Author Topic: Did the constitution give maps too much power?  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Did the constitution give maps too much power?
« on: July 10, 2015, 02:19:08 AM »
I think so. Every time I read they are cutting budgets, disbanding EACC, and anything that they don't like. Is this what the people really wanted?
I would rather have had a bicameral system rather than the current one.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Did the constitution give maps too much power?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 02:28:16 AM »
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/?articleID=2000168608&story_title=house-votes-to-kick-out-eacc-bosses

Who can do their job if they know they will be fired for doing so..
I miss the patriotic days.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 05:15:47 AM »
I think so. Every time I read they are cutting budgets, disbanding EACC, and anything that they don't like. Is this what the people really wanted?
I would rather have had a bicameral system rather than the current one.
Ideally they should share oversight role over the national government with the senate. 

Resolutions should go through both houses to pass.  This gives the senator more clout. 

The way the senate is operating now seems messed up.  They appear to be doing the work of MCAs.  Getting into power struggles with governors.

It's a very strange bicameral system if one is familiar with the ones practiced in the US. 

I can't think of a scenario where US senators would get involved in turf wars with governors.

To be fair, the US system has been polished and tweaked over centuries.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 09:12:48 AM »
There are too many idlers...most of them brilliant Kenyans by most standards....

As they say idle minds are devils' workshop and thus have our MPs become workshops for anyone with money.... They are always thinking of drafting papers upon papers upon bills upon clauses depending on who pays....

they key mandate of keeping executive on its toes has been lost due to polarising nature of our petty politics ...

when nobody is willing to pay up they spend their time harassing and undermining counties ...despite most of them having dreams of runnning for governors positions
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 06:31:21 PM »
It was not one of the "Contentious Issues" and therefore the MPs pretty much ad their way. Bomas wanted a bicameral chamber with equal and balanced powers but MPs favoured themselves. Ruto and Uhuru should answer for some of these things.

What Ruto did in Naivasha set me against him. It will be a long time before I think of forgiving him. I was so mad especially when ODM put a spin on it and pretended they had not just been screwed by Uhuru and Ruto.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread