Author Topic: Wavinya Ndeti disqualified for belonging to two parties after Muthama appeal  (Read 3431 times)

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
That leaves the race for Dr Mutua to romp back home again --maybe Kiala?

Last time it was Muthama finding himself on wrong end when MPs passed degree requirement in last minute - gifting Dr Mutua the seat.

Offline patel

• Enigma
what does this mean for kababa nakamba aka ababu namwamba?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Jubilee games that are going nowhere:
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline patel

• Enigma
Thanks for update. mind to post one for Ababu Namwamba
Jubilee games that are going nowhere:

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
She should have joined wiper 3 months to nomination. Muthama is not jubilee omollo.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
The High Court has the last word on this matter. Pundit should not celebrate too early.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
The High Court has the last word on this matter. Pundit should not celebrate too early.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
Looked like she is cooked - she was signing CCU papers while having "defected"

Facts are stubborn and as a matter of fact, it will be very difficult for any appeal to succeed given the existence of a written agreement between CCU and Wiper democratic Party dated 24/4/2017 seeking to say that both Parties have agreed that Hon. Wavinya Ndeti would by all means be the Wiper democratic Party candidate in the forth Coming general elections. That agreement not only prejudiced and infridged on the rights of any other interested gubernatorial candidates on Wiper democratic party but did so on the rights of any other gubernatorial candidates for CCU party the result of which was massive rigging witnessed in favour of Honourable Wavinya Ndeti during the nominations , which two nominations were subsequently annulled by the Political Parties Tribunal.

Instead of taking those two warning signs seriously and embark on serious negotiations that would see the Wiper house put in order and ensure all interested Parties are accommodated in a manner that they feel part and parcel, Wiper leadership trushed the two Court findings and went ahead unfettered to provocatively and with impunity propose the name of Hon.Wavinya Ndeti as their final candidate without due consultations whatsoever !!!.

Having said that, there is also the issue of a recent Court order dated 17 th of May 2017 from the High Court sitting at Nakuru that was obtained by deciet and failure to disclose material facts to the trial Court to the effect that Hon. Wavinya Ndeti is no longer a member of CCU Party. The Court order is to the effect that the Court recognises the CCU Party wing of Hon. Wavinya Ndeti as the legitimate leaders of CCU as the case revolved around the party ownership where there were two feuding wings of CCU Party.

That this was the Court order used to bar CCU candidates of the other wing from being accepted by IEBC and that the only candidates who were recognised by IEBC were those from Hon. Wavinya Ndeti wing. Before the Court orders were issued, Hon. Wavinya Ndeti and CCU Party were duty bound in-law to disclose material facts to the trial Court to the effect that Hon. Wavinya Ndeti had since ceased to be a member of CCU Party which they did not do, thus , the said Court orders were obtained by deciet and thus they can equally be challenged in Court.

Hon. Wavinya Ndeti meanwhile proceeded to sign nomination certificates for CCU nominated aspirants of her wing despite having resigned from CCU Party which makes even the said nomination certificates of all the other CCU aspirants a nullity in law should they be challenged.
In short, impunity continues to reign in both Wiper democratic Party and CCU Party.

Fidelity to the rule of law should never be the exception but should be the norm. Which ever way, Hon. Wavinya Ndeti will find herself in the fix.

I said from the on start that Wiper democratic Party and Hon. Wavinya Ndeti ought to have foreseen the eminent danger and desist from dealing with trivities and futile excercises and stop adopting antagonistic approaches and put their house in order and embrace Hon. Bernard Kiala so that at the end of the day, all interested parties are accommodated.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
Ms. Ndeti is being disqualified on the grounds that "she belongs to two parties". She can prove that she resigned from her party and notified the Registrar, who issued a receipt to acknowledge.

Now whether she is qualified to be a gubernatorial nominee for her new party is not mentioned in her disqualification.

Let me make it clear I do not support her or her tactics. I think she has acted badly and I have stated that I suspect her intentions of seeking office are no different from those Mutua had in 2013. Going by what she has previously done, the deals she made with Jubilee etc, I think Kalonzo should have listened to Muthama.

However the decision to bar her on alleged double membership is silly and I insist typical of Jubilee. Muthama is not Jubilee but then whoever resisted fishing in troubled waters? Certainly not a bear, which is known to directly contribute to the troubles upstream before running downstream to fish!
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Reminds one of Diana Kethi Kilonzo.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yeah IEBC=Jubilee=Muthama. I am seeing you're already setting grounds for next 4 yrs of "we were rigged".

The tribunal further heard that Ndeti became a member of Wiper on April 6, a day after the defection deadline, and that her nomination was irregular and unlawful.

I hope Kalonzo himself defected from Wiper before running as ODM candidate :)

Ms. Ndeti is being disqualified on the grounds that "she belongs to two parties". She can prove that she resigned from her party and notified the Registrar, who issued a receipt to acknowledge.

Now whether she is qualified to be a gubernatorial nominee for her new party is not mentioned in her disqualification.

Let me make it clear I do not support her or her tactics. I think she has acted badly and I have stated that I suspect her intentions of seeking office are no different from those Mutua had in 2013. Going by what she has previously done, the deals she made with Jubilee etc, I think Kalonzo should have listened to Muthama.

However the decision to bar her on alleged double membership is silly and I insist typical of Jubilee. Muthama is not Jubilee but then whoever resisted fishing in troubled waters? Certainly not a bear, which is known to directly contribute to the troubles upstream before running downstream to fish!

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
I hope Wavinya doesn't engage in fraud in desperate attempt to back-date his resignation - I am sure she learnt from Kethi.
Reminds one of Diana Kethi Kilonzo.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
Kethi was given the vote by Isaac Hassan personally.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Wavinya gets temporary reprieve from High Court... IEBC ordered to include her name in voting materials.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
These technicalities are the tricks that Moi relied upon under the One-Party state.

Candidates must arrive before 12Noon. The DC appears at 1Pm with the name of the sole candidate.
The Name must be spelled "properly"on all the documents: The clerk who receives the deposit misspells your name
The Chief turns up to protest that you have been living in Nairobi, therefore not a resident

Eventually party hopping will return as it is a clear violation of the freedom of association. The IEBC suffers no prejudice and I see nobody else who suffers any pain because of party hopping

MPs and the courts allow themselves umalaya. But then when it comes to contesting elections suddenly the rules are tightened.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
For a moment there it's almost as if IEBC is awake.  They seem well equipped to discover double party registration - even non-existent ones.  Yet somehow they have never discovered Wetangula's election offences which were broadcast all over the world by the media.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
For a moment there it's almost as if IEBC is awake.  They seem well equipped to discover double party registration - even non-existent ones.  Yet somehow they have never discovered Wetangula's election offences which were broadcast all over the world by the media.
The matter came before the IEBC and was dismissed.

The reason was simple: The IEBC had cleared Wetangula to run in the by election. Had they annulled his voters card, the high court would have restored it. In other words one cannot be qualified today and then unqualified tomorrow with no new information or developments.

The problem with the IEBC is corruption. I believe Wetangula bribed them just like he did the entire parliament.

That said, the judgement was faulty. The Judge could have taken action against him instead of passing the back. Once he passed the back, others did the same - only they took cash first.

We live in a terrible world. Right now I just think NASA with Raila at the helm is the lesser of the evils. However the day Raila leaves, we return to the chaos.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
Odunga saves her as expected.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
Odunga saves her as expected.
was there a case in the first place?

If Odunga is pro NASA why did he also "save" Kihika Kimani's daughter?

The basic principle in election issues pundit is "no technicalities". Politicians love to throw technicalities in front of others and when courts fall for those they effectively limit democracy by becoming instruments of the crooked politicians. As much as possible the matter shall go to the people to decide.

That is why I never uttered a word when Uhuru and Ruto were allowed to run for office despite the ICC manenos. I have advocated for the removal of all charges for candidates, removal of persons to second or support candidacy and remove all other restrictions including the requirements for one to be a voter. But some of these would be strange to a man like you who has lately lost his values and become a party activist.