Author Topic: Mwangi says it is incompetence of uhuru and raila people  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
Re: Mwangi says it is incompetence of uhuru and raila people
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2022, 07:58:12 AM »

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2022, 02:53:39 PM »
 I think Kenyaplato is right on the money. Kenya elections are still predominantly tribal. In all the Raila five attempts, I think he won fair and square in 2007 solely because of Kalenjin votes. Had he won Kikuyu votes in 2022, he would have won again, and I think with the system in place, he would have been sworn in today. In 2007, the system was used to steal his win. The day Luhyas united and put their votes in one basket, they will be a force to reckon with because of their numbers. Gema and Kalenjins have won because of those extreme cohesive forces within tribe. Tribes like Luos and Kambas will need the sizeable Luhya votes and either Kikuyu or Kalenjins to shatter the ceiling. That is what Raila did in 2007 but failed in 2022. I don't think the system is strong enough to win someone's votes, especially after the 2010 constitution. Kibaki and Moi were the last to entrench the system and use it to rig. I don't think any President will be able to rig elections going forward, especially if Ruto's 10 years succeed in strengthening independent institutions.
The ideal place we need to go is to have individuals voting on issues and not with the tribe so that anyone from any community can get a chance to produce a president.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2022, 03:01:44 PM »
Uhuru with handshake neutered Raila
I don't think so. If Uhuru had a handshake with Ruto, Ruto would have won 100% of GEMA, adding to his numbers. There is no evidence that Uhuru neutered Raila. Because of his issue-based campaigning, Ruto was to get his votes on the coast, western, and anywhere in between. Uhuru and Raila low network thought  Uhuru was the Kikuyu kingpin and was hoping for 90%+ of okuyus to follow his lead. They felt they Had Ruto by the balls; that is why they had zero humility. Now that Gema has led the way in defying the supposed kingpin, other tribes will follow suit. In decades to come, I think kingpins will mean nothing much in Kenyan politics.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!