Author Topic: Kabura Blames Waiguru  (Read 7569 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Kabura Blames Waiguru
« on: November 02, 2016, 04:14:43 PM »
Kabura basically admitted last year in an affidavit that she was part of a criminal enterprise.  Why hasn't DPP put her away?  Legal minds, please explain this in a way a child can understand.

An evasive Josephine Kabura, chief conduit in the Sh791 NYS scandal, yesterday told MPs former Devolution CS Anne Waiguru helped her secure multi-million tenders through single sourcing.

Kabura was declared a hostile witness who testified under threat of arrest.

She once again named Waiguru as the architect of the scam who knew what was going on all along and misled police when they started investigating.

Kabura was interrogated for about nine hours, four of them in camera at her request. She said she feared for her life if some of her revelations were made public. That hearing ended at 6.30pm.

She had a hard time explaining how she moved Sh100 million in cash and said it was easy, she carried it in sacks and went back and for to cars.

Kabura also had difficulty explaining in public how her 20 companies, which were not pre-qualified, so easily won major tenders, how she got start-up capital, why she had so many companies, how much money she delivered and to whom.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/11/02/cs-waiguru-helped-me-at-nys-kabura_c1448183
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Kabura Blames Waiguru
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »
Kabura has a case in court. Like the Goldenberg case, this one will be in court for the next 30 years. Most likely it is only Kabura who os in her early 30s, who will survive to get the non prosequi from the DPP.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 05:20:01 PM »
Kabura basically admitted last year in an affidavit that she was part of a criminal enterprise.  Why hasn't DPP put her away?  Legal minds, please explain this in a way a child can understand.

Legal can't minds can't help here. What's playing out supersedes legality.

The DPP knows which side of the bread is buttered.

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 06:44:42 PM »
This reinforces my conviction that outsourcing the entire process(identifying, investigation, prosecution, judgment, imprisonment) is the only viable option.  The payments can be in the form of a commission of the recovered proceeds.  The Kenyan can then focus on more important matters.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 07:08:54 PM »
This reinforces my conviction that outsourcing the entire process(identifying, investigation, prosecution, judgment, imprisonment) is the only viable option.  The payments can be in the form of a commission of the recovered proceeds.  The Kenyan can then focus on more important matters.

Yeah, but who does the outsourcing?

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 07:23:11 PM »

Jersey perhaps?  UK?  Just a thought.  For sure, any part that can be controlled by the Kenyan looting elite simply becomes the weak point at which the whole process comes to a grinding halt.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 07:26:21 PM »

Outsourcing would be "suicidal" for some---those who would have to authorize it.  So it will never happen as things stand right now.  Given  that the "leaders" have, for "good" reasons of their own gone, AWOL, change will have to start with the opposite of this:

Less than 20 people marched to Afya House from Milimani law courts in Nairobi on Wednesday morning carrying pig heads and rats symbolising officials who allegedly stole the money.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/11/02/only-20-kenyans-turn-up-for-health-scam-protest_c1448532

Otherwise, as long as the wananchi  keep bending over, they should hardly be surprised by the continuing delivery of tarimbo.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 07:57:08 PM »

Outsourcing would be "suicidal" for some---those who would have to authorize it.  So it will never happen as things stand right now.  Given  that the "leaders" have, for "good" reasons of their own gone, AWOL, change will have to start with the opposite of this:

Less than 20 people marched to Afya House from Milimani law courts in Nairobi on Wednesday morning carrying pig heads and rats symbolising officials who allegedly stole the money.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/11/02/only-20-kenyans-turn-up-for-health-scam-protest_c1448532

Otherwise, as long as the wananchi  keep bending over, they should hardly be surprised by the continuing delivery of tarimbo.   

Yep.  Won't happen.  Sovereignty yada yada...But it's the only option...there is no case I can think of in history where a looting elite just woke one morning and quit looting because we are now rich as has been suggested here before.

Meanwhile in the South the courts appear to be at least trying to fight back against a sustained onslaught.  It remains to be seen whether ANC will wake up or ramp its Africanization program.

A potentially explosive report into corruption allegations against President Jacob Zuma must be released on Wednesday, a South African court has ruled, after his lawyers dropped a bid to block its publication.

The court's order came as thousands of people took to the streets of the administrative capital Pretoria to demand that Zuma resigns.

The report by the Public Protector, the country's most senior watchdog, probed accusations that Zuma allowed a wealthy Indian family undue political sway, including letting them choose some cabinet ministers.

"The Public Protector is ordered to publish the report forthwith and by no later than 17:00 hours (15:00 GMT)," judge Dunstan Mlambo told the High Court in Pretoria.

Former public protector Thuli Madonsela concluded her report into the influence of the Gupta family last month, shortly before the expiry of her seven-year term.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/11/africa-zuma-drops-bid-block-graft-report-161102091840205.html

Harriet Tubman

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 08:07:50 PM »
Yep.  Won't happen.  Sovereignty yada yada...But it's the only option...there is no case I can think of in history where a looting elite just woke one morning and quit looting because we are now rich as has been suggested here before.

Oh, if it was only cash instead of power they were after things would be actually much better for the common wainanchi.

Change will only come from us and if it ain't handled very carefully, we'll just replace one set of hyenas with recycled hyenas...just like we did in 2002.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 08:15:30 PM »
Oh, if it was only cash instead of power they were after things would be actually much better for the common wainanchi.

Kenya is an extraordinary place.   People actually leave the private sector to go into the senior civil service or politics in order to get really rich.

Change will only come from us and if it ain't handled very carefully, we'll just replace one set of hyenas with recycled hyenas...just like we did in 2002.

The change will not come via "democracy", which in Kenya boils to "our man!".    It will have to be "the hard way", which is standard for the continent.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 08:48:30 PM »

An evasive Josephine Kabura, chief conduit in the Sh791 NYS scandal, yesterday told MPs former Devolution CS Anne Waiguru helped her secure multi-million tenders through single sourcing.

Kabura was declared a hostile witness who testified under threat of arrest.

She once again named Waiguru as the architect of the scam who knew what was going on all along and misled police when they started investigating.

Kabura was interrogated for about nine hours, four of them in camera at her request. She said she feared for her life if some of her revelations were made public. That hearing ended at 6.30pm.

She had a hard time explaining how she moved Sh100 million in cash and said it was easy, she carried it in sacks and went back and for to cars.

Kabura also had difficulty explaining in public how her 20 companies, which were not pre-qualified, so easily won major tenders, how she got start-up capital, why she had so many companies, how much money she delivered and to whom.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/11/02/cs-waiguru-helped-me-at-nys-kabura_c1448183

Ha ha ha!!
You are really naive. In Kenya you steal a goat -7yrs in jail. You steal a 1billion you'll be in court forever. Thats the way it works.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 10:57:14 AM »
Surprisingly Waiguru has no criminal case to answer. EACC need to charge her unless they are compromised. The evidence from parliament is overwhelming.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 12:04:54 PM »
Surprisingly Waiguru has no criminal case to answer. EACC need to charge her unless they are compromised. The evidence from parliament is overwhelming.

Even a second grader knows she has something to answer, but in Kenya she is untouchable. Even when the case goes to court it may take ten years to resolve. It's a depressing Kenya scene

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »
Why are you surprised?
Waiguru through her personal relationship with Uhuru is untouchable. Look how she has been implicated in the looting of NYS. Even her own PS disowned her and she is still free like a bird. She is literally holding Uhuru by the B.lls.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
I don't know IFMIS but from the little I gather, it sounds like a joke.  You almost want to flag and prevent transactions happening at certain speeds.  Perhaps buy time to alert an extra independent level of oversight(though we know these would be gamed without a question).  That delay could save some money, because in Kenya, once the money is gone, it's gone. 

were able to procure to pay in one day

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/similarities-between-audit-of-health-ministry-nys-stark/440808-3437814-wde1rq/index.html

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 06:01:33 PM »
I don't know IFMIS but from the little I gather, it sounds like a joke.  You almost want to flag and prevent transactions happening at certain speeds.  Perhaps buy time to alert an extra independent level of oversight(though we know these would be gamed without a question).  That delay could save some money, because in Kenya, once the money is gone, it's gone. 

were able to procure to pay in one day

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/similarities-between-audit-of-health-ministry-nys-stark/440808-3437814-wde1rq/index.html

The system only works as good as the administrators.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 06:43:09 PM »

"Flag" suggests notifying some person with the authority to  look into the intended transactions and stop them if necessary.   The problem here is that it is the "persons with authority" who are orchestrating the mischief.  Also,  delay is the last thing they want: approved in a day, into the bank, immediately withdrawn into a gunia is how it goes.

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »

"Flag" suggests notifying some person with the authority to  look into the intended transactions and stop them if necessary.   The problem here is that it is the "persons with authority" who are orchestrating the mischief.  Also,  delay is the last thing they want: approved in a day, into the bank, immediately withdrawn into a gunia is how it goes.

I am not a fan of technology solving what are essentially issues of character.  But even with that in mind, this technology could still use some serious upgrade - that delay being merely part of it.  It won't solve the problem, but it ought to be way harder to abuse the system.  The system described by Kisero sounds like...it should never have been adopted to begin with.

Part of that upgrade could just be a simple requirement for more eyes...get more institutions or a requirement for a diverse group to look at certain types of transactions.   When you have that, it's not impossible but just that little harder to steal.  When you are stealing you don't want too many people in the loop.

If you watched Mangiti yesterday, he seems to suggest that the precursor to the looting was Waiguru putting "her" people in the correct positions.  Mangiti was sidelined being a stranger.  So you want to have a system that requires more strangers to look at and approve before anything is released.  Again, I note technology while properly applied can add hoops, it will not solve the fundamental problem.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 09:55:08 PM »
A big chunk of the loot ends up with the "dynamic" duo to fuel Jubilee vehicles. The rest are details.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2016, 08:38:20 AM »
Look like Waiguru is desperately trying to deflect blame to WSR via Farouk Kibet when her fingerprints and footprints are all over the crime scene. You can't imagine she was the all powerful CS who transferred rugut through an SMS. Rugut is somebody that I know as person of great integrity.