is unless they are getting some serious shafting, Moi style---they are mostly content with "our man!" and "eating" and getting "sponsored" ....  Perhaps fair enough: as a general rule, the rabble is good for cannon fodder in "the revolution", but that's it; by definition, they cannot lead. (I am hard-pressed to think of any "people's revolution" that actually succeeded without "topP leadership.)

Now, if the people at the top---the so-called leaders---have other priorities, and the rabble are preoccupied with their rabble business---e.g., suffering and starving while surfing the web on the toddler's tablet---what's a person in the middle to do?   Do the right thing and get it from both sides?   Depending on the stage of life, it might be hard to resist the temptation to "retire on the job".  That is what Wako is doing in the Senate; Tobiko is in a slightly different position, because he has to show signs of life ... daily cases to be prosecuted or allegedly prosecuted, etc. But signs of live and actually living, let alone doing the right thing in life, are quite different.

There is now a lot of excitement about the IEBC.   All of it has to do with the counting of votes and the declaration of eaters winners.   But a major part of the IEBC's mandate is "voter education".   Has anyone---IEBC, Government, Opposition, ...---shown any real effort, of even just concern, in that direction at any time in the last 5 years?

Perhaps we should just accept that most Kenyans actually have few problems with things as they are.   Yes, when (think Aug 8th) there are new openings for the "eating", there will be a certain amount of jockeying-for-position, and, inevitably that will generate a great deal of excitement, but that's about it.   Nor should it be surprising that much of this excitement comes rather later in the day and intensifies as "D-Day" gets closer ... but a "plus" is  that the "preliminary mayhem" is not what it used to be. 

A CS loses her job because of excessive theft in her watch?   Well, then, the next step is  (with the support of the "our people") to run for high political office.   An escaped-convict manages, by way of handouts, to worm his way into some political office?  Well, then, the next step is surely higher political office. We are a country of thieves and scoundrels and what-not, from the lowest level to the highest.  Here's an "exercise" I suggest, and I have done it so I know the results: use Google (!) or whatever to look at "Kenya News".   For any given year, count the number of weeks without some serious stuff on theft and all sorts of corruption.) 

Now, here we are.  June 2017.   All sorts of "appropriate" representatives of the aforementioned  state of things are lining up all sorts of political office, but apparently there is not a single one of them that can be barred (as per the laws of the land) on the basis of questionable character, dodgy integrity, etc.  All are safi kama pamba.   

I see don't see much fundamental change in Kenya until the people decide that they want it.  Historically that has required a certain amount of savagery, e.g. Moi beating the crap out of them.    We have, relatively, done well with the new Constitution, but (after the initial round) that required the mayhem of the PEV.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 10:11:56 AM »
The heroes are dead MOON Ki. The last of the endangered species I think are Omtatah and Boniface Mwangi, he of the "MPigs" no-tax-exemption fame. We still desperately need those even while courting the enterprising fortune-building breed. I think passage of the new constitution made the change agents take a recess in the misjudgment Sinai is Caanan.