Author Topic: Ruto Et. Al.'s New Anti-Gay Crusade  (Read 10670 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Ruto Et. Al.'s New Anti-Gay Crusade
« on: July 07, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »
Whether or not Obama will be willing to make merry with a fellow who's on trial for crimes against humanity is not clear.   It is certainly doubtful.  Ruto seems to be preparing the country for an "explanation": "I took a firm stand against homosexuality, and they didn't like it".  Silly, but somewhat understandable.   

What is astonishing, however, is the stance by all those other characters who have gone as far as threatening to throw Obama out of parliament.    So, here we are: instead of Kenyans considering how they could make the most of this visit, which many have been clamouring for, it is nonsense all around.   But, later, there will be complaints about the lack of "help" that people, for some strange reason, seem to actually consider a right to which they are entitled!
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Ruto Et. Al.'s New Anti-Gay Crusade
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 05:03:20 PM »
I was utterly surprised.  Given that Kenya is not at any risk of recognizing gay rights to be with each other, let alone implementing gay marriage, in the foreseeable future.  The man was almost making an effort to be obnoxious.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »
Gays have my full support but I recognise this is not a priority for Africa..where even basic human rights are not being respected.

Obama has failed to grasp that and abstract issues dear to Africa.I am not surprised that WSR and others have anticipated what Obama will be saying.

That is no rocket science considering that is what Obama has been saying in areas around Africa he has visited.

Obama has nothing to offer Kenya this late in the hour. Maybe I am wrong but He'll have to proof me wrong.

China is the mbig deal...and I saw the rail project snaking it's way to Nairobi this week when I visited Mombasa.

As for whether WSR will meet Obama or not. That will be protocol nightmare for Obama. He is coming as guest and he cannot decide for the host.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 05:13:47 PM »
I won't blame Ruto...I blame Obama. Ruto is against gays just like some Americans are anti-gay. He has not shied away from pushing forth his "christian" way of life. And he shouldn't be vilified.

Quick google search shows Obama last time he was in Senegal spoke about Gay rights and had to be rebuked http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/27/obama-africa-gay-rights_n_3512530.html

Obama and US are out of touch when it come to the real issues that should be dealt with in Africa.

Gays and Abortion are not issues that you bring to Africa...where basic human right that french got in 17th century are still an issues.

I was utterly surprised.  Given that Kenya is not at any risk of recognizing gay rights to be with each other, let alone implementing gay marriage, in the foreseeable future.  The man was almost making an effort to be obnoxious.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 05:29:51 PM »
Ruto speaks for majority of Kenians. Call it lack of tact but it's subtle intimidation by gay mafia, just like boda boda gangs. Hit one and they all descend on you.

I will start believing Osama when he will oppose Saudis for criminalizing homosexuality
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 06:20:02 PM »
Ruto speaks for majority of Kenians. Call it lack of tact but it's subtle intimidation by gay mafia, just like boda boda gangs. Hit one and they all descend on you.

I will start believing Osama when he will oppose Saudis for criminalizing homosexuality
Saudis are not Negroes.  You would be the first to know.  Why do you expect similar treatment?

Ruto might be speaking his mind.  But the point you are missing is the timing and relevance.  There is zero risk as far the gay agenda goes.  Even if Obama orders parliament to implement favorable laws.

Why does the hustler want to focus on it now?  Who cares?  I think MOON Ki has a good ponit.  He is preparing the ground to explain a likely snub.

If Obama comes to Kenya, and the hustler is nowhere in the photos that are sure to flood social media from the Jubilee youthwingers, some possibly including Raila, that is tough to swallow.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »

Saudis are not Negroes.  You would be the first to know.  Why do you expect similar treatment?

Ruto might be speaking his mind.  But the point you are missing is the timing and relevance.  There is zero risk as far the gay agenda goes.  Even if Obama orders parliament to implement favorable laws.

Why does the hustler want to focus on it now?  Who cares?  I think MOON Ki has a good ponit.  He is preparing the ground to explain a likely snub.

If Obama comes to Kenya, and the hustler is nowhere in the photos that are sure to flood social media from the Jubilee youthwingers, some possibly including Raila, that is tough to swallow.
osama will meet both PORK and DPORK. those Alai-esque theories are from the usual suspects.
He is speaking about it NOW because the whole world is speaking about it because of SCOTUS
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 06:38:20 PM »
As politicians, these people have to have something to divert the attention of the populace. With crime rampmant all over - corruption and the destruction of private property orchestrated by Jubilee, pple have to be on their toes. A politicians goal is to make you confused so that in five years your memory only remembers the most recent.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 06:43:33 PM »

osama will meet both PORK and DPORK. those Alai-esque theories are from the usual suspects.
He is speaking about it NOW because the whole world is speaking about it because of SCOTUS
It's otherwise irrelevant.  Completely.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 06:45:57 PM »
The guest snubbing the host. That sound hilarious. I'd love to see that. Either Obama will meet gov officials or not. If he is meeting Uhuru...Ruto will be doing the introduction. In fact I will not be suprised if Obama get welcome at Airport by Ruto.

Obama has self-invited to Kenya..so he is the one more desperate to cosy up to Africa big men as he looks for life in retirement...moonlighting like Blair and Clinton around Africa running charities and advising govs.Or he just wanted to visit his father birth place.

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 06:56:18 PM »
The guest snubbing the host. That sound hilarious. I'd love to see that. Either Obama will meet gov officials or not. If he is meeting Uhuru...Ruto will be doing the introduction. In fact I will not be suprised if Obama get welcome at Airport by Ruto.

Obama has self-invited to Kenya..so he is the one more desperate to cosy up to Africa big men as he looks for life in retirement...moonlighting like Blair and Clinton around Africa running charities and advising govs.Or he just wanted to visit his father birth place.

I don't know if he will snub Ruto or not.  I don't have the faintest clue what the protocol involves.  But if the hustler is not there, it would be difficult to explain it as anything but a snub.  That is where I could see him bring up the gay issue as a way of explaining away such a possibility.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 06:57:31 PM »

So irrelevant that they never threatened to freeze health aid to Uganda over homosexuality

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 07:03:56 PM »
On what basis would Obama snub Ruto. If Obama can cosy with gays he surely can cosy with an innocent man. Doesn't Obama not get the right to be presumed innocent. These are Alaisque Ruto hating that is plain juvenile. There a lot of things to hate about the man..but surely he has been consistent as far as his opposition over gays, abortion and such issues goes. Just like vooke here has been consisent. He raised a ruckus over it during the referendum and when Obama asked Africa to do that.
I don't know if he will snub Ruto or not.  I don't have the faintest clue what the protocol involves.  But if the hustler is not there, it would be difficult to explain it as anything but a snub.  That is where I could see him bring up the gay issue as a way of explaining away such a possibility.

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »

So irrelevant that they never threatened to freeze health aid to Uganda over homosexuality
Did they freeze it?

In any case it is irrelevant from the Kenyan's perspective.  Nobody really cares what Obama says about gays.  What does State House about it?

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 07:07:58 PM »
On what basis would Obama snub Ruto. If Obama can cosy with gays he surely can cosy with an innocent man. Doesn't Obama not get the right to be presumed innocent. These are Alai-esque Ruto hating that is plain waste of time.

They are CORDed theories....the root cause is Ruto cost Rayirla presidency so he is a mortal enemy

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 07:10:14 PM »

Did they freeze it?

In any case it is irrelevant from the Kenyan's perspective.  Nobody really cares what Obama says about gays.  What does State House about it?
They took cue from Osama's statement. The very threat especially at ARV programs is sufficient whether it was carried out or not. Osama is not content with branding fagotry, he will export it to weaker and needy Negro countries

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 07:10:41 PM »
On what basis would Obama snub Ruto. If Obama can cosy with gays he surely can cosy with an innocent man. Doesn't Obama not get the right to be presumed innocent. These are Alaisque Ruto hating that is plain juvenile. There a lot of things to hate about the man..but surely he has been consistent as far as his opposition over gays, abortion and such issues goes. Just like vooke here has been consisent. He raised a ruckus over it during the referendum and when Obama asked Africa to do that.
I haven't said he will.  But I am just saying what it could be interpreted as if in fact Ruto is not present; doctor's appointment, too busy or whatever.  If that happens, Alai is neither here nor there.  People wouldl interpret it how they see it.  And the hustler would want to correct any unfavorable perception it may raise.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 07:12:10 PM »

Did they freeze it?

They took cue from Osama's statement. The very threat especially at ARV programs is sufficient whether it was carried out or not. Osama is not content with branding fagotry, he will export it to weaker and needy Negro countries
They took cue and did what?  Are gays in Uganda free now?

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 07:13:53 PM »
That part is easy to understands. But it good to have leaders with known viewpoints. Ruto like Moi has his christian philosophy of life. That is something they had before, in power and even Moi in retirement still cherishes his christian values. I disagree with most of those values but I recognize them.

Meeting Obama is not career defining moment in Kenya. It a fleeting moment. Ruto I doubt gives much thought about that. They were elected despite Obama video.

They are CORDed theories....the root cause is Ruto cost Rayirla presidency so he is a mortal enemy
Yo

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 07:14:13 PM »

Did they freeze it?

They took cue and did what?
And issued threats