Author Topic: Chinaman to the USA: This is our country. This is our airport  (Read 3571 times)

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Chinaman to the USA: This is our country. This is our airport
« on: September 04, 2016, 03:45:03 AM »
Shortly after Obama's plane landed in the eastern city of Hangzhou, a Chinese official attempted to prevent his national security adviser Susan Rice from walking to the motorcade as she crossed a media rope line, speaking angrily to her before a Secret Service agent stepped between the two.
Rice responded but her comments were inaudible to reporters standing underneath the wing of Air Force One. It was unclear if the official, whose name was not immediately clear, knew that Rice was a senior official and not a reporter.
The same official shouted at a White House press aide who was instructing foreign reporters on where to stand as they recorded Obama disembarking from the plane.
"This is our country. This is our airport," the official said in English, pointing and speaking angrily with the aide.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN1190AT

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Chinaman to the USA: This is our country. This is our airport
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 09:46:32 AM »
Time the yankees started respecting other countries.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 12:18:05 AM »
The USa is isolated after fighting both Russia and China. Post Brexit Britain is also looking to re-establish ties with russia.

Obama is cornered.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 03:24:55 PM »
The USa is isolated after fighting both Russia and China. Post Brexit Britain is also looking to re-establish ties with russia.

Obama is cornered.

Why?  Because of a (minor)protocol spat?  Are we really that ignorant?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 05:01:58 PM »

Obama is cornered.

I think there's so much tension behind the facade and that "mishap" (I actually believe chinese were attacking obama) was just a symptom. It was a moment that releaved some stress from the combatants.

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 05:25:06 PM »

Obama is cornered.

I think there's so much tension behind the facade and that "mishap" (I actually believe chinese were attacking obama) was just a symptom. It was a moment that releaved some stress from the combatants.

There may be tension.  But I think this was just a minor unrelated slip.  They happen all the time.  When Bush came to power, there was a collision between a US spy plane and a Chinese fighter plane; the Chinese held onto the US plane that had to crash land on their territory - that was a somewhat noteworthy incident.

There is a real issue with China in those disputed Pacific Islands.  Yet, to claim the US is isolated requires a re-purposing of the term.  Every country of any note in that region sides with the US on the question.

There is also an issue with Russia in the Ukraine.  Again, all the major countries with any weight side with the US.

What about Syria?  Russia on one side with Bashir and Iran.  The US on the other with what?  NATO?  How many countries in NATO?

Is the US facing challenges? Yes.  Isolated?  Nothing could be further from the truth.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 09:31:43 PM »
Small issue but prolly by design. The best thing China has done is to knock the US/West off their high horse. That said the US will remain the sole superpower for an eon I think.

♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 09:40:57 AM »
US long stopped being a superpower. See what Russia is doing in Ukraine and Syria. See what China is doing in the pacific sea and see what North Korea and Iran are doing. I would say now we don't have a superpower - US edge has been blunted. China is the next super-power.
Small issue but prolly by design. The best thing China has done is to knock the US/West off their high horse. That said the US will remain the sole superpower for an eon I think.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 08:50:45 PM »

I wonder how much of it simply due to hearing it from a Negro for too long. 

Harriet Tubman