Author Topic: More land thuggery: this time in karen  (Read 3878 times)

Offline sema

• Enigma
More land thuggery: this time in karen
« on: October 30, 2023, 03:10:33 AM »

These people that just show up & start destroying properties need to be arrested immediately.

This woman bought the land in 1974 & has owned it for 49 years. What is going on in Kenya?

Comments seem to suggest it’s kalenjins behind this (not sure if that’s true) or if it’s just anger towards Ruto for doing nothing?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: More land thuggery: this time in karen
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 03:32:08 AM »
Whoa!!

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 04:27:15 AM »
Nothing Ruto does will work if he doesn’t get a hold of this issue.  I think Kenyans should become like other people in the world when their governments fail them - look for these individual land cartel members and take care of them one by one. Just like Israel is doing with the Hamas leaders - one by one, you take them out & eventually they’ll get the messsge.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 07:30:43 AM »
40 acres in Karen is a red flag.

These post independence karanis and government officials land grabbers took away the land from mzungu the same way. They would identify a piece of land and walk to the mzungu and give him no option but leave. Most of large estates were obtained the same way.

Some would be paid after banking monies and then they would be robbed at night.

Mzungu had also obtained the land even with more savagery, the coins will keep flipping till the lands are put into use.

We are going to see more and more land invasions.

Here is a typical case of so called Kirima land. Kirima chases the mzungu and then he has no plan for the land.

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 12:57:42 PM »
Those grabbing are Kales. They have no land in Nairobi and now see their chance to grab land. How come nothing happens to them and even the police just on standby?

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 05:04:21 PM »
Every sensible person wants some land and with over 70% of land being untitled, grabbing is a very attractive reality.
Kikuyus have dominated land grabbing cartels. Kirima land introduced ruthless luo gangs. Mavoko and Syokimau is kambas.

Kales were rabid in 90s and dying days of Moi. With Korir as PS they must be having a through pass. Korir must be smarting how to recover the lost Uhuru Gardens investments.

Those grabbing are Kales. They have no land in Nairobi and now see their chance to grab land. How come nothing happens to them and even the police just on standby?
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 06:34:21 PM »
Kenya is a rolling slimy scam. Nothing is legit. Even legit titles if you dig deep came about by forcefully grabbing. My neighborhood in UG was all Maa until Wazungus came and grab it, after they were preparing to leave, they sold it to locals in a shady way based on Milk/cheese shares locals were supplying.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 01:08:58 PM »
Kenya is a rolling slimy scam. Nothing is legit. Even legit titles if you dig deep came about by forcefully grabbing. My neighborhood in UG was all Maa until Wazungus came and grab it, after they were preparing to leave, they sold it to locals in a shady way based on Milk/cheese shares locals were supplying.
It looks like you are giving up on the ability of your brother to turn things around. Now you lament on this wall like all of us save one, when you could directly talk to your brother. Only Pundit talks of hope in 2025. Someone in another thread pointed out that not all politicians are leaders.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2023, 03:26:44 PM »
It looks like you are giving up on the ability of your brother to turn things around. Now you lament on this wall like all of us save one, when you could directly talk to your brother. Only Pundit talks of hope in 2025. Someone in another thread pointed out that not all politicians are leaders.
These are problems that have been simmering for decades. I'm very critical of any government that is not doing right and in 3+ years if fruits are not seen, I will be the number one objective critic of Kenya Kwanza government. After 10 years if they don't move a needle, I believe Kenya will never produce anyone to bring changes. Uhuru's last 5 years aided by Raila destroyed Kenya, that, I believe will take this administration at least 2-3 years of reforms to stear it in a different direction.They are slow, but partly because Kenyans chosen to do are just as incompetent as the previous folk. I believe the President and Deputy are trying hard, but being let down, but time will tell. Years down the line, you will be my dear friend when I start unleashing extensive criticism of the Government led by my brother.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2023, 05:13:53 PM »
Rwanda is becoming my favorite African country to retire to. My parents and grandparents have all passed, my closest relatives are all over the world, I love Kenya but in my retirement, I am looking for serenity and peace. That will never happen in Kenya with all the corruption, police culture, death mill healthcare, etc Kenya is good for a month visit but anything beyond that, it starts to stink. This is why I had so much hope for the original Uhuruto, young and vibrant but was extremely disappointed. If Ruto can just work on removing half the stink, I will consider him a successful president, so far, the smell has worsened.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2023, 11:22:28 AM »
You can do a recce by trying to post on Nipate about Kagame from Kigali hills.

Rwanda is becoming my favorite African country to retire to. My parents and grandparents have all passed, my closest relatives are all over the world, I love Kenya but in my retirement, I am looking for serenity and peace. That will never happen in Kenya with all the corruption, police culture, death mill healthcare, etc Kenya is good for a month visit but anything beyond that, it starts to stink. This is why I had so much hope for the original Uhuruto, young and vibrant but was extremely disappointed. If Ruto can just work on removing half the stink, I will consider him a successful president, so far, the smell has worsened.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2023, 03:56:29 PM »
 :D :D :D
Suicide mission.

You can do a recce by trying to post on Nipate about Kagame from Kigali hills.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2023, 10:19:50 PM »
I am not the first Kenyan to retire there and in my retirement am not going there to politic or even have time for Nipate. I have done that all my life, retirement is for self indulgence and enjoying life. Kagame is not perfect but the flaws he has fade in comparison with the garbage going on in Kenya. A buddy of mine is already living there, for $120K, he bought a nice hillside villa, the city is very clean, if you are into thighs, there are plenty of those etc it’s also very accessible from Kenya. In Kenya, you may not die in the hands of the government, they claim they are Democratic but lots of other shenanigans going on.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2023, 10:34:21 PM »
You have to do more research and read comments from Rwanda, TZ, and Uganda's population. It seems Kenya is a preferred destination for most folks in EA and Africa because of freedoms/internet/infrastructure/democracy, and the rest. Rwanda is progressive, and today's announcement of VISA-free travel for all AFRICANS will take it to another level. Kenya started hinting, and Kagame went all in right away. When Kenya implements it, it will be a domino effect. In no time, this simple policy change will unlock the whole of AFRICA, of course, if augmented with forward-thinking policies.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2023, 10:45:07 AM »
These are problems that have been simmering for decades. I'm very critical of any government that is not doing right and in 3+ years if fruits are not seen, I will be the number one objective critic of Kenya Kwanza government. ....
It won't be long. We are already past one year.... finally from the horse's mouth, the man himself - has begun doubting himself. The odd one member parroting on this wall that he is Kenya's best President does so under the influence or is simply delusional.

Alafu you will hear him asking for more time in 2027 to actualize his promises.

?s=20

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2023, 04:03:37 PM »
Ruto looks ill.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2023, 09:56:13 AM »
Some perspectives on Rwanda. Order means no social and political life.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/607262593192742/posts/1444600962792230/