Author Topic: David Ndii Will Be Ruto's Nail in the coffin  (Read 4597 times)

Offline sema

• Enigma
David Ndii Will Be Ruto's Nail in the coffin
« on: June 14, 2024, 07:44:31 PM »
Nobody appears to be happy about this finance bill. In fact, most people are furious and Ruto appears to be totally tone deaf to where the people are on this issue and it also appears to be anger across all tribes.

David Ndii also appears to be tone deaf.  Actually, he is even worse than Ruto.  He is also arrogant and his responses to taxpayers that are paying his salary is basically go f*ck yourselves.  I'm right, your wrong and I'm a genius and everything I say will work.  It's almost as if he is dealing with aliens and not human beings.  Ndii is definitely not politically adept and someone needs to tell him that he is not an academic at Oxford. He is dealing with people's lives. It's not a mathematical equation that will just fall into place because he says so.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: David Ndii Will Be Ruto's Nail in the coffin
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2024, 08:38:30 AM »
Twitter sio kenya

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 04:28:32 AM »
Are you saying the majority poor and suffering support ndii’s finance bill?

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2024, 03:21:13 PM »
I think Finance Bill will save Kenya. Once President will start selling it, 60% will buy it! The issue will be corruption that seem extremely hard to contain because most Kenyans are thieves, not just those in leadership but anyone entrusted with even the smallest task like court clerk, police, teacher etc.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2024, 01:10:00 PM »
Total bullcrap. US business pays not VAT taxes to tune of of 16% and all sort of excise duties. There is no policy to rejuvenate the hasora money flows just squeezing.

Tackling corruption among police, court clerks, doctors, teachers, immigration requires no or little funds. Just a Magufuli style leadership not wannabe globalist while local economy is unravelling. 

It is nuts Kenyans pay a government and it cannot print simple papers like birth certificate, useless good conduct, ID, passport and wants more monies.

I think Finance Bill will save Kenya. Once President will start selling it, 60% will buy it! The issue will be corruption that seem extremely hard to contain because most Kenyans are thieves, not just those in leadership but anyone entrusted with even the smallest task like court clerk, police, teacher etc.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2024, 01:20:51 PM »
Ndii has helped turn around kenya economy in a record time.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2024, 11:35:09 PM »
What economic turnaround? KRA 11 months collections are 1.9 trillion of projected 2.5 trillion. Pending bills piling with no payment plans and no new development projects.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2024, 05:41:45 AM »

How so? Kenyans are not buying it and they’re not feeling the effects on the ground or in their pockets.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2024, 08:42:18 AM »
Revenues are up 11% from last year.
They will miss target by 8% -
Target was ambitious 18%

Non Ordinary revenues up by whooping I dont - 80B more - this from E-citizens.

Ndii has fixed debt crisis while growing economy at 5.7%!!
Ndii has ensure inflation, interest, KES are now stabilizing and look great.

We didnt default! We played IMF/WB so well; Played the Middle east to give us fuel

Now it's Mtereremko and you will start to appreciate what Ndii has done.

This year we need to see some capital projects off ground -

And of course deal with Pending Bills - though majority are likely Uhuru and his chinese - Ruto doesnt feel he should pay

What economic turnaround? KRA 11 months collections are 1.9 trillion of projected 2.5 trillion. Pending bills piling with no payment plans and no new development projects.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2024, 08:43:23 AM »
We were in NEGATIVE Territory
We are now in ZERO territory
Soon we will start to see some movement on grounds.
We are ground zero- but definitely ugali is cheap.
How so? Kenyans are not buying it and they’re not feeling the effects on the ground or in their pockets.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2024, 12:24:06 PM »
There is debt distress and default is inevitable.  The GDP mazematix revisions cannot beat stagflation reality.

Pending bills are default on businesses. Salary delays murmurs are a common feature now.

This financial year local banks are taking a haircut. The bank's appetite for bonds is over.
IMF will then dig in with more economic contractionary measures for external debt restructuring.

The continued recurrent expenditure corruption appetite is oil to the fire.

In financial year 2024-25, the allocation for payment of public debt related costs is expected to increase from Sh1.18 trillion in financial year 2023-24 to Sh1.35 trillion in financial year 2024-25

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2024, 04:19:14 PM »
You're in your own lalaland.
We have just bought the last 500m of eurobond
Next is to repay 200M usd for CHina SGR
Then treasury will breathe until next year Jan.
We arent default.

Yes gov has softly defaulted on pending bills and that is main pending issues.

Politically Ruto might not pay those pending bills because they are mostly Azimio procured.

So let hope he gets new contractors.

There is debt distress and default is inevitable.  The GDP mazematix revisions cannot beat stagflation reality.

Pending bills are default on businesses. Salary delays murmurs are a common feature now.

This financial year local banks are taking a haircut. The bank's appetite for bonds is over.
IMF will then dig in with more economic contractionary measures for external debt restructuring.

In financial year 2024-25, the allocation for payment of public debt related costs is expected to increase from Sh1.18 trillion in financial year 2023-24 to Sh1.35 trillion in financial year 2024-25

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2024, 06:09:18 PM »

Salaries are delayed???
My relas depend on that income.

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2024, 03:29:43 AM »
I have been shouting Ndii could be nuking Ruto government from within

Ruto would be incapacitated relying on Ndii ineptitude

Meanwhile, some people still believe Ndii is genius.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2024, 09:12:33 AM »
Ndii has done great to recover a dying economy.
Ruto should not given in too early to popular opinion.
2026 - hapo he can fire Ndii.
I have been shouting Ndii could be nuking Ruto government from within

Ruto would be incapacitated relying on Ndii ineptitude

Meanwhile, some people still believe Ndii is genius.

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2024, 10:20:51 AM »
 Apart from the populism associated with protests most folks can't tell you how any of the tax policy proposals affect them. Everyone is busy shouting how taxes are killing them while majority don't pay any taxes and most don't pay taxes on some of their incomes derived from informal sources. I tried to do a simple cost analysis on the effects of the bill on a common person and found very little to shout about. One of the taxes that results in a fuel cost increase does so by about 7 shillings a liter. An average car consuming about a liter for every 13-15 km would thus incur about 200-500 extra shillings a month driving a total of 22 working days 30 km each way. I drive to Kitale and back to Nairobi on my small Toyota Ractis with a 40 liter gas tank and I have never used more than 80 liters or two full tanks for the journey.  On import duty increase by 5% the cost comes to about an extra 5000 bob for every 1 million shillings. On Internet and money transfers the increase is about 200 bob a month on a 5000 shillings data plan and I have to cross check my math an increase by a shilling or less per every 1000 for money transfers. On the motor vehicle tax if you were to use 5% per annum on a 10% depreciation on the value of a car then a car worth 2 million shillings would be subject to ksh 100k then drop by about 5k every year. Sanitary pads increase by 8 bob a month and bread by 10 bob comes to 300 bob a month . Bottom line is there is a cash crunch in Kenya as a result of pending bills and debt repayment but the tax measures are not as drastic as folks are being made to believe. My two cents

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2024, 11:41:02 AM »
Now try summarize everything collectively to a person earning 20k per momth , remember increase of all those taxes factoring 10% inflation and increase of consumer goods due to increase in cost of production and transportation will result into cost of living increasing .
Mind you salaries are not increasing and the opposite is happening . Retrenchments and salary reduction is happening .

Apart from the populism associated with protests most folks can't tell you how any of the tax policy proposals affect them. Everyone is busy shouting how taxes are killing them while majority don't pay any taxes and most don't pay taxes on some of their incomes derived from informal sources. I tried to do a simple cost analysis on the effects of the bill on a common person and found very little to shout about. One of the taxes that results in a fuel cost increase does so by about 7 shillings a liter. An average car consuming about a liter for every 13-15 km would thus incur about 200-500 extra shillings a month driving a total of 22 working days 30 km each way. I drive to Kitale and back to Nairobi on my small Toyota Ractis with a 40 liter gas tank and I have never used more than 80 liters or two full tanks for the journey.  On import duty increase by 5% the cost comes to about an extra 5000 bob for every 1 million shillings. On Internet and money transfers the increase is about 200 bob a month on a 5000 shillings data plan and I have to cross check my math an increase by a shilling or less per every 1000 for money transfers. On the motor vehicle tax if you were to use 5% per annum on a 10% depreciation on the value of a car then a car worth 2 million shillings would be subject to ksh 100k then drop by about 5k every year. Sanitary pads increase by 8 bob a month and bread by 10 bob comes to 300 bob a month . Bottom line is there is a cash crunch in Kenya as a result of pending bills and debt repayment but the tax measures are not as drastic as folks are being made to believe. My two cents

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2024, 01:57:18 PM »
It is not Ndii's or IMF making. Mwafrika leaders listen to all sort of advise then chart the worst suicidal path. So what happens you give the advice he wants to hear.

The globalist has chosen to kill hasora businesses which got him elected for the sake of shadowy creditors.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2024, 02:11:35 PM »
Well nailed. The protest are silly online crap.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2024, 04:27:17 PM »
Ndii has to stop abusing the very taxpayers that are paying his salary and he needs to be able to explain economic terms in a simple way that a mama mboga or boda boda driver can understand. Ndii is NOT an entrepreneur generating his own revenues. He is living off taxpayers money. He is not Elon Musk.

He should stop assuming that the average kenyan is a graduate student at Oxford or even wants to get their Ph.D in economics like him.

If Ndii CANNOT explain what he is doing, then Ruto as the president, needs to come out and explain to the kenyan people (in Swahili) what his goal is here. Ruto should not leave it up to Ndii.

Also, what happened to the state capture commission that Ndii was screaming about every night? where is it? If uhuru left the country in debt, they should go after him.