Author Topic: Bandits OverPower KDF in Kenya  (Read 3647 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Bandits OverPower KDF in Kenya
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:26:02 PM »
How can there be a policy of shooting livestock implemented by the Police?
Pokot bandits are right now burning Mukutan Retreat on Laikipia Nature Conservancy.

This is revenge for operations on LNC which allegedly involved police officers shooting of invaders' cattle - a charge denied by IG Boinnet but confirmed by witnesses.

More on this: Security forces did not kill cattle in Laikipia - IG Boinnet

Landowners in Laikipia have been repeatedly left alone to face the anger of raiders as police officers move on after allegedly shooting the cattle of invaders.

The ranchers have nothing to do with this strategy because they know it inflames more violence.

The burning of houses on Sosian lodge and the murder of Tristan Voorspuy happened after police targeted cattle instead of going after heavily armed militias.

More on this: Voice from the grave: Tristan Voorspuy puts Laikipia invasions into perspective

The invaders are streaming in from Kaptuya, the power base of Churo/Amaya MCA Thomas Minito. Minito has been termed a militant MCA and was allegedly seen whipping up trespassers today.

Residents have accused him of instigating much of the violence across Western Laikipia in recent months with two other Pokot and Samburu MPs.

The ward representative once cited a boundary dispute with the Ilchamus and asked leaders to address this for peace to be achieved.

Pokot invaders attacked an LNC camp at Engelesha three days ago, looting a manager's house and burning a large tractor.

Reports say the attackers aim to burn whatever they can on the conservancy.

The invaders have also threatened to attack the police station at Ol Moran. They want to fight the government because they defy orders to move out of private lands which they have overrun violently in recent months.

Seven out of 30 tourism lodges in Laikipia have closed since Christmas due to violent attacks. Mukutan is the second tourism lodge to be burned by attackers in January.

Many homes, including those of smallholders and the poor, have also been burned.

Thousands have been displaced and some 30 people have been murdered.

Four thousand jobs and billions in taxes depend on the Laikipia tourism businesses that are now in ruins.

Farmers in the county have asked the government to intensify the disarmament of illegal firearm holders in northern Kenya.

The exercise started last month after herders shot Laikipia West OCPD Merengo Moherai in the chest when he led an operation to recover animals stolen from Kifuku ranch.

Various estimates place the number of illegal firearms in Baringo, Isiolo, Samburu and other counties neighbouring Laikipia at 25,000, mostly in the hands of pastoralists.

The association said in February that it wants a special prosecution unit and a mobile court set up for speedy action against illegal trespassers.

More on this: Mop up illegal guns, Laikipia farmers tell state
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/03/29/pokot-bandits-burn-laikipias-mukutan-retreat-in-revenge-on-police_c1534531?platform=hootsuite

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Bandits OverPower KDF in Kenya
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »
Thousands of people who depend on these jobs have been left with nothing.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:59:50 PM »
Not to worry.   We are winning the war against Al Kebab and also making from charcoal and sugar in Somalia.  Therefore, the government has solved all security problems.    Chalk one for Jubilee.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 12:37:42 PM »
Al Shabaab Attacks if they were genuine coincided with the pressure on the ICC to allow Uhuru to stay home to take care of the country. We now have sponsored lawlessness in an ever expanding area of Kenya.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 01:04:12 PM »
Pokots are no joke.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
This problem need to be sorted quickly otherwise the mt. kenya tourist circuit will collapse.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »
Pokots are no joke.
I am guessing "everybody" knows this. I was once woken up at night to start the long trek from Kapenguria to Kitale. In our convoy were GSU. We were all running away from marching Pokots. They sent word that the GSU should clear out or die.

They took a little over three weeks to move the loot they had plundered in Uganda and then we could go back. So why the bravado about sending reserves? The Pokots see Tugen reservists as nothing but Tugens period.

I still want to know : Why are the police shooting the animals?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 01:26:04 PM »
The pokot question is difficult one. British tried for more than 50yrs but could never could pacify the Pokot. Kenyatta tried with his Ngoroko and he failed. Moi was even more ruthless and send military expedition every year with some very devastating onces in 80s that forced Pokots to move to Uganda but they couldn't pacify pokots. KDF have been in Pokot since 2013/14 but they simply failed. Now they are going "again" just to appease the British Gov - after Pokot extended their "madness" to Laikipia.

Pokots are without doubt one of toughest human beings alive.They make equally toughned tribes of Northern Kenya - Samburus, Maasai, Tugens, Marakwet and Turkana - cry like babies at sound of Pokot.

Here they are celebrating

Armed to the teeth, well adapted to their rough terrain and simply stoic - it will take a long time to tame & pacify pokot.

Pokots are no joke.
I am guessing "everybody" knows this. I was once woken up at night to start the long trek from Kapenguria to Kitale. In our convoy were GSU. We were all running away from marching Pokots. They sent word that the GSU should clear out or die.

They took a little over three weeks to move the loot they had plundered in Uganda and then we could go back. So why the bravado about sending reserves? The Pokots see Tugen reservists as nothing but Tugens period.

[/quote]

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 01:30:23 PM »
Why should we appease the British Government
The pokot question is difficult one. British tried for more than 50yrs but could never could pacify the Pokot. Kenyatta tried with his Ngoroko and he failed. Moi was even more ruthless and send military expedition every year with some very devastating onces in 80s that forced Pokots to move to Uganda but they couldn't pacify pokots. KDF have been in Pokot since 2013/14 but they simply failed. Now they are going "again" just to appease the British Gov - after Pokot extended their "madness" to Laikipia.

Pokots are without doubt one of toughest human beings alive.They make equally toughned tribes of Northern Kenya - Samburus, Maasai, Tugens, Marakwet and Turkana - cry like babies at sound of Pokot.

Armed to the teeth, well adapted to their rough terrain and simply stoic - it will take a long time to tame & pacify pokot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 01:36:35 PM »
Gov they are our most important ally.After dead of dual Brit-Kenyan in Laikipia - the British Foreign Minister jetted to Nairobi on next available flight and Uhuru had to send KDF.I think solution to Pokot problem is have KDF stationed there permanently  - and to really build schools down there. This guerrilla war of attrition.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 01:50:03 PM »
So the tough anti Western policy is undergoing perestroika and glasnost?

Gov they are our most important ally.After dead of dual Brit-Kenyan in Laikipia - the British Foreign Minister jetted to Nairobi on next available flight and Uhuru had to send KDF.I think solution to Pokot problem is have KDF stationed there permanently  - and to really build schools down there. This guerrilla war of attrition.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 02:23:26 PM »
They now know their place. That is why they send Foreign Secretary - not some little pesky Ambassador. Kenya under UhuRuto is standing proud as independent and sovereign nation.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »
Really? Jubilee people like to take credit for the rising sun and seasonal rains.

I think you see what you want to see.

Boris Johnson Did not come to Africa just because of the murdered white man. That is myopic.

1. He took the trip to sanitize his well know racist and bigoted views about Africa
2. He followed a track well beaten by past FS

There was no white man killed in Gambia? Or in Ghana?  Somalia
They now know their place. That is why they send Foreign Secretary - not some little pesky Ambassador. Kenya under UhuRuto is standing proud as independent and sovereign nation.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 04:08:13 PM »
They now know their place.

You also wrote that:

Now they are going "again" just to appease the British Gov - after Pokot extended their "madness" to Laikipia.

It doesn't look like it's the British who know their place. 

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 05:29:22 PM »
This is now all over twitterverse.  I don't even know if anyone was killed.  If they had cleaned out 2,000 natives you would not hear a peep about it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 05:56:58 PM »

If they are firing live rounds, it would mean they have plenty of ammunition to waste.  Where do they get the weapons?  Do they have cross border allies - maybe Toposas or Mursi - that supply them?  They seem cheaper than food over there.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 06:43:42 PM »
hahaha
They now know their place.

You also wrote that:

Now they are going "again" just to appease the British Gov - after Pokot extended their "madness" to Laikipia.

It doesn't look like it's the British who know their place. 

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 06:58:03 PM »

We have been sending urgent pleas to the "international community" to save us from starvation.   It is hardly the time to be tough.

I suspect  that we are largely seen as silly children, whose tantrums are tolerated by indulgent parents: eventually, the kids calm down and come begging for the basics.    A real shame after 50+ years of "independent, equal, and sovereign".

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 05:43:21 PM »
The comical part of all this is Pundit saying we have put the spirits in their place. Then a lone abandoned spirit dies and I am thinking we have nothing to worry about. In the past there would punitary expeditions, internments, EJK, etc.

But apparently The Spirits missed the memo on staying the their place.

They promptly dispatch their minister for Former Colonies. He waves his wand and before he completes saying Hopus Pocus and  abracadabra .... a sacrifice is ordered! KDF ordered to deliver a certain number of souls, kill animals and expel the "bandits". The Tough Guys salute and give repeat the order.

In the meantime, Squealer takes to the waves to deny there were any orders... just an appeasement.

We have been sending urgent pleas to the "international community" to save us from starvation.   It is hardly the time to be tough.

I suspect  that we are largely seen as silly children, whose tantrums are tolerated by indulgent parents: eventually, the kids calm down and come begging for the basics.    A real shame after 50+ years of "independent, equal, and sovereign".