Author Topic: Jubilee nomination in Kalenjin - lots of young men & women - very progressive  (Read 3788 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I am seeing a lot of young men under 40s being elected or re-elected and lots of women. This what happens when you allow people the freedom to chooses & eschew political violence. If Buzeki wins - we will have 3 under 40s governors with Nandi's Sen Sang being 33 - Tolgos re-elected (36) - and Buzeki (38?). Then Joyce definitely becoming govenor.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
That is good for RV. How did Buzeki become so rich at such a young age? I thought he was in his late 40s

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
His sister who was married to Mzungu who owned kilifi dairied I think was jailed for 20yrs and he took over Kilifi - then bought trucks - then molo milk - which kenyatta bought for 1B kshs - and now he has more than 1000 trucks. Also he might have got money from Ruto.
That is good for RV. How did Buzeki become so rich at such a young age? I thought he was in his late 40s

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
I could be wrong but I think Buzeki bought molo dairy from Franklin Bett.
In jubilee strong hold it has been a bloodbath for all incumbents from MCA to governors. This is a good thing we need serious performers who can shift young people from rural areas to county towns where they get good jobs as a result of increased productivity in rural areas.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
In the meantime even Jubilee voting in progressives like Mama NYS Anne Waiguru :D :D :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Right but he started from Kilifi dairies - then bought Franklin's Molo & really marketed it -managing to flip it to kenyattas for cool 1Bshs - which he used to buy 1000 trucks - which works mostly for brookside & bamburi. Buzeki is serious business man. Him & Chepkwony of who started Simu ya Jamii contraption then Kass/Jamii telcom/jamii millers...are few kalenjin billionaires who've made in business.

Yeah it's a blood-bath. The good thing it's running smoothly. Tuju had screwed and William Ruto is now in charge.

In jubilee strong hold it has been a bloodbath for all incumbents from MCA to governors. This is a good thing we need serious performers who can shift young people from rural areas to county towns where they get good jobs as a result of increased productivity in rural areas.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma

It all dependents on how he made his monies. If he stole like WSR, on his way up then age is not relevant. Young people  and women are usually disadvantaged because they do not have money and the name recognition and therefore its a big deal when they win. Also, young people are idealistic.  When young people are non-idealistic and have tones of money from questionable sources then there winning makes no difference.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Right but he started from Kilifi dairies - then bought Franklin's Molo & really marketed it -managing to flip it to kenyattas for cool 1Bshs - which he used to buy 1000 trucks - which works mostly for brookside & bamburi. Buzeki is serious business man. Him & Chepkwony of who started Simu ya Jamii contraption then Kass/Jamii telcom/jamii millers...are few kalenjin billionaires who've made in business.

Yeah it's a blood-bath. The good thing it's running smoothly. Tuju had screwed and William Ruto is now in charge.

I didn't know buzeki was that young. Chepkwony is truly a serious businessman. Diversifying into food processing like milling is a good idea. I thought  he'd go for telekom kenya but I know the unions and opposition would have made a great deal about it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Buzeki was in Mangu high in 93 or so - and was expelled to Kapngentuny local school and I think finished high school in 1995 - then went to Mombasa -hawked milk for some time - and then started working for Kilifi dairies in 98.Chepkwony basically "invented" Simu ya Jamii in 2002 while working as Telcom Engineer for Telkoms - then entered a airtime sharing deal with Safaricom and whoever bought that contraption - and the rest is history. When they first show him with simu ya jamii thing he was so tiny :). That is why the Jamii name is important to him.
I didn't know buzeki was that young. Chepkwony is truly a serious businessman. Diversifying into food processing like milling is a good idea. I thought  he'd go for telekom kenya but I know the unions and opposition would have made a great deal about it.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
paul sang of nandi is an impressive guy. Being able to floor kosgey, langat and former agriculture cs. And he's all 33yrs old? Hopefully he can manage Nandi better and modernise towns like kapsabet. Even alfred keter survived, the youth movement in Rift valley is real.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Stephen Sang - he was youngest senator - until Kericho elected the 27yr old who also joined 27 yr old Uasin gishu while Murkomen of EMC was 32 or about. Sang is a good orator & strategist - not as smart as Murkomen though.The thing with kalenjin is that it has never really had kings or say chiefs - all people are equal - moi really tried to mess this up by elevating certain families - but post-moi - everyone is being judged on their own merit. In 70s - nandis elected 21 year old young girl Mutai to replace Seroney - whom people though was killed by Moi. That was ultimate madharau to MOI.
paul sang of nandi is an impressive guy. Being able to floor kosgey, langat and former agriculture cs. And he's all 33yrs old? Hopefully he can manage Nandi better and modernise towns like kapsabet. Even alfred keter survived, the youth movement in Rift valley is real.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
r Gitari has garnered 37,632 votes in the three constituencies while Ms Waiguru is second with 33,233 votes. Mr Ndathi is third with 6,217 votes.

Mr Ndathi disputed the results claiming that the nominations were marred with irregularities.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
If Waiguru can even get 33k shows how corrupt Kenyans have become.

r Gitari has garnered 37,632 votes in the three constituencies while Ms Waiguru is second with 33,233 votes. Mr Ndathi is third with 6,217 votes.

Mr Ndathi disputed the results claiming that the nominations were marred with irregularities.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
You mean Chelagat Mutai?

If it is her, it was the familiar supremacy war between Moi and Seroney. Moi lost but then made sure the girl was expelled from university and later jailed so his own crony could take over. She was first elected in 1974 and again in 79. Kenyatta was content to let Seroney shake Moi. So Chelagat could get in trouble with Moi's friend - Njonjo - but never anything serious until Moi came to power and decided to cut Seroney to size.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000087990/what-broke-chelagat-mutai-s-spirit-and-drove-her-deep-into-despair

Stephen Sang - he was youngest senator - until Kericho elected the 27yr old who also joined 27 yr old Uasin gishu while Murkomen of EMC was 32 or about. Sang is a good orator & strategist - not as smart as Murkomen though.The thing with kalenjin is that it has never really had kings or say chiefs - all people are equal - moi really tried to mess this up by elevating certain families - but post-moi - everyone is being judged on their own merit. In 70s - nandis elected 21 year old young girl Mutai to replace Seroney - whom people though was killed by Moi. That was ultimate madharau to MOI.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Is Buzeki the hustler's project?  If that is the case, the hustler's grip on Uasin Gishu might not be as advertized.  Mandingo has given it to him up his rectum.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
At least Jubilee may end up with 3 women governors - Laboso, Waiguru and hopefully Mbarire. In Wiper let us see how Ngilu does but I don't see her as a representative of anything transformational. Waiguru despite NYS stain is a performer with a good track record.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
At least Jubilee may end up with 3 women governors - Laboso, Waiguru and hopefully Mbarire. In Wiper let us see how Ngilu does but I don't see her as a representative of anything transformational. Waiguru despite NYS stain is a performer with a good track record.
Unless something changes cecily mbarire is currently trailing wambora badly.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
So refreshing. Looks Moi vanquished older generation politicians or would be politicians. Such a blessing in disguise.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kiptoiyot of Kericho wins AGAIN against Franklin Bett. And is just 30 or less years.