Author Topic: Omollo and others... thanks guys  (Read 6480 times)

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Omollo and others... thanks guys
« on: December 22, 2014, 11:31:52 AM »
Yesterday we had dinner with a couple of Uhuru damu supporters.. Please note UK and not Ruto.  There was a lively debate over the new and "very good anti terror laws" according to them.

Imagine my disappointment when I learnt that non of the empty debes had even read a single clause of the amendments!

I could hardly disguise my disappointment, it was even more disappointing to watch them watching me in amazement calling out specific danger areas (thanks to Omollo's serialisation).

This is what we are dealing with online.

Mungikis that haven't read the amendments to our Bill of Rights, and are very ignorant and oblivious of the repercussions for themselves if a non GEMA acquired such powers.  You should have seen their beady eyes when I brought up the similarities drawn from the dangerous issue of an imperial presidency in the period just before Kenyatta Sr died and Arap Moi's perfect inheritance. 

"Bryan, I am going to read that law, it sounds very dangerous for ALL of us"  Said the staunchest supporter of the new laws.  Please note that this chap feels that "Kenyans are not ready for freedom max"  Eti we need a dictator to control us he said.  But was lost for words when shown that Kenya enjoyed massive growth with Mr Kibaki the Hands off President's first term.  Cue - Even more beady eyes...

Such morons.

I just wanted to say thanks for the informative discussions here, I was well armed for that discussion... my missus was impressed and felt like she was indeed on the right side of history... she even managed to lob  a few second hand Nipate.org informed barbs across the table... it was hilarious...

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Omollo and others... thanks guys
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »
We are long way from issue based politics. Majority are supporting or opposing any issues based on knee jerk tribal sentiments they've heard from their tribal leaders.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 01:21:38 PM »
Sure Pundito, no different from those who said Rayirla had read the katiba for them.
There was a committee that attempted to reach a compromise. I thought by now we would have heard the 13 or so CORD members of that committee complaining of being bullied. But they are silent. Did they represent CORD's position inside there or were they bought off?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »
bryan275,

This is the pattern I have observed.  In the real world.  On twitter.  Facebook.

When you see an argument rant in support.  Cover the name and guess the tribe.

If you guessed GEMA, 99% of the time you will be right.  You will see the ocassional RV.  Most are just happy to spite Raila.

Those in opposition seem to comprise of every group, including GEMA and RVs.  At this point, kamwana can only count on tribal support and only some of it.

My fear is Al shabaab will start hijacking planes while kamwana and his socialites are showing Raila who is BOSS.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 03:30:17 PM »
I don't know how to respond to this without being rude. I'll try.
1. Jubilee has a majority in the committees and in the plenary of the house. That majority is guaranteed even before additional begging MPs like Onyonka are included
2. Jubilee has bought CORD MPs a fraction of who CORD tried to de-whip buty Duale Moved a motion on the floor of the house where the "Majority" (=Jubilee) decided that they shall remain on those committees to "represent CORD. In Other words the opposition has no say how it runs its own affairs. I haven't understood why this has not reached the courts. Parliament is not a foreign country and the High Court and above have universal jurisdiction
3. Whether CORD MPs spoke for ever (something they can't do under the rules) or sang psalms, the law was going to pass because they have the majority of MPs who never read the laws and even stumbled reading the amendments they were each assigned to read. No wonder the Hansard was delayed as the mandarins try to doctor it in case it turns out Muturi had ready written papers and did not derive the information verbally from the floor;

I don't know how Raila comes in to this - even by way of analogy. This is just the old GEMA tactic of introducing Raila in every issue. Thankfully it has opened our eyes and we now mention Uhuru in everything. By 2017 we would have demonized him beyond the current areas of maximum saturation - Nyanza and Western, Coast and partially Eastern. We hope to penetrate NEP and parts of RV.
Sure Pundito, no different from those who said Rayirla had read the katiba for them.
There was a committee that attempted to reach a compromise. I thought by now we would have heard the 13 or so CORD members of that committee complaining of being bullied. But they are silent. Did they represent CORD's position inside there or were they bought off?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
Bryan

I try to return something to the Fatherland. So I devote some fixed time on such issues. Besides it is a serious reversal which I can assure you had it been Raila or any other CORD person doing it, I would turn on him the way I turned on Raila over Mau. There can be no compromises over principles.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 10:23:09 PM »

Rayirla is the one negro one dude claimed to have read the katiba for him. But the problem cuts across and I merely agreed with Pundit. The problem is your knee jerk reaction whenever Rayirla is not being praised.

Who are these CORD sell outs you keep singing about? The committee had at least 13 of them. Am interested in their identity

I don't know how to respond to this without being rude. I'll try.
1. Jubilee has a majority in the committees and in the plenary of the house. That majority is guaranteed even before additional begging MPs like Onyonka are included
2. Jubilee has bought CORD MPs a fraction of who CORD tried to de-whip buty Duale Moved a motion on the floor of the house where the "Majority" (=Jubilee) decided that they shall remain on those committees to "represent CORD. In Other words the opposition has no say how it runs its own affairs. I haven't understood why this has not reached the courts. Parliament is not a foreign country and the High Court and above have universal jurisdiction
3. Whether CORD MPs spoke for ever (something they can't do under the rules) or sang psalms, the law was going to pass because they have the majority of MPs who never read the laws and even stumbled reading the amendments they were each assigned to read. No wonder the Hansard was delayed as the mandarins try to doctor it in case it turns out Muturi had ready written papers and did not derive the information verbally from the floor;

I don't know how Raila comes in to this - even by way of analogy. This is just the old GEMA tactic of introducing Raila in every issue. Thankfully it has opened our eyes and we now mention Uhuru in everything. By 2017 we would have demonized him beyond the current areas of maximum saturation - Nyanza and Western, Coast and partially Eastern. We hope to penetrate NEP and parts of RV.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 10:26:33 PM »
We are long way from issue based politics. Majority are supporting or opposing any issues based on knee jerk tribal sentiments they've heard from their tribal leaders.

You're very correct.  I have been on the receiving end of abuse for calling for a principles led politics... But we will change things, one man at a time....

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 10:44:49 PM »
Tribal politics will never change. Look at USA. Racial politics is a big thing. So get use to it.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 10:58:15 PM »
Tribal politics will never change. Look at USA. Racial politics is a big thing. So get use to it.

Not a good comparison.   The USA manages to change and re-invent itself, which is why it manages to stay No. 1.   Consider the change in racial politics in the USA from 1965 to now, and compare with the change of tribal politics in Kenya during the same period.    In Kenya it is, for example,  accepted even today that a certain region will never, ever vote any but their own for the presidency! 

In general: On the basis of my own experiences, in both countries,  I would rather take my chances with racism in the USA than with tribalism in Kenya.   In the USA I can, in some cases, sue and win.   Suing over tribalism in Kenya?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 11:17:11 PM »

Not a good comparison.   The USA manages to change and re-invent itself, which is why it manages to stay No. 1.   Consider the change in racial politics in the USA from 1965 to now, and compare with the change of tribal politics in Kenya during the same period.    In Kenya it is, for example,  accepted even today that a certain region will never, ever vote any but their own for the presidency! 

In general: On the basis of my own experiences, in both countries,  I would rather take my chances with racism in the USA than with tribalism in Kenya.   In the USA I can, in some cases, sue and win.   Suing over tribalism in Kenya?
Yep.  It is night and day.  If Obama were to run as Republican, he would kiss the black vote goodbye.  Race might matter, but it is not the most important factor.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 11:48:41 AM »
Bryan

I try to return something to the Fatherland. So I devote some fixed time on such issues. Besides it is a serious reversal which I can assure you had it been Raila or any other CORD person doing it, I would turn on him the way I turned on Raila over Mau. There can be no compromises over principles.

Omollo, please don't give up the gallant fight.  Ensuring that it is always Principles led and justified.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 02:25:30 PM »
I disagree. I have no craving for the praise of Raila. Not when I have a record of going after him from time to time.

My concern is objectivity. The Raila defense - which is a common GEMA line - gets tiresome. If Kimemia has stolen police cars, the defense must include Raila. Now I don't expect you to do that. I can very easily excuse the buffoons who do it routinely because some British PR has told them demonizing Raila earns them votes. In reality I don't care because it has got them all the ethnic votes possible. Now that is working for Raila in the inverse / converse sense.

Rayirla is the one negro one dude claimed to have read the katiba for him. But the problem cuts across and I merely agreed with Pundit. The problem is your knee jerk reaction whenever Rayirla is not being praised.

Who are these CORD sell outs you keep singing about? The committee had at least 13 of them. Am interested in their identity

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 02:28:28 PM »
The lesson we are learning too late is that Civil Society declared victory and went home to retire. In one swoop the other side restored everything we had thought dead and buried. Now it means more Njoyas will be beaten and More Muge's will die.
Bryan

Omollo, please don't give up the gallant fight.  Ensuring that it is always Principles led and justified.