Author Topic: Shollei to stand trial for corruption  (Read 2811 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Shollei to stand trial for corruption
« on: July 18, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »
Good call. Definitely Donald Kipkori her lawyer acting for Muthama during the sale of house for kshs 310 (grossly overvalued) indicate she was involved.
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/EACC-okays-Shollei-trial-over-Sh310m-CJ-house-/-/539546/2792078/-/6x4i5lz/-/index.html

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Shollei to stand trial for corruption
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 04:57:21 PM »
I knew this emotional freak was guilty as hell ever since she 'spilled the beans' after she was hounded out. But since then other mega-scandals have erupted that dwarf hers. She is quite 'clean'
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 07:47:24 PM »
This is what confuses me. Matemu had sat on this case. Now its made it to the DPP. It makes one wonder.

If only Uhuru would set the EACC TOTALLY free!!
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »
HOW COME EACC doesn't have prosecutorial powers?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »
It is both good and bad. Depends on your point of view.

There is nothing stopping the DPP from donating his powers to the EACC or any other entity. He usually donates the same to private lawyers to prosecute matters in which he would seem to be prejudiced.

State Counsels all over the country take prosecutorial decisions.

The Immigration department has been operating parallel to the police, taking prosecutorial decisions and presenting suspects in court without the input of the DPP.

Corruption is just cash. Even sweepers get some. Who would give up that?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 03:22:59 PM »
Parkerpen,

Giving them those powers won't change a thing.  The institutions Kenya has are more than adequate on paper.  But there is no integrity to make it work.

Outsourcing the work to a foreign entity has been suggested.  But it won't work, because "they will unfairly target the Negro".

It really comes down to who the Kenyan wants to lead him.  My take is this is who and what they want until further notice.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »
Parkerpen,

Giving them those powers won't change a thing.  The institutions Kenya has are more than adequate on paper.  But there is no integrity to make it work.

Outsourcing the work to a foreign entity has been suggested.  But it won't work, because "they will unfairly target the Negro".

It really comes down to who the Kenyan wants to lead him.  My take is this is who and what they want until further notice.

Kenya will change when Kenyans want change badly enough.   So far that has happened only twice: (a) the fight for independence, and (b) after Moi had beaten the crap out of them for 24 years.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.