Author Topic: Remittances Are Now People's Monthly salaries  (Read 1060 times)

Offline sema

• Enigma
Remittances Are Now People's Monthly salaries
« on: December 22, 2022, 10:54:51 PM »
Remittances are good if you are helping retired parents and if the money is being used for their upkeep for things like food, medicines, hospital care, etc but what is increasingly happening is that you have a group of young, healthy, kenyans who have decided not to work or not to hustle and they are bothering their relatives with whatsapp messages all the time with their requests for money.

Ruto has many things to fix, but I don't know how he is going to fix the mentality of kenyans who have become lazy, drunkards, no motivation, no work ethic. nothing.

I've said before that if you are a young person in kenya and find yourself unemployed, it's time to seriously think about immigration (even to the middle east). They are too many young kenyan men in their 20's and 30's that are just refusing to work. And I keep saying that this social media craze is messing with their heads because they all think that starting a youtube channel or podcast where you sit on your ass all day talking about women is "work". 35 year old men who've never had jobs are just sitting around talking about women, sex, alcohol and posting it on youtube and calling this foolishness a "job" (35 year old men in kenya, I have concluded, have the intellectual capacity of maybe a 13 or 14 year old in the west)

This is going to be Ruto's biggest crisis in my opinion. How to change this lost generation of twats.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Remittances Are Now People's Monthly salaries
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 09:23:30 AM »
Kibe issues again

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga is a CONMAN.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 10:02:03 AM »
I uninstalled tiktok Facebook Instagram telegram all those apps from my phone..from morning to evening the agenda is sex drugs and crime.the worst things on earth... normalisation of evil.If these things continue our social fabric will be destroyed.Sometimes when you here an adult Kenyan male or female speaking,you just freeze.Alot of stupidity and toxicity.They call it free speech but it should have limits.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 02:19:24 PM »
Annual remittance is $3.6b , that amounts to less than 3% of GDP. In addition a significant percentage of the remittance is somali's  and south Sudan.  Majority of kenyans aren't dependent on remittance. The real problem in kenya is unemployment and underemployment which can only be solved by investment in production and provision of services.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 02:36:16 PM »
Annual remittance is $3.6b , that amounts to less than 3% of GDP.

I think there's a lot more being sent that is not being accounted for.  Too many people I"m hearing from in the diaspora are complaining about the frequent requests for money that they are receiving.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 02:41:51 PM »
Kibe issues again

I was actually thinking about relatives when I wrote this post and wondering why they are not considering immigration as a solution to their permanent unemployment status. You can't sit there till your 40 with no money or no job.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 03:45:25 PM »
Annual remittance is $3.6b , that amounts to less than 3% of GDP. In addition a significant percentage of the remittance is somali's  and south Sudan.  Majority of kenyans aren't dependent on remittance. The real problem in kenya is unemployment and underemployment which can only be solved by investment in production and provision of services.

Serious under investments in most areas. Take for example simple staff like processed foods. They can bring down food inflation and stop dependence on imports. Remove taxes on processed food both at production and consumption levels. That is a policy that is forward not backward.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 03:47:00 PM »
I uninstalled tiktok Facebook Instagram telegram all those apps from my phone..from morning to evening the agenda is sex drugs and crime.the worst things on earth... normalisation of evil.If these things continue our social fabric will be destroyed.Sometimes when you here an adult Kenyan male or female speaking,you just freeze.Alot of stupidity and toxicity.They call it free speech but it should have limits.

I removed all these crap too. It doesnt add any value to my life.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 03:48:30 PM »
Kibe issues again

I was actually thinking about relatives when I wrote this post and wondering why they are not considering immigration as a solution to their permanent unemployment status. You can't sit there till your 40 with no money or no job.

7mil young people cant move, so this is a non starter.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 05:20:49 PM »
7mil young people cant move, so this is a non starter.

Can't move why? So many kenyans from rural poverty and the slums are now working in the middle east.  What I am saying is that there is a generation of people that have NEVER worked, have NEVER been employed and this has become the new normal and no recognition that it isn't normal for people to be without jobs.