Author Topic: 2nd time seeing Ruto  (Read 2277 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
2nd time seeing Ruto
« on: January 22, 2023, 10:20:39 PM »
1st first time I saw him walking with uhuru in 2009 or around..to burning Ibrahim house next to nation.I remember seeing uhuru and my mp then kones..they were tall..I saw Ruto..medium height. I was heading  the bars in kimathi Street. My friend at UON who was KANU had seen him in 2002..I ask him how Ruto looked ..Black Short..my friend was KANU GUY but obviously i had been born DP ..kibaki was my guy..i had started taking keen interest on Ruto circa 2001....long storey....so recently I am in tatu city with my daughter....as we enter the main road are aggressive cops..get out of the road..we park our car by roadside..cops all over...we ask..Ruto is in Ruiru..we park by roadside...few minutes he passes..he is the front of 4WD land cruiser..he waves at small crowd smilling..I see a glimpses of him..

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: 2nd time seeing Ruto
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 10:44:40 PM »
I saw moi first time in 1991 kericho showground..I would lie if I say I have seen someone more remarkable...Moi was extremely smart..black.. clean..smart..strong..only his cracked voice had a fault.He had wierd eyes..i guess lenses made him surreal. He listened attentively. Long black clean shoes...his dark clean face with wierd eyes.. then he spoke softly...never sloudged

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 01:45:27 AM »
I have some photos of my mum with Moi when he visited the school where she was headmistress. Lakini msiseme mimi ni mtoto ya Moi. Moi had swag.

I saw moi first time in 1991 kericho showground..I would lie if I say I have seen someone more remarkable...Moi was extremely smart..black.. clean..smart..strong..only his cracked voice had a fault.He had wierd eyes..i guess lenses made him surreal. He listened attentively. Long black clean shoes...his dark clean face with wierd eyes.. then he spoke softly...never sloudged

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 06:15:49 AM »
If I were you fake einstein I would not have divulged that information on a public forum. Behind what @Pundit calls Moi's smart suits was a consummate womanizer. With all due respect to your mom, she was also a statistic? During Moi Presidency it was an open secret that Moi visited schools with women headmistresses and had affairs with ALL of them with exception of NONE! That is why the Principal of Pangani girls Mrs Ruth Cheruiyot had kiburi like hell. Moi girls headmistress also a mistress. Moi was responsible for the demise of Lenana school even though his son went to that school and got expelled while he was Vice President. On becoming President Moi forcussed more on Girls schools not because of their education but coz of the headmistresses. Why lie, I used to supervise the registration desk of international conferences in Gigiri and each time Moi and his entourage swept by just a yard next to me, I felt that awesome power in the air that this remarkable man possessed at the time. Wueh! Any woman could have been week kneed at such power. Was this power solely because of being President? Mayne not. How come when I took up a similar posting when President Mkapa came by, that aura or earthquake wasn't there for down to earth shorty Mkapa?

Wewe pia ni mtoto wa Moi!
?s=20&t=DdKJ8z0hu-atT3Yn6iiiKg

I have some photos of my mum with Moi when he visited the school where she was headmistress. Lakini msiseme mimi ni mtoto ya Moi.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 06:45:57 AM »
1st first time I saw him walking with uhuru in 2009 or around..to burning Ibrahim house next to nation.I remember seeing uhuru and my mp then kones..they were tall..I saw Ruto..medium height. ... nye.. nye
We met President Kibaki and Ruto as a family at a public event when one of us won a National award. Ruto was then Agricultural Minister and yes Kibaki was taller than Ruto which confirms that indeed Ruto is only of medium build. There is nothing anonymous about meeting a President in the flesh so pictures of that meeting proudly adorn our living room walls. Anyone who wants a copy can ask me to inbox.

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 08:08:31 AM »
I've heard of the many headmistress rumours, including sijui Moi Girls Nairobi, Alliance Girls etc. That's why I added that mtoto ya Moi disclaimer. There's zero chance that my mom and MO1 could have been an item in any way. They met only once and my mom is practically a Mother Teresa type saint who can't be bought by any amount of money.

But Moi was special. I only noticed this recently. The man even had a stylish fade at independence. Citizen did a piece on his charisma:

If I were you fake einstein I would not have divulged that information on a public forum. Behind what @Pundit calls Moi's smart suits was a consummate womanizer. With all due respect to your mom, she was also a statistic? During Moi Presidency it was an open secret that Moi visited schools with women headmistresses and had affairs with ALL of them with exception of NONE! That is why the Principal of Pangani girls Mrs Ruth Cheruiyot had kiburi like hell. Moi girls headmistress also a mistress. Moi was responsible for the demise of Lenana school even though his son went to that school and got expelled while he was Vice President. On becoming President Moi forcussed more on Girls schools not because of their education but coz of the headmistresses. Why lie, I used to supervise the registration desk of international conferences in Gigiri and each time Moi and his entourage swept by just a yard next to me, I felt that awesome power in the air that this remarkable man possessed at the time. Wueh! Any woman could have been week kneed at such power. Was this power solely because of being President? Mayne not. How come when I took up a similar posting when President Mkapa came by, that aura or earthquake wasn't there for down to earth shorty Mkapa?

I have some photos of my mum with Moi when he visited the school where she was headmistress. Lakini msiseme mimi ni mtoto ya Moi.

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 08:13:32 AM »
Forgot that my dad has met Moi too. I don't want to divulge too much, but my dad sold him kidogo construction supplies and he invited my humble family either to State House or Kabarnet Gardens for tea just after Jomo death. I wasn't around then... and I didn't see any pictures. I'll bring up this story when we have a family gathering in 2 weeks -- I don't remember the full story.

I've heard of the many headmistress rumours, including sijui Moi Girls Nairobi, Alliance Girls etc. That's why I added that mtoto ya Moi disclaimer. There's zero chance that my mom and MO1 could have been an item in any way. They met only once and my mom is practically a Mother Teresa type saint who can't be bought by any amount of money.

But Moi was special. I only noticed this recently. The man even had a stylish fade at independence. Citizen did a piece on his charisma:

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 08:21:01 AM »
Thing about Moi is that he was very wealthy and unlike say Uhuru, he was very generous. Meeting him could be a life changer. I think that contributed to the "illusion" of power. And these days social media and many other factors have made leaders much more accessible, so there's no mystery to them

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 09:13:37 AM »
Yes Moi literally walked around with millions. He stopped in our high school - asked for a cheque book - wrote us 500K - to buy bread. In my next school - he stopped and gave us 3 million - to build a dormitory and invited us to Kabarak to pick a TATA bus.

The cheque was written. Daniel Toroitich Moi. Kenya Commercial Bank. Kabarnet Branch. He had some of most beautiful handwritting I ever saw.

Thing about Moi is that he was very wealthy and unlike say Uhuru, he was very generous. Meeting him could be a life changer. I think that contributed to the "illusion" of power. And these days social media and many other factors have made leaders much more accessible, so there's no mystery to them

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 10:27:11 AM »

Its just the media and brainwashing . What audacity experienced was not power but being start struck . In contrast Mkapa not being a celebrity by those standards then as he was not being shown on television daily didnt hit him as a celebrity.
Young ones and ladies get easily start struck .

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • EVERY KENYAN SHOULD HAVE A GUN.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 10:53:56 AM »
1st first time I saw him walking with uhuru in 2009 or around..to burning Ibrahim house next to nation.I remember seeing uhuru and my mp then kones..they were tall..I saw Ruto..medium height. I was heading  the bars in kimathi Street. My friend at UON who was KANU had seen him in 2002..I ask him how Ruto looked ..Black Short..my friend was KANU GUY but obviously i had been born DP ..kibaki was my guy..i had started taking keen interest on Ruto circa 2001....long storey....so recently I am in tatu city with my daughter....as we enter the main road are aggressive cops..get out of the road..we park our car by roadside..cops all over...we ask..Ruto is in Ruiru..we park by roadside...few minutes he passes..he is the front of 4WD land cruiser..he waves at small crowd smilling..I see a glimpses of him..

Uhuru is very tall.

Pundit...You said you live in kijanii,Then you are claiming you saw Ruto when he came to ALL godowns Twiga goods and YOU were inside Tatu city...the only residential place inside Tatu city is unity homes small 2br apartments..then your brother lives in ruiru..You come visiting him.your lies don't add up.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 11:08:39 AM »

Uhuru is very tall.

Pundit...You said you live in kijanii,Then you are claiming you saw Ruto when he came to ALL godowns Twiga goods and YOU were inside Tatu city...the only residential place inside Tatu city is unity homes small 2br apartments..then your brother lives in ruiru..You come visiting him.your lies don't add up.
No this was last week when he was coming from launching construction of some affordable housing in Ruiru. My bro lives in Ruiru. My daughter use to go to Crawford but shifted. I also some apartments in unity homes...I was among the first buyers..I met Jon the Mzungu who own it on my way to drop the kids..I liked him...told me they were investing their own...not borrowed money.. had built in Eldoret...there was nandi sales guy..my wife run the apartments as Airbnb.I was actually checking on unity one bedroom that day. I don't own any Kijani ridge..overpriced for such a location..i also don't quite know where I live..it middle of kiambu and Nairobi county

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 11:10:51 AM »

Uhuru is very tall.

No this was last week when he was coming from launching construction of some affordable housing in Ruiru. My bro lives in Ruiru. My daughter use to go to Crawford but shifted. I also some apartments in unity homes...I was among the first buyers..I met Jon the Mzungu who own it on my way to drop the kids..I liked him...told me they were investing their own...not borrowed money.. had built in Eldoret...there was nandi sales guy..my wife run the apartments as Airbnb.I was actually checking on unity one bedroom. I don't own any Kijani ridge..overpriced for such a location..i also don't quite know where I live..it middle of kiambu and Nairobi county.I have many apartments n houses as in strictly invest only in real estate..I have never own ant stock..and will never. I find it equivalent to gambling .Land in shags i buy to exclusively I plant bluegum...those are my retirement plan...

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 12:04:45 PM »

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • EVERY KENYAN SHOULD HAVE A GUN.
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 01:17:48 PM »

Uhuru is very tall.

No this was last week when he was coming from launching construction of some affordable housing in Ruiru. My bro lives in Ruiru. My daughter use to go to Crawford but shifted. I also some apartments in unity homes...I was among the first buyers..I met Jon the Mzungu who own it on my way to drop the kids..I liked him...told me they were investing their own...not borrowed money.. had built in Eldoret...there was nandi sales guy..my wife run the apartments as Airbnb.I was actually checking on unity one bedroom. I don't own any Kijani ridge..overpriced for such a location..i also don't quite know where I live..it middle of kiambu and Nairobi county.I have many apartments n houses as in strictly invest only in real estate..I have never own ant stock..and will never. I find it equivalent to gambling .Land in shags i buy to exclusively I plant bluegum...those are my retirement plan...

Why are you lying?

It's public record when you stated that you live in kijani ridge times ago.I don't have time to do search.

When Ruto left affordable housing project,Only the OJ Bypass Junction was closed by police officers.If you were in Tatu city you could have used Kiambu road.No entrance of Tatu city did the police blockade.I was in Tatu city that moment heading to Kiambu.

One time you are at Kamakis Ruiru.Another time you are Spa mall ruiru being chased by thugs.Another time you are in unity homes.Then your daughter used to study at Crawford Ruiru.

I think you live either at Kamakis,Unity homes like most bloggers or Lifestyle apartment opposite Nova.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2023, 01:52:22 PM »
My dad met Kenyatta and Moi as Presidents
He told me Kenyatta had very scary eyes like a lion very deep you couldnt look into him
As for Moi he told me he was an easy guy they even shared dinner but told me Moi was really uncivilised instead of using toothpicks Moi used his fingers nails as option quite disgusting dad said.
Myself have only met Ruto and greeted him at airport way back i regret not introducing myself formally to him. Ruto very down to earth.
And actually from my avatar there is someone very close to Family  with Kenyatta. I love that Pic.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2023, 03:14:00 PM »
Well, I'm sure you've all interacted with Ruto online.

Back in the day, Ruto used to lurk in the online diaspora.

I thought he was unremarkable so quite surprised he's now the president. Kudos to him.

Dream big fellow Nipateans. Anything is possible, literally  8)

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 05:25:04 AM »
There was a huge cult of personality around Moi. The many choir songs, sycophantic politicians who needed their bloodsucking not to be interrupted, 1 pm news bulletins starting with MO1s whereabouts etc.

I sometimes fantasize about being an African leader in the 80s. I heard that there was a leader who would appear from the clouds on TV (animation) before any evening news bulletin, not sure if that was Mobutu. Talk of being a supreme being, walking on Cloud 9. I would write a propaganda book with my philosophies like Gaddafi's Green Book or Mao's Red Book. But easier said than done. When power is that sweet, many people want it and can make your life hell on earth. Just curious about this life though, I care more about an opportunity to have impact in a young nation.

Its just the media and brainwashing . What audacity experienced was not power but being start struck . In contrast Mkapa not being a celebrity by those standards then as he was not being shown on television daily didnt hit him as a celebrity.
Young ones and ladies get easily start struck .

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2023, 05:56:29 AM »
Everybody knows that Moi was a terrible leader. We know that he and everyone around him stole like there's no tomorrow. We're just being objective and discussing his other facets. He was brutal to opposition, but who wouldn't be in those days, in Africa?

He, to the surprise of the people around him, repealed Section 2A of the constitution, giving rise to multipartyism. The opposition should blame themselves and not him, for not uniting and unseating him in 1992. He gave them the opportunity to do so.

He didn't hang on to the presidency like neighboring Ssebo and so many others, he exited bila drama in 2002. Kenyans stoned him and he asked for forgiveness. Kenya was still able to hold her own compared to other African countries, even with no natural resources -- no civil strife etc. I think the foresight behind his Peace, Love & Unity philosophy went over our heads though. I mean, it only took just one 5 year term without him at the helm for us to nearly tear this country down.

We like to imagine how the country would have been had Kibaki taken over in 1978. But there's a good chance that Kibaki and many like him would probably not have been able to navigate the political environment of the 80s, which potentially could have plunged the country into chaos.

To me, Moi is like that terrible father that we hated as children. But you grow up, and consider all the factors that he had to deal with, you don't excuse his badness, but you make an effort to understand it a little better.

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 06:01:29 AM »
You want to say he was on Mashada?  :)

Well, I'm sure you've all interacted with Ruto online.

Back in the day, Ruto used to lurk in the online diaspora.

I thought he was unremarkable so quite surprised he's now the president. Kudos to him.

Dream big fellow Nipateans. Anything is possible, literally  8)