Author Topic: Russian Radio Chatter  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Russian Radio Chatter
« on: March 24, 2022, 11:15:38 PM »
on open un-encrypted channels in Ukraine.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Russian Radio Chatter
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 01:19:18 AM »
Only 2 people conversing over the radio and one of them has a very heavy Ukranian accent.
This stuff is so hollywood.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 05:30:46 AM »
Only 2 people conversing over the radio and one of them has a very heavy Ukranian accent.
This chatter is more plausible than the threads you author here. Better than your threads where you talk to yourself. No one contributes to your nonsense ever since you were certified low IQ by the moderator.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 06:05:22 AM »
Remember the saying, If you argue with a fool people from a distance cant tell who is who. I wont engage you. Youre back and forth with RV has actually degraded him . I dont have that time.

This chatter is more plausible than the threads you author here. Better than your threads where you talk to yourself. No one contributes to your nonsense ever since you were certified low IQ by the moderator.

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 06:05:15 PM »

There is a sequel.  He swears it's not propaganda. 

That aside, the fact that this stuff could be picked up by all sorts of people means the Russians(at least the ones in this operation) either really suck at this or they had no other choice.

The nature of a society tends to spill over into everything else they do, including how they conduct war.  Russia is an eminently corrupt place, so it would not surprise me that some oligarchs have emerged out of looting the military budget(Putin increased it dramatically) and leaving them on their own to improvise on basics like communications.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 10:23:55 PM »
Pundit said Putin would be in Kiev for lunch. Instead it seems he has given up capturing the capital of Ukraine and other western cities.

?s=20&t=Dtd57xTXOn8bBkkYhTd2vA

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 02:21:49 AM »
Pundit said Putin would be in Kiev for lunch. Instead it seems he has given up capturing the capital of Ukraine and other western cities.

I wonder how much of that is down to expenses.  Fighting a modern war is an expensive affair, even in the best of circumstances.  Far more expensive than a parade with missiles on Red Square.

Harriet Tubman

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 06:57:50 AM »

I wonder how much of that is down to expenses.  Fighting a modern war is an expensive affair, even in the best of circumstances.  Far more expensive than a parade with missiles on Red Square.
Termie, let us not be apologists hiding behind 'expenses'. Having alot of money (read: resources) alone does not guarantee the outcome of a war. Israel surrounded by hostile Arab neighbors has often made short work of armies funded by Petro dollars. Battle hardened Tigray combatants had wet dreams of having lunch (Pundit loves using this line) in Addis but a few precise drone strikes on their forward columns and they scampered back home to Tigray. My point is this: Wars are won on intelligence & morale and a couple of other things I hate mentioning. Of what I have mentioned, the former can birth the latter.
In the Ukraine theater, estimates are that 20 general are inside Ukraine directing the war. As at the last of count of a very short period, 7 of them have been killed. That is very high 35% of Russian general on the front lines decimated and cannot be a coincidence. It seems Russian Generals are being deliberate targeted. This could be a policy to prop up morale for fighting Ukrainians and the Ukrainian populace as a whole. And of course, unless Putin is totally deranged and callous, losing his generals must be hurting him.

Western officials say a seventh Russian general has been killed in action. Analysts have previously suggested Ukraine may be deliberately targeting senior Russian military officers

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 09:13:42 AM »

Termie, let us not be apologists hiding behind 'expenses'. Having alot of money (read: resources) alone does not guarantee the outcome of a war. Israel surrounded by hostile Arab neighbors has often made short work of armies funded by Petro dollars. Battle hardened Tigray combatants had wet dreams of having lunch (Pundit loves using this line) in Addis but a few precise drone strikes on their forward columns and they scampered back home to Tigray. My point is this: Wars are won on intelligence & morale and a couple of other things I hate mentioning. Of what I have mentioned, the former can birth the latter.
In the Ukraine theater, estimates are that 20 general are inside Ukraine directing the war. As at the last of count of a very short period, 7 of them have been killed. That is very high 35% of Russian general on the front lines decimated and cannot be a coincidence. It seems Russian Generals are being deliberate targeted. This could be a policy to prop up morale for fighting Ukrainians and the Ukrainian populace as a whole. And of course, unless Putin is totally deranged and callous, losing his generals must be hurting him.

Western officials say a seventh Russian general has been killed in action. Analysts have previously suggested Ukraine may be deliberately targeting senior Russian military officers
Perfectly Put at least we agree on something you can analyze war like I do. War is a complex scenario .
The moment Putin knew that the west and minute to minute intelligence on his plans is the day he would have cancelled the invasion,it appears the west collected soo much treasure troves of intelligence on even the Russian order of battle. This has been the nail on Russias coffin.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 09:30:58 AM »
Lol, the jokes you read in these boards :D I wonder who these petrodollar armies Israel has allegedly defeated are: Is it poor Israel, that no. 1 American mistress (both in funding and near-universal political support both in local US politics and global politics) up against those petro-dollar funded peasant Palestinians who don't/can't even have an army? :D Or is it Hezbollah? Would be shocked to hear they've turned from Iran/Syria/Russia axis to "petrodollar backing."  :D Surely one can't mean Egypt or Saudi Arabia, both of whom are friends of Israel, courtesy of their friendship with uncle Sam, no? So who are these petro-dollared armies made waste-of by Israel? Are we talking about 1940s and 1960s while in the same breath touting "petrodollar" to give a false impression that we're talking about rich armies vs poor Israel? Very curious.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 09:44:05 AM »

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 09:57:29 AM »

If this is true, it supports the analysis that Russia is destroying Ukrainian military capability/capacity. They won't occupy it ala US-Afghanistan. They'll likely mostly withdraw to Eastern Ukraine and only stay in key points to ensure no resurgence can arise.

I'm reading Russia is forcing Europe to buy its gas in Rubbles while the US is selling 15 billion LNG (whatever that means) of its more expensive gas to Europe. I'm still reading around for a good economic analyst to understand what this means. So far, what I understand is that if Europe buys in Rubles, it undercuts the sanctions quite a bit. Already, the rubble regained 30% from just that announcement. At the same time, if the US replaces it in Europe, that can't be good for Russia, no? American gas is also expensive so what does that do to the EU economy and can it really replace Russian gas completely in terms of quantity? I'm no economist and I have to find time to read both sides coz the bias exists even in economic analyses, unfortunately. Nothing is innocent.

I also hear some chatter about Putin being in danger of assassination or toppling/coup. We'll have to wait and see, but my guess at this point is that Biden is in much more danger of losing both the house and the presidency than Putin is, i.e., when regular people really start feeling the pinch of these sanctions in everything getting more and more expensive, making minced meat of their few hard-earned dollars. Already, I've seen more 'balanced' articles starting to sneak into circulation, here and there, detailing just how many experts warned about this war erupting as a direct result of NATO expansion eastwards, for years. In a year, when everyone wants an excuse to hang the president, this may turn into a chorus.

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2022, 11:01:28 AM »

Perfectly Put at least we agree on something you can analyze war like I do. War is a complex scenario .
The moment Putin knew that the west and minute to minute intelligence on his plans is the day he would have cancelled the invasion,it appears the west collected soo much treasure troves of intelligence on even the Russian order of battle. This has been the nail on Russias coffin.

Given this chatter picked up on by amateur ham radio operators,  I wouldn’t be surprised if US intelligence had more info on the day to day goings on of this op than Putin himself.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2022, 11:14:27 AM »

There is truth to that.  The Saudi debacle in Yemen being a good case in point.  But I think it can be one among many factors.  Russia is bogged down in Ukraine against a determined enemy while facing increasing sanctions from the West.

The USSR a relatively large economy - 2nd largest at almost half the US GDP - was brought to its knees partly by being bogged down in Afghanistan.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2022, 02:56:52 AM »

In this clip, they say their strategy was to NOT capture Kyiv all along but to achieve whatever it is they think they currently have.  But they also said they were not going to invade Ukraine, so one can make what they will of that with all due respect to their credibility.  Ukrainians especially would be stupid to believe that joke.

Harriet Tubman

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2022, 07:16:48 AM »
Lol, the jokes you read in these boards :D I wonder who these petrodollar armies Israel has allegedly defeated are: Is it poor Israel, that no. 1 American mistress (both in funding and near-universal political support both in local US politics and global politics) up against those petro-dollar funded peasant Palestinians who don't/can't even have an army? :D Or is it Hezbollah? Would be shocked to hear they've turned from Iran/Syria/Russia axis to "petrodollar backing."  :D Surely one can't mean Egypt or Saudi Arabia, both of whom are friends of Israel, courtesy of their friendship with uncle Sam, no? So who are these petro-dollared armies made waste-of by Israel? Are we talking about 1940s and 1960s while in the same breath touting "petrodollar" to give a false impression that we're talking about rich armies vs poor Israel? Very curious.

Wow, wow, wow, who said I was making ANY reference to 21st century Israel conflicts? Dear Mami, Dear Mami! Take some cue from @Termie, he of multiple handles fame  :D and switch your handle to "Dear Baby" because the 21st century is the only century you seemingly have lived in. No shame, trust me, it won't embarrass you, in fact we oldies on Nipate may actually take to some fondness to your youth seeing that folks like @Punidit lays claim - and never fails to remind members - of his 30 years experience in blogging!

Now onto responding to your post - Why should you be curious? The use of the word SHORT when posting that Israel made "short work of hostile Arab neighbors armies" was DELIBERATE. It was specifically a reference to the duration; certainly not a reference to height for which I suspect you are short and stout6 days and whereas History books records it by other names, it is best known as the 6 day-war. Israel captures and added territories 3 times its size, namely the Golan Heights, the West Bank (incl. East Jerusalem), the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula. Then followed the fourth Arab-Israeli war - The Yom Kippur War - which lasted a little longer BUT actually just 19 days, Hence better known as the October War because it was over BEFORE October was over - 25th October to be precise! I am providing you a link for free although you, yourself should make Google your friend. In the (October War where Egypt and Syria launched a massive surprise attack against the outnumbered and unprepared Israel Defense Force, the aim of the Arabs was to try reclaim the land they lost in 1967. Yet nonetheless, Israel won the war and the Arabs lost even more land. "Unprepared" is what the enemies of Israel thought because they chose to launched the war on the morning of October 6, 1973, on Israel's holiest day in the Jewish calendar, Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement. 
Look, when yours truly, @AoH, has a moment to post on Veritas blog, embrace it as a free History lesson. You are lucky to have a repository of knowledge held by those who have come before you. It is our duty to pass on this knowledge to the next generation. Instead of gratefully taking it all in, you are behaving like my 13 year old last born who thinks he is smarter than his parents and can therefore bullshit us when he is in a bind, forgetting that we were all once 13 years old and had our fair share of teenage mischief. Tafakari haya.   

And one more thing, I worked for UNIFIL (UNITED NATIONS INTERIM FORCE IN LEBANON) for close to 3 years. This name for a UN agency holds my beer as the biggest oxymoron you would call any organization! How can UNIFIL be still carry the word "Interim" when it has been in existence and in operation since March 1978 - that is 44 years today??

Another misconception, I wish to correct is this notion that Israel HAS ALWAYS BEEN "American mistress" (quoting your words"). Israel as a state only existed after 1948. Until 1967, UK and other European powers made Israel their business more than USA did. Around the time of the 3rd Arab-Israeli war, America was stuck and mired in Vietnam. It really wasn't intrested in wooing Israel. In fact America was a stumbling block to Israel in the run up to the 6-Day War of June 1967. You can Google:
The Americans also sponsored a United Nations resolution establishing the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) presence between the Egyptians and the Israelis. During the run up to the Six-Day War, the Americans repeatedly rebuffed Israeli requests for military aid and approval for an Israeli preemptive attack on Egypt.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2022, 08:12:02 AM »
So you were indeed referring to those entities I mentioned. These are the fearsome "petrodollar-funded" armies whose defeat by Israel we're supposed to be thoroughly impressed by?

Palestinians? Those guys have no real armed forces. Deliberately so, that's Israel's entire game: No real state/govt/army for Palestinians. This is how they've kept them an endless ghetto while stealing their land and ethnic cleansing them to near oblivion with American complicity (Ya know, they who are now screaming at the top of their lungs about Ukrainian sovereignty?). You really shouldn't present Palestinians as some sort of monied super-army against Israel, when Israel is a proper army backed and funded by the entire West, most especially the number one nation/superpower for at least 70 years. That picture is just off.

Of course, a real army like Hezbollah fought Israel to a standstill from Lebanon, right in this 21st Century. And these are funded by one of the most heavily sanctioned countries in the world, certainly not flowing with a fraction of the money and resources available to Israel: Iran.

Those Arab nations that fought Israel mid-20th century were just recently decolonized countries, probably not flowing with money, "petrodollar" or otherwise. The richest and most powerful of them all was Egypt.

Take away the Almighty USA and nukes and let Israel face a real army, like Iran, and there's nothing to see here, folks. Nothing to praise/be impressed by. Just humans fighting others. Indeed, if I'm going to be impressed by the fighting or survival prowess of any Middle Eastern country, that's going to be Iran for me (judging from Hezbollah's performance): I mean, fighting off Israel and Saudi Arabia, both heavily backed by their hired gun, the Big U.S. of A., while being sanctioned to the eye-balls, And still living to see another day? Now that's impressive! :D