Author Topic: Another use of technology -E monitor prisoners  (Read 1895 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Another use of technology -E monitor prisoners
« on: August 13, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »
Seem a solutions that Judiciary and Prison can adopt to help ease congestion.
http://standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000172476/try-e-monitoring-to-ease-jail-congestion

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Another use of technology -E monitor prisoners
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 04:48:11 PM »
I'm loving these e solutions RVP.  :D

There's a lot of new trends for penitentiary systems. EM like an anklet is old technology. One of new technology when the offender is out is facial tracking through public video cameras. A third company physically monitors individuals considered potential threats like terrorists by combining matrix algorithms and facial mapping using IP technology. They can trace everything an offender purchases at a store, banking activities, phone calls etc. highway patrol cameras etc. There's no need for a tracking tag. They put electronic chips into inmates now anyway.

I spoke to this chap some weeks back who worked for this company and they designed spy technology for the Australian defence force. He showed some gadgets they have in the vicinity of 35 grand up. One of them was an audio tracker that can bypass jammers. Instead of the spy wearing a microphone like they do in movies, in real life they place this computer size gadget in the same building where the meeting takes place. They pick up vocal frequencies in that building and translate those frequencies into individual voices. He offered to train me in this technology should we have customers interested in this product. I kept asking whether this would be a privacy violation and he insisted it wasn't. It sort of spooked me.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »
Thanks. I am passionate about technology. I think if deployed in places like Kenya it can really help us leapfrog. We are yet to exploit the lowest hanging fruits...leave alone the tech you describe that would make petty criminals around here go out of business the same day.

I'm loving these e solutions RVP.  :D

There's a lot of new trends for penitentiary systems. EM like an anklet is old technology. One of new technology when the offender is out is facial tracking through public video cameras. A third company physically monitors individuals considered potential threats like terrorists by combining matrix algorithms and facial mapping using IP technology. They can trace everything an offender purchases at a store, banking activities, phone calls etc. highway patrol cameras etc. There's no need for a tracking tag. They put electronic chips into inmates now anyway.

I spoke to this chap some weeks back who worked for this company and they designed spy technology for the Australian defence force. He showed some gadgets they have in the vicinity of 35 grand up. One of them was an audio tracker that can bypass jammers. Instead of the spy wearing a microphone like they do in movies, in real life they place this computer size gadget in the same building where the meeting takes place. They pick up vocal frequencies in that building and translate those frequencies into individual voices. He offered to train me in this technology should we have customers interested in this product. I kept asking whether this would be a privacy violation and he insisted it wasn't. It sort of spooked me.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 06:45:45 PM »
I share the same vision. Kenya doesn't have the burden of old technological infrastructure. She has a clean slate relatively speaking. With intelligent e-planning, I truly believe Kenya has the potential be a leading nation in the next tech revolution by adopting open, clean and sustainable technology. A nation in harmony with the ecosystem. An e-utopia so to speak. Poverty replaced with equitable food provisioning, sensor based water systems, wind power, solar technology, intelligent mud brick residences, equitable e-commerce systems, e- currency over hard currency, social and open surveillance technology, the possibilities are endless.