Author Topic: Nairobi CBD is full of vehicles and noise  (Read 5316 times)

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Nairobi CBD is full of vehicles and noise
« on: October 19, 2016, 10:23:08 AM »
Something need to be done. It's a mess all over. Very little space left for "people" to move around.

I think Gikomba relocated to Nairobi CBD...

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Nairobi CBD is full of vehicles and noise
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 06:15:05 PM »
The whole country is so disorganized, its a slum.
Kericho used to be so nice but nowadays is a SLUM!!! No landuse planning. You can build next to a sewer and nobody will ask.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 06:59:18 PM »
If this can happen in State House, imagine whats happening elsewhere....
The idea of dumping raw sewer into river streams scares me, while NEMA looks on!!!

http://www.sde.co.ke/thenairobian/article/2000220521/state-house-sewage-is-stinking-up-kileleshwa

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 07:28:48 PM »
The idea of dumping raw sewer into river streams scares me, while NEMA looks on!!!

http://www.sde.co.ke/thenairobian/article/2000220521/state-house-sewage-is-stinking-up-kileleshwa

I always knew our presidents were full of it.  :D

NEMA isn't for protecting the environment. It's a money minting machine for gava.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »
I think it's many institutions that have failed. It is not enough to blame the county government or NEMA. Democracy and liberalism is killing everything...even if we vote in good leaders, laws will not allow them to take action against the people who go against laws.

Perhaps we need something like Adequate Public Facilities Ordinances (APFOs or Concurrency Regulations).
http://subregional.h-gac.com/toolbox/Implementation_Resources/Adequate_Facilities_Ordinances_Final.html

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 09:24:28 PM »
The whole country is so disorganized, its a slum.
Kericho used to be so nice but nowadays is a SLUM!!! No landuse planning. You can build next to a sewer and nobody will ask.

The University of Nairobi has a "Department of Urban and Regional Planning" that has been churning out graduates for more than 40 years, and the major cities and towns have had Planning departments for ages.   :D
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 02:11:42 AM »
Explain how democracy kills everything?
Perhaps if county govt was democratic enough to tell pple what is going on before structures are put up it will help. I mean Town hall meetings
My friend built a nice house near thika highway. Nearby kaplots go for 20mil. Problem is there is no tarmac road leading in to the place. He says that one day city govt will build one. Every time it rains, its a complete mess. Security is another thing because there are no street lights.

I think it's many institutions that have failed. It is not enough to blame the county government or NEMA. Democracy and liberalism is killing everything...even if we vote in good leaders, laws will not allow them to take action against the people who go against laws.

Perhaps we need something like Adequate Public Facilities Ordinances (APFOs or Concurrency Regulations).
http://subregional.h-gac.com/toolbox/Implementation_Resources/Adequate_Facilities_Ordinances_Final.html

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 03:20:05 PM »

state-house-sewage-is-stinking-up-kileleshwa = wrong headline

The headline of that story should have been "UHURU'S SHIT is stinking up Kileleshwa"
si media likes to sensationalize stuff

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 09:55:55 AM »
Perhaps if county govt was democratic enough to tell pple what is going on before structures are put up it will help. I mean Town hall meetings
My friend built a nice house near thika highway. Nearby kaplots go for 20mil. Problem is there is no tarmac road leading in to the place. He says that one day city govt will build one. Every time it rains, its a complete mess. Security is another thing because there are no street lights.

It's from what uhuru said few days ago. He blamed Kenyan problem on institutions and individuals who he cannot even fire when they misbehave. So it seems we have a liberal democracy that doesn't work.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 06:48:07 AM »

He wants dictatorship. We were in dictatorship rule from 1963 until 1992. Where are the fruits? Criticising an auditor general because he is doing his job is really low!!!
And then he turns around saying he is fighting corruption. My ass!!

It's from what uhuru said few days ago. He blamed Kenyan problem on institutions and individuals who he cannot even fire when they misbehave. So it seems we have a liberal democracy that doesn't work.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 11:56:50 PM »
Time for proper sewerage system, subway and other urban infrastructure. Subway is really needed for Nairobi, Msa, etc metropolis. We should milk the Chinese through concession while they remain liquid and benevolent.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »
not while kidero is the governor. nothing is going to happen.
Time for proper sewerage system, subway and other urban infrastructure. Subway is really needed for Nairobi, Msa, etc metropolis. We should milk the Chinese through concession while they remain liquid and benevolent.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 06:01:05 PM »

Kidero is not the problem.

Replacing him wouldn't change anything.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »
Replacing with mutua will change things for sure.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 07:43:22 PM »
Entrenched bureacracy that does not work, lack of clear objectives, mismanagement will not go away with Kidero. NRB is becoming a slum. When it rains drainage stops spewing raw sewer into the streets. These same streets are occupied by veggie vendors selling sewer drenched veggies to passerby. Buildings are everywhere. In case of emergency youll die very fast because roads that were designed in 1970s cant handle the ever increasing traffic. Smog has hit the city due to diesel powered vehicles, causing a significant rise in lund diseases for the very people who have little to no money to spare for the inflated health care costs. Only time will tell ...

Kidero is not the problem.

Replacing him wouldn't change anything.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 11:32:23 PM »
Replacing with mutua will change things for sure.

So we just replace him, eh?

That's the best solution we can come up with, eh?

Albert Einstein once said"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Ok, let's chuck him out next year and replace him with Mutua.

This time it will definitely work.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 08:11:03 AM »
So smart alec what do you think will work? Definitely Mutua and some governors have managed to get a lot done with the same or less than the useless Kidero has done.
So we just replace him, eh?

That's the best solution we can come up with, eh?

Albert Einstein once said"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Ok, let's chuck him out next year and replace him with Mutua.

This time it will definitely work.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 05:51:15 PM »
So smart alec what do you think will work? Definitely Mutua and some governors have managed to get a lot done with the same or less than the useless Kidero has done.

My handle's Empedocles, not Alec, so smart Empedocles, kapisch?

Exactly how many times have we changed the players in whatever ministry, council, etc., with banners and celebrations, saying this-and-that person is very good etc. yet nothing meaningful happens? Indeed, the same nasty "surprising" things keep on happening until we start screaming to change the players yet again.

Ever wonder why?

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 06:02:48 PM »
Talk specific things you want to see done and maybe I'll start to understand what you mean by "yet nothing meaningful happens". Mutua has delivered more than 30kms of tarmac road in 3 months...that is meaningful change. Gakuo delivered meaningful change. Jubilee street electrification and 10B dollar project by safaricom to roll smart cameras with number plate recognition is meaningful change that has reduce alshabaab and criminal activities in kenya.

Kidero doesn't seem to have done anything worth talking about - maybe automating parking payment (Deputy Governor project).

Define what you want and maybe we can help you.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 08:19:40 PM »
Jubilee street electrification and 10B dollar project by safaricom to roll smart cameras with number plate recognition is meaningful change that has reduce alshabaab and criminal activities in kenya.

Can you be more specific?     Al Kebab's has just reminded us of its presence; so we need not dwell on that one.   On "overall criminal activities in Kenya", the last figures I saw indicated an increase.     There were some types of crimes that showed a decrease, but I don't know how one would attribute that to "10B dollar project by safaricom to roll smart cameras with number plate recognition": You yourself have here expressed great pride in the number of watchmen in Kenya, and one imagines the industry might be growing because it is delivering.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.