Author Topic: Destruction of Mau water catchment and current drought situation  (Read 1437 times)

Offline patel

• Enigma
Raila was at the forefront warning Kenyans what destruction of Mau water catchment area and destruction of forest meant. Raila did his best and in 2012 and 2013 rivers and lakes were overflowing but we all know the price Raila paid for his efforts to save the environment. DP Ruto, Balala and kalenjin politicians used Mau as a political wedge issue telling Kenyans rain came from the sky and not trees. (some here bragged how they had bought acres of mau forest at throw away price).....No trees, no water catchment areas, no water towers equals no rain. No rain equals no rivers and dry lakes. no rain equals drought. drought means shortage of agricultural products. Now, we can blame the current economic situation on drought but let us be bold and courageous enough to call out those who mislead people, destroyed Mau and caused all this pain Kenyans are going through. When there is no vision from those in power,  people perish.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Destruction of Mau water catchment and current drought situation
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 10:21:06 PM »
You are saying this as if people in Kenya, including Raila, value the environment.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline patel

• Enigma
Re: Destruction of Mau water catchment and current drought situation
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »
I get your point but the point I was aiming at is exposing Jubilee hypocrisy when it comes to current drought situation.
They are quick to blame everything and everyone forgetting their past action.

You are saying this as if people in Kenya, including Raila, value the environment.