Author Topic: No wonder Kalenjin Pundit married a kikuyu  (Read 2157 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
No wonder Kalenjin Pundit married a kikuyu
« on: June 22, 2022, 03:10:46 PM »
Hawa Women from Marakwet are tough as nuts. This one is whipping her husband for sleeping with other women. She has a nyahunyo and whipped the idiot man senseless information of the cowering warriors

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: No wonder Kalenjin Pundit married a kikuyu
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 03:35:24 PM »
So I hear Marakwet and Keiyo women are men :) Kipsigis women are docile; I didnt marry one because I would be dead now; I need someone to restrain me; Kipsigis women will leave you do to whatever you want; they dont question; they dont shout; they just sit there and watch you; if they complain to their parents; they are told to go to church and pray for the husband to change :)
Hawa Women from Marakwet are tough as nuts. This one is whipping her husband for sleeping with other women. She has a nyahunyo and whipped the idiot man senseless information of the cowering warriors

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 04:47:58 PM »
These women do not joke. The harsh life in semi,arid areas have hardened them. No wonder moi was beaten by Lorna until kenyatta intervened. I love their spirit. They fight fire with fire. Lovely women.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 05:05:10 PM »
Lol. No wonder he was divorced. I have neighberhour - a nandi man - senior cop - very big - but wife (Tiriki) is so tough - I have heard them fighting - the gun cant help you - actually most of my neigherbour are top cops - but their women fear nothing :)  women know you cannot shot them;

But I swear kipsigis women will not attempt to fight a man. I only know one woman in my entire growing up who use to challenge his husband to fight. Kipsigis women are very docile - and they just grow up knowing you cannot challenge a man to physical fight.

The refrain is always heard from other women- woman you want to fight a man? are you okay? What makes you think you can fight a man? Kipsigis women are just the best if you want stress free life.

These women do not joke. The harsh life in semi,arid areas have hardened them. No wonder moi was beaten by Lorna until kenyatta intervened. I love their spirit. They fight fire with fire. Lovely women.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 06:07:44 PM »
They are only docile till you decide to marry another wife. Chances of you landing 6ft under are very high. Kalejin women tend to kill their husbands in very many cases. Just follow the patern in daily news when men are killed by their wives. Kalejin women top the list.

Lol. No wonder he was divorced. I have neighberhour - a nandi man - senior cop - very big - but wife (Tiriki) is so tough - I have heard them fighting - the gun cant help you - actually most of my neigherbour are top cops - but their women fear nothing :)  women know you cannot shot them;

But I swear kipsigis women will not attempt to fight a man. I only know one woman in my entire growing up who use to challenge his husband to fight. Kipsigis women are very docile - and they just grow up knowing you cannot challenge a man to physical fight.

The refrain is always heard from other women- woman you want to fight a man? are you okay? What makes you think you can fight a man? Kipsigis women are just the best if you want stress free life.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 06:10:36 PM »
That is where I respect Luhyas. Many Kalenjin will not accept a second wife - without a huge fight or most of time a seperation.
They are only docile till you decide to marry another wife. Chances of you landing 6ft under are very high. Kalejin women tend to kill their husbands in very many cases. Just follow the patern in daily news when men are killed by their wives. Kalejin women top the list.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 06:12:04 PM »

Is it true your women do not marry other kabilas? I rarely see kipsigis or Nandi women marrying outside the tribe

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 07:05:30 PM »
Kalenjin are generally insular - we only truly happy amongst our people.
Kalenjin men or other girls will ostracize any Kalenjin woman who start dating  outside...she becomes a pariah ... a dirty crap
So if she does...she is gone...forever. No kalenjin man will be interested in her forever..
But one who date within kalenjin...can be exchanged freely :)

Small percentage do marry - most of those marriages rarely last - except those married to Maasai.
The further a kipsigis woman will go is to marry a Nandi....and maybe other kalenjin subtribes (rare)
Then they marry Maasai, Gusii and Kikuyus.
It almost unheard of Kipsigis -Luo marriage - but I am told in border communities you will find them.
I know only Zakayo Cheruiyot married a Luo woman.
And of course Laboso married a Luo.
Luo-Kalenjin marriage are a rarity due to cut issues.

As for men - we can marry wherever - but still I see it rare and discouraged to marry outside.
So again - marry kalenjin subtribes, then maasai or gusii for us, and the few who dare kikuyus.
I have seen some marry somalis but apart from Zakayo and Laboso I dont know a Luo married in the whole of Kericho or Bomet.
Very very rare despite us being neighborhoods...few kipsigis women will accept to date Luo...and few Kipsigis men will do the same.

Kalenjin have saying Isach Kosachi gaa....shake well and make sure it spill at home --- something like that whatever you do make sure its stay at home.

Is it true your women do not marry other kabilas? I rarely see kipsigis or Nandi women marrying outside the tribe

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2022, 08:50:31 PM »
Most Kenyan tribes are the same, just manipulated perceptions based on media and rumors spread by some wicked tribes. I'd say most tribes tend to not like other tribes, especially on marriage/relationship gate. It is even worse as you go down the economic ladder. In Kalenjin culture, especially Nandi, a man has no boundary in the tribe. If you are marrying one or two they'd prefer one to be Kalenjin because they believe the role of sister-in-law is to take care of mum, especially during old age. I think they believe a Kalenjin woman would understand that role effectively. If you happen to marry a different tribe, they are skeptical in the beginning but once they know her character, treatment going forward will be as good as anyone. If a character is a bad, lazy, or unfriendly type, you can read assures the family and extended family will rock that relationship slowly until the couple feels an unpleasant experience.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2022, 09:31:21 PM »
Kikuyus are not insular on marriage. We are very liberal

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 01:38:36 AM »
They are liberal because other factors facilitates that liberalism. For instance, Kikuyus are spread out in Kenyan than most tribes, so they have interacted/shared cultures the most. Every tribe, no matter how remote they are in Kenya, has Munene or Njoroge, a kiosk/duka vendor, shopkeeper, or butchery guy in the neighborhood. Kids of that diaspora okuyus are usually married within those environments and by the more prominent tribe in the remote locale.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 01:50:56 AM »
Most Kenyan tribes are the same, just manipulated perceptions based on media and rumors spread by some wicked tribes. I'd say most tribes tend to not like other tribes, especially on marriage/relationship gate. It is even worse as you go down the economic ladder. In Kalenjin culture, especially Nandi, a man has no boundary in the tribe. If you are marrying one or two they'd prefer one to be Kalenjin because they believe the role of sister-in-law is to take care of mum, especially during old age. I think they believe a Kalenjin woman would understand that role effectively. If you happen to marry a different tribe, they are skeptical in the beginning but once they know her character, treatment going forward will be as good as anyone. If a character is a bad, lazy, or unfriendly type, you can read assures the family and extended family will rock that relationship slowly until the couple feels an unpleasant experience.

That's about accurate.  Kenya is a very tiny space.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 10:19:13 AM »
Pundit wife is Martha Karua tribe. He needs online escape from domestic chaos.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 12:20:04 PM »
They are liberal because other factors facilitates that liberalism. For instance, Kikuyus are spread out in Kenyan than most tribes, so they have interacted/shared cultures the most. Every tribe, no matter how remote they are in Kenya, has Munene or Njoroge, a kiosk/duka vendor, shopkeeper, or butchery guy in the neighborhood. Kids of that diaspora okuyus are usually married within those environments and by the more prominent tribe in the remote locale.

kikuyus were expansionist from beginning. even before mzungu kikuyus were liberal. the reason why missionaries were hosted by kikuyus is because we are very liberal and willing to embrace new ideas and culture. kikuyu women are embodiment of this liberalism. even with kalenjins being genocidal against kikuyus they still get married to kales. personally I would never touch a Kale because I know when chips are down she would murder or betray me to her kin.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 12:26:12 PM »
There three old cucu women in my location who are kikuyus.
They are 80-90yrs
My uncle has married daughter of one.
Kalenjin call girls - visitors - girls have no clan or tribe.
A girl is cheptoo - visitor
Kalenjin will not attack kikuyu married to a kalenjin whatever - women simply dont have tribe to kalenjin  - they belong to their parents as visitor and eventually find their identity in their husband.
If a kikuyu who become assimilated - to become a kalenjin - is considered one.
kikuyus were expansionist from beginning. even before mzungu kikuyus were liberal. the reason why missionaries were hosted by kikuyus is because we are very liberal and willing to embrace new ideas and culture. kikuyu women are embodiment of this liberalism. even with kalenjins being genocidal against kikuyus they still get married to kales. personally I would never touch a Kale because I know when chips are down she would murder or betray me to her kin.