Author Topic: What Can We Do To Make The Forum Debates More Robust And Active ?  (Read 5829 times)

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
How do folks expect the forum to be lively and active if they don't engage ? How do we expect new members to join if all they see is stagnation. There is too much apathy. For this forum to move forward we need the movers and shakers to up their game. For a start , 10 very active members posting at least twice daily is enough to fire up the forum and attract new members. - Termie , Pundit , Parkapen, Mia, Moonki , Jakoyo , Veri, Kadame , Real Pokot, Global citizen, etc.

The forum admin ( Veritas)- get off your lazy backside and make the website more colorful and attractive. 

If a member starts a thread , try act keep it live by engaging actively with any respondent to the thread. Masinde at .com uses this tactic very well to keep the debate going and manages to pull in folks to actively engage.

There is too much apathy in spite of many important issues worth debating both local and international to debate on. It is very demoralizing for a forum to have zero response to 90 % of it's threads.

So make it a new year resolution to make .org work.

Jakoyo.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
Re: What Can We Do To Make The Forum Debates More Robust And Active ?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 03:19:52 PM »
??????

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 03:23:10 PM »
Go back to toilet that where action is for green flies like you

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 04:06:09 PM »
Jakoyo, noted. Thanks. Although I disagree with stagnation. It's been fiery the last couple months behind the scenes. So much so I've had sponsorship & promotional offers. I haven't been as absent as it may appear. Early next year I'll be presenting options to our esteemed members on the next step forward.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »
@jakoyo,

Ajuoga is still alive?  At .com?  Say hello.  Tell him MJ remains one of the greatest and Jimmy Butler is the greatest Bulls player in history.

On your points, I think a good thread is organic.  One does not need to keep fanning its flames.  I often find time to go to an old thread after I learn something new and add to it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 06:44:11 PM »
@jakoyo,

Ajuoga is still alive?  At .com?  Say hello.  Tell him MJ remains one of the greatest and Jimmy Butler is the greatest Bulls player in history.

On your points, I think a good thread is organic.  One does not need to keep fanning its flames.  I often find time to go to an old thread after I learn something new and add to it.

I have limited access to internet, but I had to login or (sign in) when I heard Jimmy Butler. The Lakers should have acquired him. Termie, I agree with you. Masinde aka Ajuoga is one of the greatest bloggers. I have nothing bad to say about the man.

I am getting kicked out every second, currently in Kenya
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »
How do folks expect the forum to be lively and active if they don't engage ? How do we expect new members to join if all they see is stagnation. There is too much apathy. For this forum to move forward we need the movers and shakers to up their game. For a start , 10 very active members posting at least twice daily is enough to fire up the forum and attract new members. - Termie , Pundit , Parkapen, Mia, Moonki , Jakoyo , Veri, Kadame , Real Pokot, Global citizen, etc.

The forum admin ( Veritas)- get off your lazy backside and make the website more colorful and attractive. 

If a member starts a thread , try act keep it live by engaging actively with any respondent to the thread. Masinde at .com uses this tactic very well to keep the debate going and manages to pull in folks to actively engage.

There is too much apathy in spite of many important issues worth debating both local and international to debate on. It is very demoralizing for a forum to have zero response to 90 % of it's threads.

Jakoyo.

Jakoyo, I apologize for not engaging enough. No excuses. I know we can do better

On a different note, how can you forget the Great Omollo?

Others: Daily Bread, vooke (if he is still alive), RV item, Patel, Pajero etc. Sorry if I forgot you

Jakoyo, I am currently in Kenya with my wife. Let me know if you'd like to meet up sometime! Please PM me and I'll give you my contacts. We will be here until January 4TH
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 04:30:39 PM »
Its lively at times, and at other times it dull.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 05:54:32 PM »
My deepest apologies to these grandmasters of the bloggosphere- esp Omollo. His departure dealt .com a fatal blow.

I am in Dar ( TZ) on holiday and some hustling. I want to roll out some health care project in Arusha. President Magafuli has brought some positive vibes and impetus in doing business in TZ.

Hope you have great time in Kenya with your dear ones and don't get conned at the JKIA immigration like last time.

Jakoyo.

Jakoyo, I apologize for not engaging enough. No excuses. I know we can do better

On a different note, how can you forget the Great Omollo?

Others: Daily Bread, vooke (if he is still alive), RV item, Patel, Pajero etc
. Sorry if I forgot you

Jakoyo, I am currently in Kenya with my wife. Let me know if you'd like to meet up sometime! Please PM me and I'll give you my contacts. We will be here until January 4TH

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »

Jakoyo.
Hi Jakoyo
Who is Mia? You need to lead by action, we are always here so if a topic catches my attention, I will respond, but blogging just for the sake of filling space does not make any sense. On that note, where is my pastor vooke???? He has been missing in action and I hope the Alshabab did not catch up with him.

On the issue of healthcare, why aren't you rolling something in Kenya where its much needed instead of TZ. I will personally participate if you do. I have been thinking of ways to do something, but being away limits my participation.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 01:42:21 PM »
Hi Mya88 ,

Nice to hear from you.

So you wait for others to catch your attention?

Any way - you can do alot ( far more even if you are far away in America). There are very many charitable organisations sponsored by Kenyan- Americans together with Americans who are running fantastic health care programmes and community support organisations in Kenya. You only need to be part of them and play an active role. Folks who don't want to do something will always find an excuse. Don't go that route.

Jakoyo is heavily involved in the helping achieve the UNAIDS programme to ensure no child is infected with HIV through vertical transmission in Kenya.

I have been INVITED by the movers and shakers in health care in TZ to share experience and learn from each other. TZ is the most naturally beautiful country in Africa. Make it a new year resolution that your will do something different next year to improve somebody's life

Happy New Year and God Bless You.

Hi Jakoyo
Who is Mia? You need to lead by action, we are always here so if a topic catches my attention, I will respond, but blogging just for the sake of filling space does not make any sense. On that note, where is my pastor vooke???? He has been missing in action and I hope the Alshabab did not catch up with him.

On the issue of healthcare, why aren't you rolling something in Kenya where its much needed instead of TZ. I will personally participate if you do. I have been thinking of ways to do something, but being away limits my participation.

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 03:19:44 PM »
The fake pasta Fooke must have received his due punishment for blasphemy.
His impiety sucks.

Jakoyo.
Hi Jakoyo

Prov 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »
His impiety sucks.

Interesting.....and who made you authority on all things God? Just because his belief system does not align with yours does not make him impious.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 05:03:11 PM »
Hi Mya88 ,

Nice to hear from you.

So you wait for others to catch your attention?

Any way - you can do alot ( far more even if you are far away in America). There are very many charitable organisations sponsored by Kenyan- Americans together with Americans who are running fantastic health care programmes and community support organisations in Kenya. You only need to be part of them and play an active role. Folks who don't want to do something will always find an excuse. Don't go that route.

Jakoyo is heavily involved in the helping achieve the UNAIDS programme to ensure no child is infected with HIV through vertical transmission in Kenya.

I have been INVITED by the movers and shakers in health care in TZ to share experience and learn from each other. TZ is the most naturally beautiful country in Africa. Make it a new year resolution that your will do something different next year to improve somebody's life

Happy New Year and God Bless You.

Hi Jakoyo

Happy new year to you too. I will make it one of my new years resolution

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 10:26:45 AM »
His impiety sucks.

Interesting.....and who made you authority on all things God? Just because his belief system does not align with yours does not make him impious.
Prov 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 01:38:13 PM »
forget anything like robust debate - ours is a society of fear and silence....  the culture of inquiry is killed from a young age where parents keep telling kids- sitaki maswali (no sensitive/politically incorrect questions)....this goes on to schools - even in institutions of higher learning those asking questions are eyed badly as they prolong 'boring' classes, workshops......

this has been made worse given ours is a society where opportunities are scarce ..... if one asks robust questions or try to 'sound clever' or voice robust ideas the opportunity passes you ....there are very harsh social, economic and political consequences for being robust ...

just compare lives of Murkomen/Kindiki (insert any career guy of choice) when they were level headed, independent, robust thinkers, respectable faculty members and their runaway, unbelievable (enviable) 'success' in two years as yes men/sycophants
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 12:36:54 PM »
His impiety sucks.

We should not glory in the supposed misfortune of the alleged man of God. We pray he'll return and repent, or repent and return, whichever suits him.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Corinthians+4&version=KJV
 2 Corinthians 4 King James Version (KJV)

1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244