Author Topic: DEAR MEMBERS-NOTICE OF VACATION  (Read 4553 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: DEAR MEMBERS-NOTICE OF VACATION
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2022, 12:45:08 AM »
Considering unlike it's cousin arrow roots which is indigenous to Africa; it came from south america in 15-16th century; I wonder what etymology of the word.
Beans depending on where it arrived from - some call it maharangwe (if it came from coast) or ngende - internal.
Maize - Kalenjin and maasai call it pandek - it seem it came from Tanzania coast - others call it variant of mahindi - meaning it came from indian ocean.
Tobacco - almost retained it word when it came from portugal to senegal to res to of africa - almost all tribes retain a tobbaco sounding word for it.
Many crops in kenya and Africa- are either africa or from south america - coming to africa with slave trading.
Mostly tropical foods - maize, beans, some tubers, bananas....came to Africa from America in 15-16th century.
Millet, sorghum, cowpeas are original to africa..so are yams and arrow roots.
Irish potatos and wheat are new arrival from Europe.
It(or a derivative) is also used in Gusii and Luhya languages for sweet potatoes. 

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2022, 02:47:37 AM »
Yeah raboun - is exact same word for sweat potato in kalenjin  - rabounik- not sure where name came from. But Kalenjin refer kikuyu more as bean eaters- chepngende  - for kalenjin - kikuyus are more prolific eaters of beans than sweat potatos- ngende is word we share with bukusu for beans - meaning we probably borrowed bean eating/growing from that direction. Others just call beans = njoroge. I am not sure if it njoroge like you have wairimu beans? I see Njoroge are the runner beans....the red or kidney beans are more ngendek...then rose coco are white-red beans.
I know they call us Jaraboun meaning waru eaters
Never heard of njoroge beans but wairimu beans sure staple in Central. Before mzungu kikuyus farmed millet and njahi beans

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2022, 01:49:20 PM »
How can you change someone's post? We ni nani? His big daddy? Ati you didn't realize he'd get mad? Even Veri can't do that. Tabia mboff, hii. Especially for someone who sings about dictators, bana, go look in the mirror. Veri, take away Pundit's mod privileges because he's now abusing them for the sake of his politics.  :o

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2022, 02:36:19 PM »
Fala, I dont need mod privilege's, I have never used them. I corrected a mathematical error.
How can you change someone's post? We ni nani? His big daddy? Ati you didn't realize he'd get mad? Even Veri can't do that. Tabia mboff, hii. Especially for someone who sings about dictators, bana, go look in the mirror. Veri, take away Pundit's mod privileges because he's now abusing them for the sake of his politics.  :o

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2022, 03:56:24 PM »
Fala, I dont need mod privilege's, I have never used them. I corrected a mathematical error.

Ati you corrected a mathematical error. In someone else's name? Coz you couldn't post and argue normally that it was wrong? And kept arguing with several people even after the person protested mpaka they quit?? Huna aibu still defending yourself. Correct your daughter's maths book, kumbaf. Pundit Amin Dada.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2022, 04:20:15 PM »
As a mod I believe I can correct typos including mathematical ones :) Let Pajero come up and re-do his maths :) - but he wont because he knows - Raila is dead. I didnt even get to his numbers. Maths pekee yake amefeli :) and doesnt want to be corrected.
Ati you corrected a mathematical error. In someone else's name? Coz you couldn't post and argue normally that it was wrong? And kept arguing with several people even after the person protested mpaka they quit?? Huna aibu still defending yourself. Correct your daughter's maths book, kumbaf. Pundit Amin Dada.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2022, 04:30:03 PM »
abuse of mod powers obviously. Shame on you.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2022, 04:58:48 PM »
Censorship  :o

This mlevi has been pestering posters for sometime, stern action has to be taken. He needs to be taken behind the shade and given severe thrashing. Mkorofi yeye, shenzi tena

You better pray Pajero comes back fala otherwise it is on sight kuma nyinye
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2022, 05:14:51 PM »
Come August this forum will be shutdown because most of you will disappear. Pajero took that decision because he knows MATHS IMEFAIL. I returned back the title :) but he aint coming back. I offered public apology. He aint coming back. The reason is obvious. He knows Raila has drunk WATER.

This mlevi has been pestering posters for sometime, stern action has to be taken. He needs to be taken behind the shade and given severe thrashing. Mkorofi yeye, shenzi tena

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2022, 10:24:50 PM »
Come August this forum will be shutdown because most of you will disappear. Pajero took that decision because he knows MATHS IMEFAIL. I returned back the title :) but he aint coming back. I offered public apology. He aint coming back. The reason is obvious. He knows Raila has drunk WATER.

Damn, I guess I will be the last one to close the shop again. I was the only one left at the other nipate until admin told me to log out or buy the thing if I wanted to stick around! As soon as I logged off, an hour later the thing was kaput! Either way, I'm ready to be the last one to shut the Goddamn lights off! I have to respond to all Railaletes!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2022, 02:21:18 AM »

Yea right, your god is crying be fair to us almost in tears, stop trying to gaslight us mogotio goat.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2022, 06:41:48 AM »
Pajero be man enough or woman enough and come back stop whining like a child,what you asked has been done dont catch permanent feelings. Dont let netters discuss your petty issue when we have mbig things to discuss like how by 7am, baba will be in bondo :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2022, 06:56:38 AM »
I have warned him for almost a year that if he attempt to put pen and paper on 2022 election numbers; he will not recover; I told him to get an excel; and he has been hesistant; just blurting nonsense like Raila is leading in 6 out 8 provinces; once he sat down; he saw fire! he was burning live live - and boy I enjoyed his self-immolation.

Pajero has self-exiled for attempting to calculate a Raila non-existent victory.

Pajero be man enough or woman enough and come back stop whining like a child,what you asked has been done dont catch permanent feelings. Dont let netters discuss your petty issue when we have mbig things to discuss like how by 7am, baba will be in bondo :D

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2022, 07:06:46 AM »

He says he has apologized yet he is still "defending himself", what kind of apology is that?
I am vindicated. For the longest while, I have complained that this mod has deleted - not one but a number of my posts. His partner in crime and fellow moderator @Patel has posted on this very thread in support of the vile action against Pajero. It is now obvious, these two have let emotions get into the way of the privilege, @veritas bestowed on them as servants on this blog. @Dear Mami, I approve your message(s)!

Every 5 years we know the winner of these online debates. It is the election outcome. Can't we all be rational until then? It is the reason I pray for all of you to be safe until then.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2022, 07:12:27 AM »
Nonsense. You think being a moderator here give anybody any powers. Nobody has ever been banned here. Raila losing is making many of you lose your mind.
He says he has apologized yet he is still "defending himself", what kind of apology is that?
I am vindicated. For the longest while, I have complained that this mod has deleted - not one but a number of my posts. His partner in crime and fellow moderator @Patel has posted on this very thread in support of the vile action against Pajero. It is now obvious, these two have let emotions get into the way of the privilege, @veritas bestowed on them as servants on this blog. @Dear Mami, I approve your message(s)!

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2022, 07:22:03 AM »
Nonsense. You think being a moderator here give anybody any powers. Nobody has ever been banned here. Raila losing is making many of you lose your mind.

Surely a half hearted apology after huge outcry doesn't cut it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2022, 07:27:39 AM »
If some of you had an opportunity you'd harm someone for telling you the truth.
Learn to accept facts.
They are very stubborn.
This was pure mathematical edit....based on HIS OWN NUMBERS.
Something that I was hoping we can resolve..easily.
Then he can move on to explain his numbers and the reasoning behind.

Obviously he failed - and had mental breakdown - as Raila victory was once against snatched :)

Surely a half hearted apology after huge outcry doesn't cut it.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2022, 07:55:30 AM »
If some of you had an opportunity you'd harm someone for telling you the truth.
Learn to accept facts.
They are very stubborn.
This was pure mathematical edit....based on HIS OWN NUMBERS.
Something that I was hoping we can resolve..easily.
Then he can move on to explain his numbers and the reasoning behind.

Obviously he failed - and had mental breakdown - as Raila victory was once against snatched :)

Now who displayed his tiktatorial tendencies with his shameless censorship?   :D

You keep projecting your crimes on to us.  :D

Accept responsibility, issue a full apology in a separate thread and sticky it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2022, 07:57:14 AM »
LOL - even if I do that - Pajero is not coming back - Raila is not winning. That simple. Deal with elephant in the house. Raila is losing. Pajero now knows it. It it him like 24 wheeler hit him when he got the excel.

Pajero has done the disappearing act that almost most of you will do on 10th August. Ngojea tu.

Now who displayed his tiktatorial tendencies with his shameless censorship?   :D

You keep projecting your crimes on to us.  :D

Accept responsibility, issue a full apology in a separate thread and sticky it.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2022, 07:58:54 AM »
Honestly guys and am not defending Pundit,what else do you want him to do?guy has apologised we all agree what he did was wrong and shouldn't happen,we are past this. The onus is now on pajero to comeback and continue posting you can't let a single issue make you quit unless really you were planning so. Lets all be there till 10th August and beyond,its unfortunate some netters disappear after election :D I think have been netting since 2007 days of rcbowen. Those are many years bana started in my early 20s