Author Topic: Ouru omits Jaramogi and Raila from 1st and 2nd liberation  (Read 9915 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Ouru omits Jaramogi and Raila from 1st and 2nd liberation
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2016, 12:00:53 AM »
It is quite consistent. Some heroes attempted to fight corruption with Waiguru as a state witness.

http://m.news24.co.ke/Kenya/MyNews24/state-house-interferred-in-waigurus-corruption-case-20151118

Kamwana is innocent, so I am informed.  He declared it at the same meeting where he laughed at the Auditor General for doing his job - after kamwana has declared he has exhausted all avenues who does this Ouko fellow think he is?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2016, 12:50:56 AM »
It is quite consistent. Some heroes attempted to fight corruption with Waiguru as a state witness.

http://m.news24.co.ke/Kenya/MyNews24/state-house-interferred-in-waigurus-corruption-case-20151118

Kamwana is innocent, so I am informed.  He declared it at the same meeting where he laughed at the Auditor General for doing his job - after kamwana has declared he has exhausted all avenues who does this Ouko fellow think he is?

Kamwana has indeed declared his innocence :D.   Direct from His Excellency to The People:

President Uhuru Kenyatta yesterday clarified that Devolution Cabinet Secretary Anne Waiguru is neither a wife nor a girlfriend of his.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2015/11/17/waiguru-is-not-my-girlfriend-uhuru-declares_c1244055

Asali na sukari.

An old English phrase that is rarely used these days: "of soft and yielding flesh".   I don't know why that came to mind ...
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2016, 03:58:15 PM »
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2016, 04:13:09 PM »
Mombasa senator think uhuru ommitted their heroine Mekatilili
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/10/24/mbura-hits-at-uhuru-over-heroine-mekatilili-skip-in-mashujaa-speech_c1443347

The question of who is national hero should be left to PORK until parliament enact some law to determine who mashujaa is. Right now Uhuru has every right to recognise any mashujaa he think deserve it.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2016, 04:33:50 PM »
Like I told you before, you are wasting your time.  There are no subjective or objective national tests or standards or codification that will exclude Jaramogi and Raila as Mashujaa. They are in and you and Ouru are wasting our time and your time. I gave you the example of Mt. Kilimanjaro to make my point.  There is no definition of a Mountain that will exclude Mt. Kilimanjaro. Give it up.

Mombasa senator think uhuru ommitted their heroine Mekatilili
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/10/24/mbura-hits-at-uhuru-over-heroine-mekatilili-skip-in-mashujaa-speech_c1443347

The question of who is national hero should be left to PORK until parliament enact some law to determine who mashujaa is. Right now Uhuru has every right to recognise any mashujaa he think deserve it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 04:40:19 PM »
It no big deal to me and majority of kenyan including Uhuru who forget your dear leaders. They don't add ugali to anybody sufuria. You cannot force heros on anybody. I don't have to revere or respect your heros..and you don't have to mine.
Like I told you before, you are wasting your time.  There are no subjective or objective national tests or standards or codification that will exclude Jaramogi and Raila as Mashujaa. They are in and you and Ouru are wasting our time and your time. I gave you the example of Mt. Kilimanjaro to make my point.  There is no definition of a Mountain that will exclude Mt. Kilimanjaro. Give it up.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 08:31:55 PM »
There you go again, its not about your personal heroes.  Some people consider Lucifer their personal heroes and I am not about to have an argument with them.  We are talking about national heroes-Mashujaa day.  National heroes are not up to you and Ouru to pick.  Here is my point again for the umpteenth time: There is no National criteria that you can come up with that will exclude Raila, Tom Mboya and Jaramogi from "mashujaa". 

It no big deal to me and majority of kenyan including Uhuru who forget your dear leaders. They don't add ugali to anybody sufuria. You cannot force heros on anybody. I don't have to revere or respect your heros..and you don't have to mine.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2016, 10:45:16 PM »
I think we should forget about these old fellows and focus on those solving today's problems. Innovators, creators, top athletes, artists, doctors, etc. We can have a Walk of Fame or museum for independence/liberation heroes... 50yrs is enough hero worship.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2016, 03:48:52 PM »
Good ideas are not limited by age otherwise toddlers and teenagers would be the smartest people on earth.  You cannot ignore the life experience and the wisdom of the elderly.

I think we should forget about these old fellows and focus on those solving today's problems. Innovators, creators, top athletes, artists, doctors, etc. We can have a Walk of Fame or museum for independence/liberation heroes... 50yrs is enough hero worship.

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2016, 05:10:10 PM »
Good ideas are not limited by age otherwise toddlers and teenagers would be the smartest people on earth.  You cannot ignore the life experience and the wisdom of the elderly.

I think hero-worship in general is thoroughly misguided.  But it's also part of human nature.  I am a bit of a libertarian when it comes to that.  That said, I think wanjiku is the only hero I can point to in Kenya for putting up for 53 years with the gratuitously bad leadership. 

I would call the current crop of political leadership heroes if heroism is strictly restricted to the use of public positions to line your pockets.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2016, 09:11:26 PM »
The word hero worship is so misused in Kenya its lost its useful meaning other than. I have attacked ouru and Ruto several times but I think most of their supporters have legitimate reasons to support them and I would not refer to them as hero worshipers.

I think hero-worship in general is thoroughly misguided.  But it's also part of human nature.  I am a bit of a libertarian when it comes to that.  That said, I think wanjiku is the only hero I can point to in Kenya for putting up for 53 years with the gratuitously bad leadership. 

I would call the current crop of political leadership heroes if heroism is strictly restricted to the use of public positions to line your pockets.

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2016, 01:39:42 AM »
The word hero worship is so misused in Kenya its lost its useful meaning other than. I have attacked ouru and Ruto several times but I think most of their supporters have legitimate reasons to support them and I would not refer to them as hero worshipers.

They are their supporters tribal heroes.  The same largely applies to Raila and CORD's leadership.  The fact that each base is quite literally blind to each of their "our man's" very evident flaws is what makes hero-worship ring true.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2016, 05:10:56 PM »
I do not think the supporters of each side is blind to their leaders shortcoming.  Democracy is modeled after the adversarial legal system in the common law tradition, where two advocates represent their parties' positions before an impartial person or group of people, usually a jury or judge, who attempt to determine the truth of the case.  In this tradition, the advocate does not have to duel on the weaknesses of his client unless for strategic reasons.  In the end, the whole truth comes out because both side is able to bring about the strengths and the weaknesses of both sides and the judge or the jury is able to make an informed decision. Raila supporters know about Raila's weaknesses and they talk about it all the time amongst themselves.  I know this is true for Ouru and Ruto supporters.  Advocates in the adversarial system do the same.  They discuss with their clients the weaknesses of their case in private but it would be malpractice to do so in court.

They are their supporters tribal heroes.  The same largely applies to Raila and CORD's leadership.  The fact that each base is quite literally blind to each of their "our man's" very evident flaws is what makes hero-worship ring true.