Author Topic: Obama admin Bungled on Putin  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
Obama admin Bungled on Putin
« on: March 02, 2022, 02:58:47 AM »
They let him give Assad an out without challenging them. They let Putin use Chroline Bombs against Syrians civilians. NATO and the rest of western world coward and let Putin do what he wanted in Syria. This emboldened Putin and in continued his nonsense. He then invaded Crimea and Ukraine and too no one wanted to man up to him. Syria was where Putin realized America was scared of war after Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

The solution should be simple going forward. If a dictator baits USA to war they should use a premptive strike against the dictator directly.

This strike has to target the dictator goverment collapse directly. If US would have done the same to Saddam in 1994 it would have saved it self headache 10 years later.

As for now US should just rallly the allies and confront Putin directly. Make him pay and make sure he never gets out alive.

If you are the strong man in the field you have to assert this strenght when necessary. US is always avoiding war. It sat on sidelines for too long during WII and let Hilter conquer Europe until Japan decided to take on US. US should have attacked Japan. By the way MAO had such good intelligence that he had cracked Japanese codes and even had all details of Pearl Habor attack but USA ignored this info believing chinese had no ability to crack Japan codes

Anyway as for now USA should just get in easter Ukraine bomb the hell out of Russians and send them home with a warning

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Obama admin Bungled on Putin
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 06:12:16 AM »
Biden and Blinken were the minds and hearts of Obama admin.
Stop fooling people. They mishandled Maydan and have currently  really messed up which has led to this crisis.

Obamas turned out to be a bad President because of Biden and Blinken. He should have chosen a different vice president in 2008.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 06:33:06 AM »
Stop fooling people. They mishandled Maydan and have currently  really messed up which has led to this crisis.

Obamas turned out to be a bad President because of Biden and Blinken. He should have chosen a different vice president in 2008.
Obama was the cic. It was his call whether to fight in syria or walkout. He made that call alone. It failed and now putin is where he is because of that. It is like Clinton failure to kill Osama or pursue him when he had a chance..lesson to be learnt is that usa president's need to stop worrying about reelection and Carry their cic duties
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 08:18:05 AM by KenyanPlato »

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 06:39:25 AM »
Nope State Department is incharge of Foreign Policy.
Seems you dont know but Blinken drafted Obamas Afghanistan , Libya,Syria ,Ukraine and ISIL policies .
Here Obama saying Blinken was his and Bidens advisor on foreign policy . He calls him inner circle

Obama was the cic..in foreign policy.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 07:55:21 AM »
This was a national security matter. It was obama sole call not to act. Stop splitting hairs. Focus on the big picture. The macro not micro. Obama was ceo ultimately it was is call not anyone else

My major point here is,that future porks shouldn't be overly cautious but be very resolute. Alternatively some mechanism should be found to deal with these type of issues. What happened to Syrians is shouldn't be allowed to happen anywhere else. Syrians are Europeans in middle east but even today they are still suffering.

Susan Rice was more powerful in foreign affairs than anyone else during Obama. She had direct access to Obama admin the

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 08:19:29 AM »

It doesnt work out like that and you know it. Presidency is not about C.E.O ship. Especially if you put U.S.A. in context. State Department set Short term and Long Term objectives.
What is hurting U.S. now is not that Ukrainians are suffering but that post Ukranian Crisis there will be a New World Order. All future state departments plans have come to a halt. This is the end of NATOs expansion meaning end of exerting influence in previous Non NATO territories.
National security matter you say. So Syria poses a National Security threat to U.S. ?
You guys are really naive  Obama is C.E.O so he should things the way he wants . Syria invited Russia to assist in defence , This was legal and Russia did the right thing. U.S.A. involvement in Syria , Libya Aghanistan , Iraq and Yugoslavia was illegal.

This was a national security matter. It was obama sole call not to act. Stop splitting hairs. Focus on the big picture. The macro not micro. Obama was ceo ultimately it was is call not anyone else

My major point here is,that future porks shouldn't be overly cautious but be very resolute. Alternatively some mechanism should be found to deal with these type of issues. What happened to Syrians is shouldn't be allowed to happen anywhere else. Syrians are Europeans in middle east but even today they are still suffering.

Susan Rice was more powerful in foreign affairs

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 08:22:50 AM »
You are crazy than I thought. You make no sense. The ultimate call to intervene militarily is an executive call made by Obama with assistance by his cabinet. The constitution gives this power to potus not anyone else. Bush didnt go to foreigb affairs or state department to seek authorizarion to send troops to war. It is biggest most sacred decision a president makes. Even now it BIDEN Decision not to go to ukraine or stay in Afghanistan. It was decision to make and die or live with it. You are king of circlejerks

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 08:39:44 AM »

The more you try to defend this position , the more you prove you are clueless . POTUS must get Authorization to from Congress and SENTE to go to war. Foreign Policies are drafted by State Department.
You should stop blaming Obama on Syria . Blinken formulated that Policy ,Obama just followed that policy and infact rewarded Blinken by promoting him to the Deputy Secretary of State.
You guys seem are just glued on Television and dont know how systems work.

You are crazy than I thought. You make no sense. The ultimate call to intervene militarily is an executive call made by Obama with assistance by his cabinet. The constitution gives this power to potus not anyone else. Bush didnt go to foreigb affairs or state department to seek authorizarion to send troops to war. It is biggest most sacred decision a president makes. Even now it BIDEN Decision not to go to ukraine or stay in Afghanistan. It was decision to make and die or live with it. You are king of circlejerks

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 09:11:44 AM »
Obama was wrong to support the 2014 coup, I agree. And don't get me started on Libya and Syria!!!! But he was more careful towards Russia and China than what has followed him, IMO. Hawkish as any US president but with some caution: He explicitly said Ukraine was more important to Russia than to the US and wouldn't be warring Russia over them. He would've led the negotiations that have now stalled to some kind of resolution, I believe. Trump's re-election made Democrats NUTS and changed everything about how they were talking to Russia.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 03:32:35 PM »
Obama was wrong to support the 2014 coup, I agree. And don't get me started on Libya and Syria!!!! But he was more careful towards Russia and China than what has followed him, IMO. Hawkish as any US president but with some caution: He explicitly said Ukraine was more important to Russia than to the US and wouldn't be warring Russia over them. He would've led the negotiations that have now stalled to some kind of resolution, I believe. Trump's re-election made Democrats NUTS and changed everything about how they were talking to Russia.

Libya was the right call. Gaddafi was going to kill a lot of people. Here I am talking specifically Obama call not to confront Russia in syria. He was too cautious against putin and putin realized America had no will to fight him. As for Libya it is a lazy white supremacist American right wing propaganda on intervention there. I followed that revolution there from start to end. Gaddafi had several chances to leave alive but he was too egoistic to do so. Once a non fly zone was imposed all he needed to do is negotiate and at that point he would have kept his power. But I can't let your antiwest rhetoric go unchallenged. America must assert her power and let these dictators go unchallenged

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 03:34:16 PM »

The more you try to defend this position , the more you prove you are clueless . POTUS must get Authorization to from Congress and SENTE to go to war. Foreign Policies are drafted by State Department.
You should stop blaming Obama on Syria . Blinken formulated that Policy ,Obama just followed that policy and infact rewarded Blinken by promoting him to the Deputy Secretary of State.

How much authorization did Bush get for his wars. Theyxl just inform congress and get rubber stamp but that doesn't stop them from waging wars. All congress can do is refuse to fund war which is almost impossible

With preemptive doctrine there is even less check and balances. There is the famous 50 words authorization request. Only one California congress woman voted against that 50 words authorization. Republicans have given American potus all the tools and legal cover to wage war without being held back by laws

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 04:05:50 PM »
They let him give Assad an out without challenging them. They let Putin use Chroline Bombs against Syrians civilians. NATO and the rest of western world coward and let Putin do what he wanted in Syria. This emboldened Putin and in continued his nonsense. He then invaded Crimea and Ukraine and too no one wanted to man up to him. Syria was where Putin realized America was scared of war after Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

The solution should be simple going forward. If a dictator baits USA to war they should use a premptive strike against the dictator directly.

This strike has to target the dictator goverment collapse directly. If US would have done the same to Saddam in 1994 it would have saved it self headache 10 years later.

As for now US should just rallly the allies and confront Putin directly. Make him pay and make sure he never gets out alive.

If you are the strong man in the field you have to assert this strenght when necessary. US is always avoiding war. It sat on sidelines for too long during WII and let Hilter conquer Europe until Japan decided to take on US. US should have attacked Japan. By the way MAO had such good intelligence that he had cracked Japanese codes and even had all details of Pearl Habor attack but USA ignored this info believing chinese had no ability to crack Japan codes

Anyway as for now USA should just get in easter Ukraine bomb the hell out of Russians and send them home with a warning

I'd blame the UN before I blame Obama.  The sanctions that are happening on Putin now, should have happened then.  And no, the US has its fingers all over the place when it comes to wars.  I bet even in the current war in Ukraine, they are actively involved on some level e.g. sharing intelligence and maybe even military advice.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2022, 04:27:34 PM »
Kenyanplato I dont go meandering when discussing specific and issues in particular. Now you are taking us to Bush .
Obamas Syria war issue with Congress is well known go and google .He tried to Justify using the approval Bush had but it hit a dead end. Actaully he was going to lose congress vote  part of it was Blinken Initial policy which they were not confident in  Secondly Republicans were hell bound to vote out anything Obamas administration touched.
Now go ahead and meander , you can also bring in Raila in this thread.

How much authorization did Bush get for his wars. Theyxl just inform congress and get rubber stamp but that doesn't stop them from waging wars. All congress can do is refuse to fund war which is almost impossible

With preemptive doctrine there is even less check and balances. There is the famous 50 words authorization request. Only one California congress woman voted against that 50 words authorization. Republicans have given American potus all the tools and legal cover to wage war without being held back by laws

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2022, 10:10:02 PM »
The arguments seem to point that most people think the earth is flat where US does not share borders with Russia.

The US-USSR/Russia 'rivalry' is superficial and not historical. In WWII they were Allies.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2022, 10:56:20 PM »
The arguments seem to point that most people think the earth is flat where US does not share borders with Russia.

The US-USSR/Russia 'rivalry' is superficial and not historical. In WWII they were Allies.

They were forced allies. They didn't trust each other but needed to win of be hanged alone by nazis. Russia fought very well in WWII. They emerged from that war as a super power. They lost cold war. Now we are in another phase where Russia is on offense against USA and west. Going to be interesting to see how this ends. Usa is naive not to have taken putin serious enough to counter him earlier

Russia colonization of states it liberated from Germay was may be the reasons why it lost cold war. They had to fight Americans and the conscripted nations who wanted to be free and go to prewar order

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2022, 05:56:31 AM »

Libya was the right call. Gaddafi was going to kill a lot of people. Here I am talking specifically Obama call not to confront Russia in Syria. He was too cautious against putin and putin realized America had no will to fight him. As for Libya it is a lazy white supremacist American right wing propaganda on intervention there. I followed that revolution there from start to end. Gaddafi had several chances to leave alive but he was too egoistic to do so. Once a non fly zone was imposed all he needed to do is negotiate and at that point he would have kept his power. But I can't let your antiwest rhetoric go unchallenged. America must assert her power and let these dictators go unchallenged

You're just regurgitating the standard narrative we all followed on CNN, with the usual holes leaving out the West's blunders.

France and the US straight out LIED to the Security Council that they were going to establish the no-fly zone for strict peace-keeping, i.e. to separate Gadaffi forces from Benghazi's rebels. The AU was going to negotiate peace-talks, along with the Arab league. China and Russia agreed NOT TO VETO based squarely on these fake promises. Then the MOMENT it passed, Sarkozy and Obama IMMEDIATELY changed their rhetoric from peace-keeping to REGIME change, which was the game all along. It is the reason the US will never get another cooperative moment at the Council again. Then we found out from WikiLeaks, of course, that Hilary and the French had all along planned and PUSHED for the whole thing: they determined to get rid of Gadaffi long before. Which is no wonder she celebrated his brutal death in that infamous Aljazeera video. I don't even blame Obama for Libya so much as her. She's a republican war-hawk, Bush in a skirt; and Libya was something she and the French orchestrated for other reasons than love of Libyans. No different than their plan to kick Assad out, known 5 years before the alleged "opposition" rose up.

Hii unatwambia is the kawaida "Let me assume everything I read in Western media is the full and complete story and not bother with any other angle." Tumezoea. We all followed the Arab spring: Swali ni, what sources did you limit yourself to, both during and after?

And ati 'right call'  8): Look at Libya now and tell me with a straight face they're better off than they were when Gadaffi was president. :o From near 1st-world living standards to ISIL, slave-markets, rampant human trafficking and everything vile you can imagine. The West's involvement was nothing but DISASTER for Libyans! The AU (and Arab League) would've negotiated a peace deal that would've allowed the country to move on without reverting to 5th century Arabia. Perhaps Libya would've ended up federalizing or made some minimal constitutional reforms that may have allowed free elections at some point down the road. But no! The French wanted Gadaffi gone and roped in Hilary and the Americans to help them, not giving two cents about Libyans.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2022, 03:55:36 PM »
Gary Kasparov would seem to blame more than just Obama.  He blames the entire free world.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2022, 06:00:01 PM »

Libya was the right call. Gaddafi was going to kill a lot of people. Here I am talking specifically Obama call not to confront Russia in Syria. He was too cautious against putin and putin realized America had no will to fight him. As for Libya it is a lazy white supremacist American right wing propaganda on intervention there. I followed that revolution there from start to end. Gaddafi had several chances to leave alive but he was too egoistic to do so. Once a non fly zone was imposed all he needed to do is negotiate and at that point he would have kept his power. But I can't let your antiwest rhetoric go unchallenged. America must assert her power and let these dictators go unchallenged

You're just regurgitating the standard narrative we all followed on CNN, with the usual holes leaving out the West's blunders.

France and the US straight out LIED to the Security Council that they were going to establish the no-fly zone for strict peace-keeping, i.e. to separate Gadaffi forces from Benghazi's rebels. The AU was going to negotiate peace-talks, along with the Arab league. China and Russia agreed NOT TO VETO based squarely on these fake promises. Then the MOMENT it passed, Sarkozy and Obama IMMEDIATELY changed their rhetoric from peace-keeping to REGIME change, which was the game all along. It is the reason the US will never get another cooperative moment at the Council again. Then we found out from WikiLeaks, of course, that Hilary and the French had all along planned and PUSHED for the whole thing: they determined to get rid of Gadaffi long before. Which is no wonder she celebrated his brutal death in that infamous Aljazeera video. I don't even blame Obama for Libya so much as her. She's a republican war-hawk, Bush in a skirt; and Libya was something she and the French orchestrated for other reasons than love of Libyans. No different than their plan to kick Assad out, known 5 years before the alleged "opposition" rose up.

Hii unatwambia is the kawaida "Let me assume everything I read in Western media is the full and complete story and not bother with any other angle." Tumezoea. We all followed the Arab spring: Swali ni, what sources did you limit yourself to, both during and after?

And ati 'right call'  8): Look at Libya now and tell me with a straight face they're better off than they were when Gadaffi was president. :o From near 1st-world living standards to ISIL, slave-markets, rampant human trafficking and everything vile you can imagine. The West's involvement was nothing but DISASTER for Libyans! The AU (and Arab League) would've negotiated a peace deal that would've allowed the country to move on without reverting to 5th century Arabia. Perhaps Libya would've ended up federalizing or made some minimal constitutional reforms that may have allowed free elections at some point down the road. But no! The French wanted Gadaffi gone and roped in Hilary and the Americans to help them, not giving two cents about Libyans.

Which narrative are you spinning here. Nato made one deal with Gaddafi. They asked him not send his army to deal with protestors. They wanted to avoid mass casualty. Gaddafi insisted he would go to the western city where the protests started to deal with protests. Au was sent in to persuade him not to go after civilians he refused. A no fly zone was imposed and from there is option was exile which he refused to go to. AU to it credit tried to save Gaddafi. Sent in a delegation. They had a plane ready to take Gaddafi with them but he wanted to stay and fight on. He died a few weeks later trying to escape to Chad. Gaddafi indiscipline caused his death. His belligerence when he was losing cost his life and that of his family. Only the son was lucky enough to get to Chad the other one was captured and sold back to the rebels

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 06:39:59 PM »
Which narrative are you spinning here. Nato made one deal with Gaddafi. They asked him not send his army to deal with protestors. They wanted to avoid mass casualty. Gaddafi insisted he would go to the western city where the protests started to deal with protests. Au was sent in to persuade him not to go after civilians he refused. A no fly zone was imposed and from there is option was exile which he refused to go to. AU to it credit tried to save Gaddafi. Sent in a delegation. They had a plane ready to take Gaddafi with them but he wanted to stay and fight on. He died a few weeks later trying to escape to Chad. Gaddafi indiscipline caused his death. His belligerence when he was losing cost his life and that of his family. Only the son was lucky enough to get to Chad the other one was captured and sold back to the rebels
Rafiki, wacha mastory mingi: Ona hii kwanza;
I'll be back later with reading material. (Edit: In this thread on Libya: https://nipate.net/index.php?topic=11812.new#new )