Author Topic: Raila may pull a 2 vs 42.  (Read 2641 times)

Online KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Raila may pull a 2 vs 42.
« on: March 14, 2022, 11:27:19 PM »
I am seeing central may be consolidating towards ruto and rv kalenjin is gone to ruto. There is also a trend of where the rest of kenya is consolidating towards azimio. What this means is that the more ruto gets votes and defection from kikuyus the more his supporters in other areas flee. This may be unintended but it may end up being a referendum against kikuyu kalenjin hegemony. Very interesting race is shaping up. The moas is going to slide slip and fall this season

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Raila may pull a 2 vs 42.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 11:45:22 PM »
The Mt Kenya consolidation in UDA is fake news. Propaganda is only marginally effective. They are split.
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Online KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 12:24:34 AM »
The Mt Kenya consolidation in UDA is fake news. Propaganda is only marginally effective. They are split.

How,do,you know? Centro is 90% Ruto. Take it to the bank..
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 12:42:27 AM by patel »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 12:30:56 AM »

How,do,you know?

Same way you know  :)

Ruto is sponsoring headlines about Central leaders defecting en mass to UDA. While the truth is most MPs already settled on either side. Karua and Kiunjuri have joined UDA for instance - yet it was a Star headline.

Murang'a na Meru imewakalia ngumu. Gema is split badly for Ruto not Raila.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 12:40:21 AM by patel »
♫♫ They say all good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you ~ song by Julia Michaels

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 12:37:48 AM »
What about the opinion polls, @Robina? They have RAO at 10% in Kirinyaga, 15% Embu, And like lower 20s in the rest except for Kiambu at 35% and Meru/Tharaka higher 20s. Also, lots of Kyuk handles bitterly insulting Uhuru on Twitter/FB/YT, and they seem to have grown worse since Sagana 3.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 12:51:42 AM »
What about the opinion polls, @Robina? They have RAO at 10% in Kirinyaga, 15% Embu, And like lower 20s in the rest except for Kiambu at 35% and Meru/Tharaka higher 20s. Also, lots of Kyuk handles bitterly insulting Uhuru on Twitter/FB/YT, and they seem to have grown worse since Sagana 3.

Propaganda 101. Polls are a dime a dozen. Bots-spam can spew anything.

Just look at Murang'a: at 75% shouldn't it be full-house UDA? But majority of Sabinas, Nduatis, Kimaris, Kiganos are in Azimio. Meru was supposed to be Ruto landslide but alas! the frontrunners - Kiraitu, Kawira - are unmoved... the MOAS had to be quickly revised to avoid embarassing questions.

Outside Gema look at Luhya MPs exodus to Azimio after "earthquake".. here you are told MPs have been bought by Gideon so MOAS remain solid Ruto.

Ukambani is the most laughable - 30% Ruto who has only 3 elected followers. "The ground is hostile" cause bots on twitter have said so.

Online KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 12:56:23 AM »

Anyone,denying ruto strength in Central is deluded.

Online KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 12:58:28 AM »
I agree that moas may have a lot of confirmation bias. We will soon see polls from different credible pollsters and we may then see if the confirmation bias in moas is real or imagined

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 01:02:19 AM »
Well, anecdotally, I've met very few Kyuks supporting Baba. The ones I know just seem very bitter with Uhuru. At the same time, I highly doubt Pundit Ukambani numbers, because I don't know a single Kamba willing to vote for Ruto. And this was before Kalonzo move. Maybe huko ushambani things are different? But I'm yet to meet a Baba-supporting Kyuk or a Ruto-supporting Kamba so far, in my Nairobi circles. Unfortunately, I don't know many Luhyas so I don't have an impression of how the ones in Nai may be feeling.

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 01:43:13 AM »

It could have played out this way but the biggest mistake Raila made was handshake and BBI. It confused the Anti Gema Electorate.
Now Kenyan politics has always been either Anti Gema or Anti Raila.
The Anti Raila electorate is still united and ready to go due to Raila being on the ballot. The Anti Gema electorate was disunified by Handshake and for the first time since Independence there is no steong GEMA candidate. The Anti GEMA card this time around is off thw decks.

I am seeing central may be consolidating towards ruto and rv kalenjin is gone to ruto. There is also a trend of where the rest of kenya is consolidating towards azimio. What this means is that the more ruto gets votes and defection from kikuyus the more his supporters in other areas flee. This may be unintended but it may end up being a referendum against kikuyu kalenjin hegemony. Very interesting race is shaping up. The moas is going to slide slip and fall this season

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2022, 01:44:49 AM »
Im 100% sure by Aug 10 you will have resigned from this board when Ruto wins the elections.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2022, 01:50:08 AM »

It could have played out this way but the biggest mistake Raila made was handshake and BBI. It confused the Anti Gema Electorate.
The Anti Raila electorate is still united and ready to go due to Raila being on the ballot. The Anti Gema electorate was disunified by Handshake and for the first time since Independence there is no steong GEMA candidate. The Anti GEMA card this time around is off thw decks.

The polls seem to be showing that as elections come closer, "Kila mtu anarudi kwao/nyumbani." All indications in that Mizani are that Ruto is slowly being treated as the GEMA candidate, both by Kyuks and Non-Kyuks. It's not neat like a pure Gema election. So Raila is getting a piece in Mt. Kenya and Ruto a piece among Baba supporters. But generally, more and more, the old contours are starting to show. Only standout is Bungoma, where Weta has seriously impressed! Beating Rao 60%< Otherwise, seems to me most people are returning back to their old camps. They were prolly apathetic and have become more involved as the election draws closer.

Online KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 01:53:59 AM »
Raila biggest gain is the state machinery. With polls close the state machinery is the wildest card. Ruto has no way to counter state machinery. All uhuru has to do,is sow much confusion in central. This allows for rigging or manipulation to happen

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2022, 02:06:56 AM »
Raila biggest gain is the state machinery. With polls close the state machinery is the wildest card. Ruto has no way to counter state machinery. All uhuru has to do,is sow much confusion in central. This allows for rigging or manipulation to happen

Agreed. Again, we have to wait for the traditional pollsters to start posting their numbers since this Mizani is a funny new animal I've never even heard of  :D Could be fully in the pocket of some political personality.  But it's showing 49% Ruto vs 45% Baba, before Kalonzo move or Munya DPork. If Raila chooses Munya, those percentages would come even closer than the 4%. Maybe ending up with 1%-3% margin with increase of Meru and Kamba vote in RAO basket. Which is recipe for PEV, imo.  :-\

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2022, 02:33:53 AM »

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2022, 02:48:59 AM »

No need to go there. Kibaki didn't campaign. Was in a wheelchair. Did 10 years and is alive as we speak. Raila obviously can't do ten years but his mind is still ok and he doesn't need to do anything too vigorous. Guy still plays football!:D He can't keep up with Ruto, of course, who is as energetic as Raila in his younger days. But I'm sure he'll be fine. God willing.

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2022, 03:31:15 AM »
In 2013 Raila had statemachinery as Prime Minister , had IEBC in his pockets and all major Media stations doing his bidding but still lost the election. Right now he is worse off. This will be his worst performing election apart from 1997.

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2022, 03:32:27 AM »

Fact remains that Kenyan polls have never predicted correctly any Kenyan General elections. Trust them ar your own peril.

The polls seem to be showing that as elections come closer, "Kila mtu anarudi kwao/nyumbani." All indications in that Mizani are that Ruto is slowly being treated as the GEMA candidate, both by Kyuks and Non-Kyuks. It's not neat like a pure Gema election. So Raila is getting a piece in Mt. Kenya and Ruto a piece among Baba supporters. But generally, more and more, the old contours are starting to show. Only standout is Bungoma, where Weta has seriously impressed! Beating Rao 60%< Otherwise, seems to me most people are returning back to their old camps. They were prolly apathetic and have become more involved as the election draws closer.

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2022, 03:36:22 AM »

In 2007 and 2013 you same people kept saying he is 4th, In 2017 you kept singing he is 5th. Come Aug 09 you will find out who the real 5th is. He can swear hi.self in again as "peoples" president  .you can claim 2nd.

Offline bimnji

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2022, 04:26:33 AM »
unfortunately this is the argument I am hearing with a lot of deluded kikuyus that are supporting Raila, ati he will only rule for 5 years. They are very silly to think that, the way the ODM branch look like they are very quite right now and rightfully so, because they dont want to rock the boat that is about to dock in canaan. Once baba takes over, ODM takes over and who knows but I am sure they will not let Raila just rule for only 5 years and not after Raila has been tortured in the polls for this long.