Author Topic: I have realized how out of touch I'm with young Kenyans  (Read 1015 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
I have realized how out of touch I'm with young Kenyans
« on: June 25, 2024, 07:05:04 PM »
We have failed them and ignored them.
Today is a tragic day. Very sad day for those of us who love Kenya. The loss of lives today is saddening. The lack of political goodwill to calm things down and dialogue is tragic. Ruto has lost all legitimacy he had.
Parliament and the whole political leadership has failed.
The govt has collapsed and has been replaced by a very angry determined Kenyans.
Ruto has made a lot of mistakes and he has failed to read the mood and consult widely.
What is happening now was predicted. We just didn't know what will be the trigger.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
Re: I have realized how out of touch I'm with young Kenyans
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 07:47:59 PM »
It was a strategic move to make them goons, not Genz we thought. Genz was infiltrated by enemies of state, now their legitimacy is in question. They have their day but after 27th, the government will respond slowly for many months!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 08:23:04 PM »
It was a strategic move to make them goons, not Genz we thought. Genz was infiltrated by enemies of state, now their legitimacy is in question. They have their day but after 27th, the government will respond slowly for many months!
Who are these enemies of state? You are about to burn the country with kind hardline stance. Time will tell

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 09:04:37 PM »
I feel the same but I have been here preaching against runaway corruption, in a country like Kenya, there are not enough resources for that kind of graft without really screwing up the people. In places like Saudi, there is enough left over to offer things like free healthcare, monthly payments to the general population after the kings engorge themselves. This was a ticking time bomb, it’s too late now. For us, I have personally apologized to gen Z for allowing this rot all the way from 24yrs of Moi who stole generations of dreams and aspirations. The idea than we will let the likes of Sudi and Farouk, people without a high school education now steal our kids dream makes me want to puke.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 10:25:39 PM »
They are a confluence of things that have happened all at once:

Ruto's presidency came at a time when Africa's demographic realities are not on any leaders side (it has began with Ruto, but it will spread across sub-saharan Africa).  Look at the demographics:

Kenya: 55 million - 70% under the age of 30 with no jobs
Ethiopia: 120 million - 70% under 30 and no jobs
Tanzania: 70 Million
Uganda: 50 million
Rwanda: 15 million

2) The obsence displays of wealth amidst a sea of poverty and financial ruin by ruto and his henchman like farouk kibet, oscar sudi, Aaron Cheruiyot, Murkomen (These Gen Z's are on social media & pictures of this obsence opulence were posted everywhere) It infuriated the masses.

3) Ndii: Refusing to accept that austerity could NEVER happen in the face of such obscence corruption and REFUSING to tell Ruto the truth and the truth would have been this: I can help you, but you have to help me. Austerity has to go along with a genuine fight against corruption.

Where is the state capture commission? Pundit is accussing me of being a tribalist, but I'm disappointed in Ruto. I wanted him to attack the corruption issue vigorously and he has totally failed to do that.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2024, 11:23:22 AM »
How fast. From hasoras to goons to treason traitors. The economy being ravaged by corruption and evil government policies is responding faster.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution